For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Moving Forward

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Moving Forward Empty Moving Forward

Post by John Quinn Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Quinn smiled as he covered Arabella up and left her to sleep the day away. He still rose before sunset, even though he knew he could not see it. He began to plan out the evening and knew that courtesy demanded his returning Compton's request. He thought carefully before deciding to gamble on Compton's propriety and manners. Protocol would require him to behave. He pulled out his phone and left a voice mail for Compton to receive when he rose for the day.

"To His Royal Majesty William Compton,
    Sorry for the delaying returning you message. Personal complications. I will agree to meet and only have two requirements. Firstly, you will have delivered to my estate a Royal letter of safe conduct for myself and my progeny. Secondly, I will not put my Progeny at risk. She will have the means to protect herself on her person and this will not be contested. In return for this concession, I will come without silver or steel to speak with you. If this is agreed, then I await your messenger.
    In Trust,
    Jonathan Quinn."

He closed out the message and smiled. If Compton agreed to his terms, then his own edicts would require his compliance. He stepped into the back room and checked on Vincent. His vitals were stable and stronger than ever, but Quinn still insisted on more rest. He had a frown on his face, but his eyes betrayed his amusement as he flipped from channel to channel. Quinn closed his door and went to sit by the seal-door until sunset released the locks.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Moving Forward Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am

With Bill's uneasy situation he found himself rising well before sun down one again to begin a night of unexpected events. But Bill had become accustomed to never preparing for anything, something always had it's way of rearing its head when Bill was not prepared for it. As he rose from the empty bed that he once shared with Kiara, still finding it difficult to adjust to what he was doing. But he was left with no choice, he had prepared himself for another meeting with her. Already planning on bringing in more of her things to make her more comfortable as possible, he could only imagine how that was going to go.

As he had taken his rest in nothing more than a thin pair of boxers that Kiara had purchased for him, the finest Egyptian silk that money could buy. As he slid them down his hips as he stepped into the shower as the warm water blast across his cool skin creating patches of warmth as he closed his eyes and let the water wash away everything in a spiral of anxiety as it washed down the drain. His hair clung to his face as he stood still as the water engulfed him, creating a mist of steam to block out everything from what the night held in front of him.

He could remain like this for hours at a time, it was the easiest time for Bill as he just felt like a vampire. Nothing more. His ears caught the sound of his cell phone buzzing on his bed side table. He had still not heard from Jessica, he had left several voice-mail's and messages for her. Remembering that it was Jessica that had taught him how to type with the keys. Switching the faucet off as he reached for a large towel and wrapped it around his waist as it clung on the edge of his hips as he headed back into his main suite.

Flipping over the cell as he scanned the small screen as he noted that he had a voice-mail as he hit call to hear the message, hoping that it was from Jessica;

"To His Royal Majesty William Compton,
    Sorry for the delaying returning you message. Personal complications. I will agree to meet and only have two requirements. Firstly, you will have delivered to my estate a Royal letter of safe conduct for myself and my progeny. Secondly, I will not put my Progeny at risk. She will have the means to protect herself on her person and this will not be contested. In return for this concession, I will come without silver or steel to speak with you. If this is agreed, then I await your messenger.
    In Trust,
    Jonathan Quinn."

It was then he had to hit repeat on the voice-mail again as he tried to make sure that he had heard it right; John Quinn had a progeny? How was that even possible? He had not spoken with Quinn since the night that Jessica wished for them to meet properly as it was important to her.

Quickly dialing a number on his call list as he was connected with a member of his staff.

"I need a car sent to the estate of John Quinn and I am sending you the details of what you need to do. Tonight. Thank you" he spoke softly as he ended the call and quickly typed out his commands that the young woman that would be arriving with John Quinn was not to be harmed, and that he was to be searched. Re-regardless of his word, Bill still did not trust him. But they needed to meet.

So tonight John Quinn and his progeny would arrive, Bill's night was about to get more eventful. Dropping his cell on the bed as he began searching out fresh attire. Tonight, either a truce was made, or war would begin.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:43 am

Quinn watched the security camera feed from outside Compton's estate and saw the car leaving. He smiled. So the king was willing to play. He must really want this meeting. He walked back into the secured wing and into Arabella's room. He chuckled as he noted that she too had begun sleeping nude. The silk and satin of her bed was pushed away as she read from her latest novel, Timeless Night by Torie James. Her feet were kicking in the air as she read, but the book came to rest on the bed as she turned to face him when he walked into the room.

"Did you get a response?"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:48 am

Arabella sighed and shook her head.

"Still no word from Cassia, but I can be patient. I am forcing her to make a hard choice. The least I can do is to be patient. I just hope she is happy, no matter which choice she makes."

She saw the outfit draped over his arm and smiled.

"I am guessing that you received word from Compton? You know I have been dying to wear that one."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am

"Yes, Arabella. He is even sending us a limo. Get yourself ready. The car just left his estate so it should be here in about an hour."

He laid the clothes over a chair as the side of the room. He smiled at her and walked out to get himself prepared. As he stepped into the shower, he thought about a lot of things that had happened and all that was moving forward. Things were about to get very interesting.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

She watched him leave, laughing a bit as he left the room. She was finally going to meet this Compton. Maybe she would also have the chance to make peace with the redhead. She had not had the chance when Fate intervened. Jessica had sped off before she was strong enough to speak to her. She thought carefully about sneaking in and joining Jonathan in the shower, but he was still hesitant about making the transition in their relationship. Ah well...she could wait. After all, it was not every day you met the king of Louisiana. She called for a female donor and turned on the shower. She alternated between feeding and letting the girl wash her. She was nice looking enough, but she was not Cassia. She finally sent the girl away and finished herself. Once she was dried, she pulled on the outfit Jonathan had brought to her.Her hair was done up in a style that complimented the dress and she smiled in the mirror before going out to meet Jonathan. This meeting was important to him so she wanted to make the right impression.

Moving Forward 40184710

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am

Quinn stepped from his room and paused for a moment, just admiring how that outfit looked on Arabella. It was daring enough to tease but still in good taste. He had been right about how it would look on her. He stepped close, kissing her cheek gently.

"You look exquisite, Arabella. Better that I imagined. I love the hairstyle. It is perfect. The car should be here soon. Have you fed yet?"

He wandered into the kitchen, making something to eat while they waited for the car to arrive.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 am

Shivers went across her skin when she felt his kiss. Gods why couldn't she make the first move. He made her feel like a precious treasure at times. She smiled when he asked if she had fed.

"Yes, I had a snack in the shower. Cute little blonde...you might like the flavor. I took what I needed and got ready."

She watched at the monitor for the gate when a small light flashed.

"Jonathan, the car has arrived. Do you want me to tell them to let him in?"

She looked up to see Jonathan had mouthful at the moment but was nodding. She pressed the intercom.

"Let him in after a search. Make sure he had the Safe Conduct on his person. If he does not have it, stuff him in the trunk."

She grinned impishly at Jonathan and closed off the intercom.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:11 am

Quinn could not help but chuckle at her comment about stuffing the driver in the trunk. He checked himself in the mirror and adjusted his jacket a bit before taking Arabella by the arm and walking toward the door. He let his hand drop to the small of her back, and smiled when he felt a small pistol hidden there. Very good. She was learning. Where one cannot have weapons, it is good to have weapons. As they climbed into the car, Quinn chuckled at the driver staring at him. He felt the car moving and began to run through different options on how things would proceed. He felt her slip close, laying her head against his shoulder as they rode toward Compton's estate.

"Today provides to be a day of days, Arabella."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 am

Bill had chosen a crisp black suit and a pristine white shirt as he left the top two button's open as he usually did. Tonight he was just Bill Compton, not the King of Louisiana. But he had prepared for the meeting tonight, he already has a security team on stand-by that would act upon his order, he was taking all precautions tonight. Tonight would be his biggest performance, everything depended on tonight.

As he entered his office and instantly poured himself some fresh blood from a champagne bottle, one of the many flavors that he stored away from others; one of the many surprises that he had from Kiara. As he gazed at the small screen of his laptop as it linked to the security camera's of the front gate.

Raising the glass to his lips as he saw the car approaching as parked at the gate, so they were here. As he sat himself down in the chair behind his desk, everything was prepared.

All he had to do was wait.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:32 am

Quinn chuckled as he was asked to step out at the gate to be searched. Once they were done, he climbed back in and the car moved to the front of the drive. As they exited, he was searched again. He could not help but laugh a bit. He took Arabella's arm and walked toward the door. The servants had been watching as he saw the door open right before them. They were led into the office, waiting just outside to be announced before entering.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am

Bill was now on his third glass of blood that still did not quench the thirst sating inside of him, but yet he still remained calm. He could hear the doors to his home open as he heard a murmur of different voices as he prepared himself. Having already checked in on the team on standby around the office in different rooms. He was prepared for every scenario....Or was he?

With a knock at the door he drained his glass and slid it onto the desk and one of his staffed entered the office soon followed by John Quinn and a young unknown woman close at his side.

"Thank you Maxine...You may leave" he instructed as she closed the door behind her on her exit.

Bill remained seated in his chair knowing that tonight was not about formalities; it was something more.

"I do not like to be kept waiting, but I assume your delay was due to unforeseen circumstances?" he spoke dropping the first ice breaker.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:46 am

Quinn chuckled. Compton was always so obvious, but if he wanted to fence, then Quinn would oblige him.

"As you know, my man Vincent was recently attacked and put in serious condition. We were attending to his treatment and I consider that the highest priority. He had watched over me in the past and it was my turn to return the favor. To save you the trouble of the standard pleasantries, yes he is going to make a full recovery but it took some very unconventional tactics to achieve that fact."

He smiled and motioned for Arabella to step forward.

"As is courtesy among proper circles, I will now present my progeny, Arabella. She is new to your realm and as such we felt it was proper that you should meet."
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:48 am

As Jonathan introduced her to the king, she smiled at Compton and winked at him. She knew that was not proper, but she was in a bit of an impish mood today. A glance from Jonathan curbed that idea though and she inclined her head deferentially before stepping back to her place beside him.

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:57 am

"Yes, I am aware of the situation. I am sorry to hear about Vincent, Jessica always spoke so highly of him; he was a good influence on her" he replied.

Bill continued to gaze at the young woman who stood very closely to Quinn's side, as though she clung to him like a newborn mate, But Bill could sense that she was not as young as her appearance claimed her to be.

Arabella?

A unique name for someone who seemed so bold, but quickly respond to Quinn's presence.

"It seems you have changed, but yet I cannot figure out how this vampire; Arabella clings to you as her Maker. Please take a seat, it seems that we have a lot to discuss before we get down as to why I called you here" he smirked falsely as he offered the two seats in front of his desk.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Quinn returned the smirk. He had been right. Arabella and her outfit had set him off his game just the right amount. He listened as Compton spoke, nodding and motioning for Arabella to take the offered seat. With a glance, he told her to remain quiet for now. He smiled at her then turned to face Compton.

"Yes, your majesty, a good bit has changed since the last time I sat in this office. To clear the elephant from the room yes she is my progeny. That would take many nights to explain, but let us just leave it as fact since it is obviously not why you asked me to come here."

He leaned back in the chair, watching for Compton's reaction. Quinn had always been blunt, but even for him this was a forward move. How Compton reacted would tell him much.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm

The elephant in the room?

Bill had to give Quinn his due, he had some nerve acting like he did. But there was another reason that he had called Quinn to his home, although he had expected him to be alone. But the presence of Arabella did not disturb him.

"I called you here to discuss a matter that needs to be addressed. I am aware of what happened to Vincent, and I am sorry to hear what has happened and am glad to hear that he will make a full recovery. But what needs to be discussed, a mutual friend of ours...Miss Griffen" he ended, needing to know how Quinn was going to react.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:22 pm

He knew the game Compton was playing, and he had walked into it. He felt Arabella tense as the mention of Kiara. He took her hand, squeezing it and shaking his head. He waited for her to relax before responding.

"Yes. Ms. Griffen is an interesting topic. A former employee of yours had quite a story to tell my people recently concerning her. I do not really give him much credit or value. If he would turn on you, what would make me trust or believe him? Even so, he mentioned that she was, or at least has been, in this home. I take it you got the message I sent with Jessica. Is that why you requested this meeting?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:33 pm

"Yes I received your message, although I find it low that you used my progeny to send me a message that you could not do yourself" he stated.

He listened as he questioned about a former employee; Stefan he remembered correctly. It had come to knowledge that Stefan was under the influence of Quinn. It was the reason why he had called this meeting.

"As...As your aware, there was an incident where Stefan could not take orders correctly..." he ended.

He instantly began typing on his computer which brought up video footage of the events that happened in the basement. Where Bill ordered Stefan to take Kiara down, and Stefan shoot her in the head. Finishing before anything else unfolded that night.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:39 pm

"As for sending the message, at the time, My condition was such that I could not deliver it myself so she was willing to do it for me. Despite her betrayal of what we shared, I have tried to keep things civil with her."

He smiled thinking of how awkward it must have made her feel to tell her maker the message.

"As for Stephan, he was never actually in my employ. Simply a cheap opportunist that thought he would make points with me. He was incorrect. His poor judgement almost cost him his life more than once from that incident. Once at your own hand and once from mine. I never asked him to harm her. Had I seen this footage, I probably would have delivered him to you in a bow. I do so know how you love presents."

He thought back to how Stackhouse had been delivered and suppressed a chuckle.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:53 pm

"I am aware of my progeny's dependencies, but I will not interfere in her personal matters. That is her own matter, what happens between you and Jessica is your matter. But is she requires me to intervene, I shall do as she wishes" he recalled a vampire named James moving around in his home.

"Yes well Stefan is not the matter I wished to discuss...But Kiara is dead, I would let you see the body. But if you wish to visit the grave site, her body now rests at peace" he whispered.

He had to act as though she was truly gone, but in a way he was not lying. A part of her had died, the part he truly loved about her.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Quinn watched him carefully. Was he telling the truth? He knew Compton had decades, even centuries of practice lying, but would he lie about this? He could leave it be for now and investigate it later. He needed to step carefully for now. He sighed, letting his shoulders drop.

"So be it. I had hoped she was still alive somehow. Her new resilience might have helped us find the cure for HepV. I was hoping you could provide a bit of her blood for testing, but if she is dead, I guess that is no longer an option."

He squeezed Arabella's hand to reassure her. He nodded and looked back to Compton.

"I appreciate your candor. I know speaking it out loud must still be difficult. Since that topic is, for lack of a better way to put it, dead, is there anything else that you wish to discuss?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:10 pm

"I am afraid there is nothing that I can do on the blood situation" he whispered again.

He had to carry on playing this right, he could not give any indication that Kiara was still alive. He needed to protect her, with everything that he had. No one else could find out about Kiara's whereabouts.

"Unless there is something more that you would like to discuss? But on the matter of your new progeny. The situation with vampires is still very unstable, and I must insist that Arabella refrain from feeding from humans in public. We are at a very delicate stage trying to regain back what the Governor took from us. I am sure that you understand the predicament that I am in" he directed at Arabella.

He had a press conference tomorrow evening and did not need anymore vampire related deaths in the area.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:17 pm

She looked to Jonathan first, seeing him nod.

"Your Majesty, I only feed from one of six hand selected donors in the privacy of our home. Jonathan has been very careful in screening them and we are not wanting to take risks. As I am no fledgling, I have better control than most vampires. Jonathan insists that I constantly practice restraint for that very reason."

She smiled at Jonathan and then looked back to the king.

"You do not have to worry about me going on some fledgling rampage. You have that on my word against the Bond I share with Jonathan. He trusts you, and as such I will as well. You have all assurance I can give that there will be no incident involving me. When enough time has passed, I would like to meet with your Jessica to speak of a few things. We got off to a bit of a bad start when we first met, and I think that was mostly my fault. I made assumptions. Please let her know I would like to talk some time."

She fell silent and smiled shyly as she realized she had been rambling nervously.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Bill listened as Arabella made her case heard, that she would not feed publicly. But yet he could sense that something was not right with either of them. Perhaps it was the fact that he was on edge due to the situation.

"Arabella, you seem like an understanding girl. That I do not doubt, but as for Jessica. She is free to do as she wishes. I will not control her under these circumstances. But I shall pass the message on to her and what she does is up to her sweetheart" he smirked.

It seemed that Bill had some digging of his own to do, he did not trust Quinn, although he never truly did. But things had changed, but first he needed to get in touch with Jessica.

"Now I hate to be rude but I have a conference to prepare for tomorrow, and I do not wish to disturb the rest of your evening" he smiled politely as he stood from his chair.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm