For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Another Day, another dollar

Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Another Day, another dollar Empty Another Day, another dollar

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:37 pm

“Walkin’ into Merlotte’s to start my shift. Just ain’t the same without Terry here.*

Mumbling under my breath, “Fuckin’ Grandmama of his. I heard her askin’ if I was a boy or a girl. Wouldn’t that ol’ bitch like to know.”

Going down the hall into the kitchen, seeing there was already a line of tickets waitin’ on me. Grabbin’ the first one and throwin’ fries in a basket. Then I remembered showin’ Terry how to dip his body just right when he dropped ‘em.

In Terry’s honor, I did my best sexy ass dip when I put those fries in the basket.

Turning around to the flat top grill, I muttered, “Gonna have to talk to Sam ‘bout hirin’ a replacement for Terry sooner or later. If that mofo thinks I’m gonna do this shit all by m’self, he be crazier than I figgered.”

Looking over at the pass through window – “I just got here! Keep your panties on!” Damn – these fuckers must think I’m magical or sumpin’ – give me a minute already.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 am