For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Trouble on the Horizon

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Trouble on the Horizon Empty Trouble on the Horizon

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Sam could feel the change in the air, something was coming and he didn't know what. There was something in his gut telling him that they needed to brace for something big. Maybe it was the baby, maybe it was just him over reacting over the news still talking about Luna and her ability to shift. Who knew what it could be at this point, but he was severely distracted. The last appointment showed the baby was healthy and well and would arrive right on time. They had mere weeks left.

He sighed and turned with force only to run into Arlene. -Aw Damn, I'm sorry Arlene, I didn't see you.- He bent down to help her pick up the things she'd dropped.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Trouble on the Horizon Empty Re: Trouble on the Horizon

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat May 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Arlene grunted when Sam ran into her and caused her to lose the balance she had on the tray and things went tumbling to the ground. "Sam! Watch where you're goin', dangit." She sighed heavily and went to gather everything up, stopping when he picked them up. "Thank you. Why you so distracted, Luna having the baby?" She moved around him and set the napkins on the bar and refilled the pitcher with ice.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 pm

He sighed and tossed the rag over his shoulder, leaning up against the bar and folding his arms across his chest. -Naw, not yet. Soon though. I don't know it's just everything. We don't even have things set up for the baby and she'll be giving birth soon. I just feel so...unprepared.- He rubbed his forehead and let out a breath.

-Plus all this crap on the news...- He shook his head not wanting to go into all that.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat May 25, 2013 3:58 pm

She filled the pitcher with tea and shook her head with a snicker. "Well, Sam...I have to say not being prepared isn't very smart. You're gonna be a daddy soon, Merlotte. Better start actin' like it. Tell you what, I still have some things for Mikey he's grown out of. You come by and get it when you want. It'll help you get started. As for the news, don't worry about it. They won't bug a pregnant momma. Just...don't be turnin' into no dog around me okay?" She said with a smile.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 25, 2013 4:03 pm

-Thanks Arlene, I appreciate it and I know Luna will too. I'll come by tomorrow and get it.- He chuckled and shook his head. -No worries, I do that in private. Thanks for not getting too freaked out about it.-

Smiling he turned and wiped down the bar, looking around to see if any more customers showed up. It was almost dead. -If you wanna head out early you go right ahead. We're pretty dead anyhow.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat May 25, 2013 4:06 pm

"Oh Sam I got freaked out about it. Still giving me the heebie jeebies really, I mean you turn into a dog. That's a pretty big pill to swallow. But I guess you're the same as ya always been."

She walked up beside him and pat his shoulder. "Thanks Sam, the kids would like that. If you're sure though."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 25, 2013 4:10 pm

He laughed, -Yeah I'm sure. I think Lafayette and I can close up. It's no problem, really. You go on ahead.- He turned to the till and keyed in the code to open the register as she gathered her things to leave.

Passing down the hall to his office he let Lafayette know he was going cash out the registers while he cleaned the kitchen. On a better note, he'd be home to Luna's side in an hour or so. He looked forward to seeing her smiling face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm