For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Moving In

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Moving In Empty Moving In

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 am

Willa rose early in the evening, packed quickly and departed before Tara had awoken. She knew that Tara's mood would be even more foul since Willa was going to move in at Bill's mansion. Tara was taking the action as a direct insult, thinking that Willa didn't trust her or want her. That couldn't be further from the truth though; Tara had her own things to deal with since losing Pam and Willa didn't want to be in her way, to be a burden on her.

As the car pulled in front of Bill's house, Willa stepped out and simply stared at the huge front doors. If she were still human, her heart would be racing from her nervousness right now. Did the progeny that Bill spoke about a couple of days ago still live here? Would she be received with open arms or looked down upon, as though having her here was a chore? Well, there was only one way to truly find out.

Stepping into the front entryway, Willa looked around curiously. She had been here not long ago but she had never actually stopped to look at the place, not really. It was very large and rather luxurious, which she half expected simply because he was the king. Walking towards the office she knocked on the door somewhat timidly. Well, this was it ready or not.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Moving In Empty Re: Moving In

Post by Bill Compton Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:59 am

Bill had been writing for what seemed like several hours now, beginning chapter three on what he believed to be a revelation of his sins and what he had created around himself. Another world held within the pages of his history accounts. He felt a need, a drive to complete this task, but only time would truly tell if he would be able to achieve it.

Draining his glass of blood as he slid the glass onto his desk having consumed far more than he normally would on an evening basis. But he was glad that he had a fully stocked resource of blood stashed away for emergencies.

Hearing footsteps outside his office and hearing a knock, he could already hear and know whom it was. Closing his computer screen off as he straightened himself out.

"Come in Miss Burrell" he called out to her.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 am

Opening the door slowly Willa poked her head in, hoping that she wasn't interrupting anything overly important. She pushed the door open all the way and stepped into his office and plopped down in one of the seats across from his desk.

"Thank you again for this Bill, it means a lot really it does."

Offering him an almost shy smile, Willa really looked around the office for the first time. It was definitely the office of a politician; she recognized that right away. She chuckled lightly to herself, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lips. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same it seemed.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:14 am

"It is my pleasure Willa...Understand, your Maker and I did not get along. To some points we hated each other...But we came to an understanding, and I feel that it is only right that I do what I can to help you" he smirked.

He leaned forward on his desk, leaning on his arms as he now had to set out a few simple rules that he needed to be obeyed at all times. Especially with how the human population had now discovered all of their weaknesses.

"Willa, as you are now living under my roof. As the King of Louisiana I will expect you to present yourself in a certain manner, there is rules that you must follow. Without hesitation, without question...I do not, nor could ever take the place of Eric Northman, but with who and what I am, i have requests that must be followed. Can you do that?" he questioned waiting on her answer.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:23 am

Bill was right about one thing, he could never take Eric's place. Nobody could. Once in a while, she would feel a stir in the pit of her stomach; the part where the bond with him had once been. Willa dismissed them however as longing for the maker that she had once known, such a short time ago. For the most part, all she was left with was a hollowness that simply made her ache. No, he wouldn't replace Eric but Willa was glad that he would honor his memory by helping her to become the vampire that Eric would've wanted.

The smirk on Willa's face grew larger and she snorted a laugh as Bill spoke about his image within the vampire community. She hoped that he didn't think she was being downright rude but the irony of it all was far too amusing, "I'm sure that you know who my father is. Being the daughter of a politician when I was a human, my life was consumed with having to present myself a certain way for my father's image, because of who he is. I'm used to it. What is it that you need of me? Other than, you know, no more killer rampages I mean."

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:30 am

Bill kept his comment to himself about her father, whom he had killed. That was something that he would keep to himself, although she would find out eventually, but now was not the time to discuss that.

"Your a young vampire Willa, untrained to defend yourself from attack. You will learn to control your thirst, this will take time of course. For Jessica it took sometime for that to happen, and as for Brianna she is developing quite well for her age. She is a few weeks older than you are, she requires a friend, similar of age. So you will not go out with a security team, I have already got a permanent team set and ready, get to know them. You will find that they will do their job in serving me to protect you. Of course you already know about the donor situation and I shall not stop you seeing Tara, she is more than welcome to visit. But under no circumstances do you repeat anything that is said within these four walls. Understand?" he questioned her.

Whatever was said within his home remained here, of course Jessica knew better and Brianna would soon know.

"Perhaps it was time that you met your new friend" he smirked.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 am

Willa nodded her head with each request that Bill made of her; which, truth be told, were not that bad.  Don't leave without an already chosen security team, don't kill the donors, learn how to not kill a ton of people, and make a new friend.  The latter was what Willa was the most excited about though.  Another baby vampire, someone that she could talk to and who understood everything that she was feeling; OK well, maybe not everything but she would definitely understand about the never-ending hunger and want to kill every person with a pulse.  She nodded vehemently as Bill suggested that she meet his progeny.  

"I would love to meet her Bill.  It'll be nice to have someone to talk to.  Tara's great but she's not really all that into sharing, especially not with.....well everything."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 am

Brianna had been listening to Jessica's Ipod, well until she could get her own. She did admit Jessica did have a good taste in music, but there was some on there that just wasn't her style. As she flipped to another song...Now that was one that she liked.

This is just what she needed to clear her thoughts, well anything to clear her thoughts. With Jessica gone AWOL and trying to apologize to her for her outburst. She just wanted to be alone right now. With Bill so wrapped up in his own little world, she might as well be alone. It was then she felt something flow through her, the exact same feeling that she had felt when Bill was dying.

She sped out of her room, faster than she ever ran before. Speeding down the stairs as she burst into Bill's office, pulling out her ear buds.

"What is it Bill? What's wrong?!" she asked hurriedly.

Before turning to see that he was with a guest, and she soon realized that she was not dressed appropriately; dressed in a small pair of shorts and a revealing strap shirt. Eyeing the guest a little uneasy she tucked the Ipod into her pocket.

"Um...Hi" she whispered.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 am

Bill fought back a smirk as he cleared his throat as Brianna came barging into his office as he took in her attire. Not something that he had become used to seeing her dressed in. As he stood from behind his desk and walked around to greet his younger progeny who he could clearly see was a little on edge.

"Brianna, I would like you to meet Willa Burrell. She shall be staying here with us...She is like yourself a young vampire. Perhaps you two could be friends?" he smirked at her "There is no need to be shy Brianna" he reassured her as he could still feel her unease. "Willa, this is Brianna Jackson, my youngest progeny"
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 am

Willa turned around quickly when Bill's youngest child came barreling into the office. Standing up, she plastered her best smile on her face and extended her hand, "Hi there Brianna. I hope we can get to know each other and get to be friends. I, uh, really don't have many people to talk to anymore so hopefully......"

Her words trailed off as Willa realized that she was simply rambling at this point, the words simply spilling out of her mouth of their own accord. Great, the girl probably thought she was out of her mind and would end up staying at least 50 feet from her at all times. Why was this whole vampire thing so damn difficult?
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:10 am

Accepting her hand Brianna shook it as she smiled softly a little more comfortably than she was before.

"Nice to meet you Willa..And sure we can be friends. I would like that very much" she spoke softly.

Turning to meet Bill's gaze, still a little unsure of how he was doing after the events of meeting the sun in Shreveport.

"Are you alright Bill? I mean really? Your all healed?" she questioned as she bit her lower lip, not sure if she had said the wrong thing.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:15 am

"I am fine Brianna, you do not need to worry about me...Perhaps you could show Willa to her room? The room next door to your own is vacant, help her get settled in" he requested of her.

Bill turned to Willa who was still remaining on the same spot as he smiled softly.

"I have some work that I need to get done, but Brianna shall show you around. And if you have any questions, my office is always open. We shall talk more when you have settled in properly" he spoke.

As he walked around his desk once again to finish his work as he gazed at Brianna.

"We will talk tonight Brianna" he smirked.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 am

Willa's brow raised slightly as Brianna asked Bill if he was truly OK. She knew better than to ask any sort of political figure too many questions about things that had happened before coming into the picture. She would most likely find out something soon enough but, for now, it was best to simply file the information away mentally.

turning to Brianna, Willa waited for her to lead the way to her new room. It was nice, not overly large, but it would suit it's purpose nicely. There was also a nice flat panel television hanging on the wall across from the bed. The few bags that she had had already been brought up from the car. Flopping onto the bed, Willa turned to look at Brianna.

"So, Brianna, tell me a bit about how life as a vampire has been for you. What's it like here? Is Bill OK as a maker? How strict is it here? Is it crazy being the daughter of the king of Louisiana? Is there any blood around here, I'm starving as usual?"

Snapping her mouth shut, Willa realized that she was rambling again, still nervous about this new place and her new life.

"Sorry, I talk too much sometimes," she murmured, a bit embarrassed.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am

Brianna had led the way from Bill's office as she closed the door hesitantly, wanting to speak with Bill further now that he was up and walking around a lot more. But still she wanted to talk to him about what had happened. As she led Willa towards her room right next door to her own, it was the same layout, a large bed and a very large flat screen TV over looking the whole room.

Seeing that Willa's bags were now all here as she sat herself down in the chair next to the bed as Willa sunk herself onto her bed and began questioning her about everything.

"Don't worry, i talk a lot when I am nervous. Its a bad habit of mine. And Bill is okay, he is really nice when you get to know him. He has never been strict with me, and I hope he never is. I like him, i care for him like any progeny would. He is a good guy, he has another progeny Jessica, but she is a bit more...Well she is nothing like me" she smirked.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am

Nodding her head slightly, Willa smiled "I met Jessica very shortly a little while back in the vampire jail that we were all at. I didn't get a chance to know her really we were all just being held there together."

It was sad to say but, for Willa, those were the good old days of being a vampire. Truthfully, it was all that she really knew and it was when she still had Eric in her life. She shook her head gently about the very fucked up notion that those, so far, had been the best of her very short vampire life.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I mean in vampire time. I know Bill said you're a bit older than I am. I guess that means you're more powerful than me, at least that's what Tara had explained to me. The older the vampire, the stronger they are."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 am

Brianna didn't really understand that concept, the older the vampire the stronger they were. She knew Bill was a lot older and a lot stronger. But she figured that was through a lot of training or something like that. Bill still hasn't taught her a lot about being a vampire. But he seemed in a better mood that he was, so maybe he would teach her now.

"I don't really know...I guess I am around 4 or 5 months old. I think, I am not to sure. I don't really keep a note on that sort of thing....Who is Tara? Is she the one that made you?" she questioned wanting to know more about Willa.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 am

Willa smiled sadly, feeling the emptiness inside her beginning to spread again.

"No Tara is....well I guess technically, she's my niece. My maker had another progeny, Pam, and Tara is her progeny. My maker, Eric, well....he's dead. He met the sun and burned about 5 days ago."

Saying the words was getting easier and the sadness wasn't lasting quite as long. Maybe this move would be good for Willa in more ways than even she had truly believed. It wasn't that she felt that she had a new family but perhaps, now that she felt more secure, she could begin to let Eric go a little; maybe she would be able to forgive him for leaving her. Yes, perhaps this would be just what she truly needed.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:05 am

"Ohh" was all that Brianna could say.

She stood from her chair and walked around towards the bed and perched next to Willa, she didn't know what it was like to loose a 'Maker', but Bill did leave her for sometime before he came and found her again and brought her here.

"I'm sorry, that is tough...I never met another vampire apart from Bill and Jessica. They are all I got now...My father..human father, wanted to kill me because of what I am now. Bill saved me, brought me here. He's all I have, he is like a father kinda...Maybe he could be your father, we could teach each other?" she asked curiously.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 am

Willa listened as Brianna sat next to her and explained a bit of her past, since being made into a vampire. Her father had wanted to kill her? Willa's father had locked her up in the disgusting jail but he wanted to try and "cure" her. Although, in the end, she was put in the sun room along with all of her friends and most of her family. If it hadn't been for Bill, her father would've ended up killing her too.

"I guess we do have quite a few things in common Brianna. Bill saved me from my father as well. My father is Governor Truman Burrell, the one that made the vampire death camp. I was in the sun room when Bill came and saved us from dying so, in a way, he saved me from my father too."

The more they spoke, the more Willa liked this girl. She felt a kind of kinship with her, being brand new vampires with relatively few people around that understood them; not to mention the fact that their fathers both hated what they had become.

Willa shook her head at the thought of Bill ever being her father, "No, Bill won't be a father for me. Only Eric could be that and, he's not coming back."

Once more, Willa felt the tears begin to threaten to spill over. She was getting very tired of always either crying or being angry. Wiping her eyes quickly, she forced a smile on her lips and decided to change the subject before she broke down again. She had allowed it in front of Tara but she would not allow herself the luxury of crying around others.

"So, what's good to eat around here? I know Bill said that he has a private reserve of blood and donors. Are you hungry? I'm always starving lately!"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 am

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend, its just that I know what its like to be without a father, and Bill is here, he wants to help me. I mean I know he is going through some stuff, but he is a good guy. He wants to help you...Like I want to help you" she smiled softly in hoping to diffuse the situation before it escalated into something bigger.

She heard Willa talk about blood, and the donors that Bill had been keeping. Truth be told, she could so with some fresh blood. She didn't mind the bottled blood, but she would much prefer human right now. A male, early 20's, you could place an order on the donors like ordering fried pickles and gumbo at Merlotte's.

"We will have to call them in, Bill did say to make you feel at home and get you settled in. So I guess this qualifies as 'settling' in...Come on let's go, you can order what you want...And you can get extra's or so I have heard" she smirked as she held the door open waiting to go "You coming?" she questioned.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:42 am

Standing up, Willa followed Brianna out of the room and down the stairs. After they had ordered their meals, Willa sat back on the couch, trying to relax as much as possible.

"Don't worry, you didn't offend or upset me earlier. I know that Bill wants to help. He's a good man and has already saved my life twice since I've met him. I trust him, for the most part. He and Eric didn't like each other much, it seems. I suppose I'm trying to understand why. Although, Eric didn't seem like the type to deal with with authority well, unless he was the authority."

Willa made a mental note to show Brianna the picture of Eric that she had stolen from the cabin; just a little something to remember Eric by. She also took one of the black tank tops that he had hanging in the closet. Willa could still smell Eric on the shirt; his scent reminded her of the night that she was turned.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:51 am

After ordering their donor's all they had to do was wait until they arrived which would be within the hour. Brianna had never ordered a donor before so this was a complete new thing for her. As she slumped into the large couch in the living area waiting with Willa for their donors.

"Bill never really talks about anything, or about being King. It must be some sort of secret I guess. But he is a good guy once you get to know him better. He never really talks about Eric, i have never heard his name before. Maybe Jessica knows who he is, but i never met him before" she shrugged.

She really didn't know what else to say about Eric, after all she didn't know to much about him. Maybe she would add it to the list to ask Bill or Jessica when she spoke with them next.

"What was he like?" she questioned her.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 am

Looking to the ceiling, Willa thought about a good way to describe Eric. There really weren't any good adjectives that she could really use that would truly be accurate enough for anyone to get a good feel for who he was. A smile came across her face as she thought of how they had come together and how he had become her maker.

"Well, I guess the best way to describe him is, he's the perfect cad. When I first met him, he was at my bedroom window. He glamoured me into letting him in the room, with every intention of killing me and leaving my body for my father to find. Eventually, he changed his mind and kidnapped me. I wanted to help the vampires so he made me one of them. He told me that I deserved to be one of them and that he had only made one other vampire in the thousand years that he had been alive. He meant to kill me but ended up saving my life that night. My human father was so overbearing, he would've eventually smothered me by holding on so tight. Eric gave me my freedom and I will always love him for that. I think it's also a part of the blood bond, being close to your maker. So close, that you can feel their pain and anguish. Eric hurt a lot at the end, body but mostly mind........I just hope that he has found peace."

Willa was torn from her story by a loud knocking on the door followed by their donors walking into the den where they sat.

"Oh good! Dinner's here!"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 am

Brianna sat and listened to Willa's story about how she remembered her Maker Eric, she fought back the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. She didn't know the bond between a Maker and their progeny could go that far. But then she remembered feeling like she did when she felt Bill in the sun, she could feel every bit of pain that he felt. She had never truly experienced that kind of emotion before, but now with Bill it was something completely new.

"He sounds like an amazing guy, minus the part about wanting to kill you at first...I would have loved to have met him. But from what Bill has told me, his blood is in my veins and my blood is in his...That means when...When he died, that he had you with him in a way...His blood still runs in your veins, so i think that means that he is still apart of you in a way. He will never truly be gone, if you love him and care for him...Then he is not really gone" she whispered.

Brought out of her trace of thoughts as two young men entered the room, this must have been the donors that they ordered. Brianna knew exactly which one that she ordered. She could pick him out a mile away, just what she wanted.

Moving In 427px-Bernardo-velasco-pitcher
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:01 am

Willa nodded in agreement when Brianna spoke about Eric always being a part of her. Truthfully, she knew it was true because of those stirrings that she felt once in awhile. She wondered if that was Eric's spirit yelling at her for killing those people and moving in with Bill. Shaking off the thought, she looked up at the men that had entered the room. Licking her lips Willa moved towards her donor and bit into his throat, groaning with satisfaction as the thick, warm liquid spilled into her mouth and down her throat. After drinking her fill, and the young man began to pull back slightly, she forced herself to stop feeding and clicked her fangs away.

Waiting until Brianna finished with her delicious looking donor, Willa waited until they left the room and smiled, "I really needed that. Hey thanks for making me feel so welcome here. I know that Bill is helping because for some reason, he owed Eric. It's just nice to have someone to talk to about everything. I know that it'll be awhile before I'm allowed to leave here, at least not without armed guards at all times but maybe sometime we can go shopping or do something fun."

Willa smiled as she thought about how things seemed to be going. Later in the evening, she would unpack and settle in more but, for right now, it seemed like life was going to be pretty good at the Compton house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm