For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

A Temporary Fix

John Quinn
    John Quinn

A Temporary Fix Empty A Temporary Fix

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Quinn stood across the street from the bar and tried to talk himself out of this. It had taken him a long time to walk from Jessica's place to here, but that time had done him no good. His hands were shaking again...and now the migraines were coming. He could feel it behind his eyes. He just hoped his contacts had been right about the cook. He pulled out his phone and called Vincent.

"Did you find the records I asked for? The videos as well?"

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

A Temporary Fix Empty Re: A Temporary Fix

Post by Vincent Davis Wed May 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Vincent felt his phone vibrate and answered.

"Did you find the records I asked for? The videos as well?"

"Of course, Sir. I will send the files to your phone immediately. Are you alright, Sir? You are looking a bit more tired than normal."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 6:05 pm

"Of course, Sir. I will send the files to your phone immediately. Are you alright, Sir? You are looking a bit more tired than normal."

"Just a long few days, Vincent. Don't worry so much. I'll be fine."

He shut the call off and stared at the phone for a minute...did Vincent know? He had to be curious why he had asked for the files...he sighed and headed toward the service door for the bar to look for what he needed.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed May 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Lafayette stirred in the pot of gumbo that he had boiling on the large stove in the kitchen of Merlotte's. Business had been slow so making this would just have to do and those who didn't like it could fuckin' sleep by it. Sam was off somewhere with his baby mama so it was just him and Terry with Arlene waitressing. Not that they needed anymore than that, not that anyone else ever did show up for work.

He caught sight of something large in the corner of his eye and turned with a grin as he stirred. "I'm sorry cans I help you, and please tells me I can." He grinned wider with a bat of his lashes. What a hunk of man meat this was standing right before him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Quinn smiled as he stepped through the doorway. The cook was just as described.

"I'm sorry cans I help you, and please tells me I can."

"I certainly hope so, Mr Reynolds. I certainly hope so."

Quinn felt a bit dizzy and looked around. He could barely keep his hands from shaking.

"Is there somewhere back here I can sit down for a moment before we talk?"
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed May 22, 2013 6:31 pm

He cocked a brow and tilted his head, coming around to the hallway where the muscle man stood, his biceps bulging out and praying for release from his shirt. Lafayette had money on the shirt, but then again he may be biased. Smirking he nodded towards the back door, he was due for a smoke anyway. Curiosity peeked him though, it wasn't often fine men like that came searching for him. Once he was outside he turned to face him and placed a hand on his hip.

"Okay what is it you want, cos I ain't got time foe stupid shit. Aight?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 6:35 pm

"Okay what is it you want, cos I ain't got time foe stupid shit. Aight?"

Quinn sat down on the stoop chuckling.

"I came across your name because I know you used to work for the vampire known as Northman. I only have one question. Are you still working for him? I find myself in short supply at the moment as my normal source is not available."

He looked up at the cook, trying to smile but the migraine was getting bad now.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed May 22, 2013 6:45 pm

He lit up a blunt and took a drag, watching this massive man with interest. "I did, yes work for Eric Northman. These days I stay away from vamps, they stays away from me. So I don't knows how I can help you."

Looking him up and down slowly he could tell exactly what it was he wanted. Jason fuckin' Stackhouse had the same problem once. "How long you been on it?" He questioned.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 6:47 pm

"How long you been on it?"

He chuckled softly and looked up to the cook again...

"That obvious? As to your question, too long or not long enough. I haven't had any in almost three days. Migraines are getting so bad I can barely see."
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Lafayette shrugged and took another pull from the blunt. "Well you wants me to be honest? You don'd need the shit. All that shit is good for is fuckin' up ya life, take it from me baby cakes, ride this shit out and let it leave your system. Vampires is all kinds a fucked up." Blowing out the smoke after another pull he tossed it to the ground and raised his brow again wondering if he still wanted it. He had a few vials left but selling it to this man he didn't know would be risky.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 6:55 pm

"Well you wants me to be honest? You don'd need the shit. All that shit is good for is fuckin' up ya life, take it from me baby cakes, ride this shit out and let it leave your system. Vampires is all kinds a fucked up."

Quinn began laughing quietly.

"So you say, but when your life is directly tied to several, you tend to fit in a bit more. I bet you still keep some on hand, just in case. I can make it worth your trouble....and can't remember where I got it afterwards."
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 pm

He laughed and stuck his hands in his pockets with a sigh. "I don't just sell to anybody. I seen you around with Jessica, I know your kind. If I hook you up, you don't know me and we ain't never spoke. Got it?"

He started to pass him and turned to look at him sitting. "I hope you knows what you doin'...and that'll be 850." Grinning he started to go inside to get the key to his car.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 7:11 pm

"I hope you knows what you doin'...and that'll be 850."

"That's no problem...and I don't think you'll be seeing me with her anymore. She made that pretty clear earlier..."

He fished out the cash and rolled it while he waited for the cook to come back. As he walked back over, Quinn held up the roll.

"Here's $900. Call the extra an introduction fee."
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed May 22, 2013 7:16 pm

He opened the glove box and took out another small key, went back inside of the kitchen and looked around. Stepped into the cooler and moved some meat boxes, revealing a lock box. He opened it and fished out one vial of prime A vampire blood, one of the strongest he had left. God help him he didn't know if he was doing the right thing, but he was in no position to say no to that heap of man outside.

Walking back outside he took the money and handed him the vial. "Such a shame, that would be free V too." He chuckled then stopped. "Remember, this...ain't neva happened."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 7:38 pm

"Remember, this...ain't neva happened."

Quinn took the vial and looked to the cook with a blank stare.

"What never happened? Oh...and if you ever need something..."

Quinn left a card on the step and stumbled away, clutching the vial as he walked toward the lake. He was not proud of this, but he needed the pain to stop. He walked to the bench and sat down...tears fell as he remember the time they had sat here for ages, just talking...but that was over now. With the loss of Jessica, he had no reason to care about anything any more. He would certainly be alive, but not the same...at least he could take comfort in oblivion. He unscrewed the cap and leaned his head back, pouring the entire vial down his throat. He felt the effects immediately as the V blazed through his system...

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 22, 2013 7:44 pm

I found Lafayette going inside and smelled the air, his scent was strong and near. Very near. Ignoring Lafayette's question, I followed the scent and saw his figure sitting on the bench we sat at so many times talking, laughing, kissing...the early stages of getting to know one another. I saw him raise the vial to his lips. "QUINN! NO!" I rushed over with vampire speed and knocked the vial out of his hands but saw it to be empty. I dropped to my knees in front of him and felt the sting of my own tears. Whispering softly as I looked up at him.

"What have you done?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Quinn's mind was spinning, all the pain was gone. He could see the images in his mind slipping away. He heard her voice like a whisper, but knew it had to be a memory...

"What have you done?"

"I will not be causing more pain. Not feeling any more pain. Not feeling anything..."

His voice sounded slurred, but he didn't care. The Jessica in his mind would understand...at least until she too faded away...

"You are getting what you wanted, princess..............I am gone......."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I didn't want this, I never wanted this. I knew that deep down but the pain was just too much. Facing him, seeing him and remembering the way he looked at her, the way his hands moved across her skin. I closed my eyes tight and tried to get the images out of my head. "That's...that's not what I want. I never wanted you gone...I don't...I don't want to hurt anymore. I'm tired of being hurt...." I muttered the words to myself, like I was speaking to myself and saw the look on his face. I did this by not listening to him, crazy how I was the one feeling guilty and he was the one who screwed up.

The tears fell harder and I opened my eyes to look into his. "Why...just why?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 7:59 pm

His eyes slid open a little, and he could even see her...she was like a wisp but it was her. she asked him why...

"I won't be able to hurt you now, Koibito. You'll be safe from me now..."

His eyes slid shut again as he let his head fall back, feeling the waves of sensation from the V take over...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm

"Hell lock him in a bunker and force him to go cold turkey I don't care just DO IT" Kiara's words replayed over in my mind. I wiped my eyes and looked around. With vampire speed, I got into my car and drove it closer to where he was. Opening the passenger side, I went back over to him and grabbed his shirt, pulling him to his feet. He was like dead weight but luckily my strength was just enough. I carefully placed him in the passenger side and rushed to the driver side, peeling out and driving towards my place. He would not die like this, not if I could help it.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Quinn felt himself being moved. He knew the scent but could not place it. Only two people wore that perfume that he knew of. He felt himself strapped into a car and felt the car moving. His head slumped toward the driver but he could not will his eyes open...

"...Grace...Tell Jessica I'm sorry I caused....I caused....pain...to her...won't have to worry now..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 22, 2013 8:26 pm

I looked over at him pretty much drunk and furrowed my brows at the name. Who was Grace? Was she someone else he had been sleeping with? No, don't do this, not now. I gripped the wheel tighter and continued to drive to my place. Luckily I'd made Alcide put an entrance to the basement safe room in the garage I parked my car, so getting him there wouldn't be too hard. I rushed towards the door of what appeared to be a large tool chest, opened it and scanned my thumb print and keyed in my code. The doors slid open and I rushed back over in blurs grabbed him and pulled him out of the car. "Come on..." I muttered as I used every bit of strength I had to lift him and hold him up as he stumbled next to me.

Bringing him downstairs was the worst, he wanted to go forward as I tried to keep him level. Finally getting to the bottom, I placed him on the bed and sped back up to lock the car and the doors, concealing us in. Pressing the key on my key pad for my car keys, the garage shut and we were safe. I looked back at him on the bed and had to think fast. If Kiara was right and he might go off like a nuclear bomb, it would be best to secure him. I searched the cabinets in the room and found weapons, but nothing I could use.

Then I spotted it. Silver leg irons and shackles. I had no gloves handy so I had to grit and bare it. Grabbing them I clenched my jaw tightly and tried to force myself not to scream as I secured him to the bed. My hands were burning, smoke rose from my skin as the pain only got worse. Finally securing the last wrist to the post I fell to the ground and looked at my burned hands.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Quinn felt himself being moved again. More than one occasion he almost toppled on some stairs. He felt himself placed on a platform and strapped down.

"Pull the meat off the grill....it's burning..."

those words were the last he spoke before oblivion took him into the blackness...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 22, 2013 9:00 pm

I watched my hands heal and grimaced at the smell, then raised my head to hear him utter something about meat on a grill. I sighed and stood, covering him I turned to walk away and looked back over my shoulder. From now until sunrise I had to get the supplies I'd need to bring him back to himself, to make him normal again and get this out of his system. How to purge V from someone? I don't know but I was damn well gonna do it. Alone...but I was going to do it. Right now I needed blood and lots of it to keep my strength up. Donor blood would be best, and I needed to call Vincent and let him know Quinn would be staying here a few days not to worry. I can do this...I can. I love him and I can do this...We can get through this. I continued to repeat those things in my head as I climbed the stairs to the main floor not knowing what lay ahead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 am