All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Happy Birthday Sookie

Bill Compton
King
King

Sexual Happy Birthday Sookie

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Bill knew that there was something that he was forgetting, it had completely slipped his mind. He had been so preoccupied with everything else around him that he had forgotten. Sookie's birthday. Although it was not something that he had been accustomed in celebrating, she had been a big part of his life and since they were still not on proper speaking terms he wanted to rectify that. He had excused himself from Kiara's side whilst she worked in her office as he had one of his guards pick up an order that he had chosen himself. Something simple, knowing that Sookie was not one for extravagant gifts.

Placing the small wrapped gift in his pocket as he told his guards to remain station at their posts as he crossed the lawn to pass through the cemetery that parted their lands. He knew that he was a day late, but he remembered. He only hoped that she would accept his gift and that they would be friends once again.

Sookie Stackhouse

Sexual Re: Happy Birthday Sookie

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

She and Alcide had spent most of her birthday together; he had taken her out for dinner, and they had curled up on the couch to watch movies. She wasn't one for big parties, or extravagance, so the simple night in had been much appreciated and very much perfect.

While Alcide showered, she grabbed up some flowers she had picked up earlier in the day when they had gone out for lunch and headed out the door, across the yard and towards the cemetery. She was going to put them on her Gran's grave, like she normally did once a week. She missed her so bad, and her Grandaddy Earl, too. It wasn't the same without them.

The night air was chilly, and she was dressed in a pair of sweat pants and one of Alcide's sweat-shirts with a pair of tennis shoes, which kept her insulated from the cold. It didn't take her long to get to her Gran's grave and she stared at it longingly. "Hey, Gran."

Bill Compton
King
King

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Bill continued on his travels through the cemetery as he remembered many nights walking through here to visit Sookie at home whilst they were together. Passing the spot by his own grave where she had come to visit him grave when she believed him to be dead after he had left with Malcolm and Diane. But he had taken refuge in the ground whilst they fed and fucked their way through the new donor that they had found.

"Hey, Gran."

He heard her voice, she was here. As he edged closer he could see Sookie standing by the graveside of her Grams. Adele Stackhouse, one of the first humans who did not judge him for what he was, but admired him for his bravery in the war. Slowly he approached Sookie, twigs crunching beneath his feet to let her know that someone was there.

"She was one the world's kindest souls" he told her catching her attention.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 pm

She jerked around, her heart pounding a mile a minute as she saw who it was. She let out a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding and offered him a small, if not quite heartfelt, smile.

"Oh, hey Bill. I was just.... ya know, talking to Gran," she said quietly before turning back to the grave and rearranging the flowers. Wasn't this awkward? It felt weird to feel that way around him, but she did. Especially now that she was with Alcide. Her relationship with Bill had been very intense, and he had been the first of many things in her life. Her hand went to hear hair and she brushed a wayward strand behind her ear before turning back to him and fidgeting with the sleeve of her sweat-shirt. "How are you?"

Bill Compton
King
King

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:38 pm

"No need to explain...I found myself coming here many nights to talk with Caroline" he told her recalling his past nights.

He leaned down to a patch of wild flowers and picked out the largest one from the bunch as he walked over to Adele's graveside and placed the single flower on top of her gravestone. He turned to face Sookie and could see uneasiness in her eyes, truth be told it was the same for him. No matter what happened between them, a part of him would always love her.

"I am well...I have seen better nights. How are you? Your brother Jason?" he questioned her.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:49 pm

She watched him put the rose on top of the gravestone and felt her heart ache. Gran had loved Bill so much, and had wanted them to be happy together. Had really always wanted any of her friends and loved ones to be happy.

"I'm doing okay. Jason's okay, though I don't see him much," she said as she let her eyes drift across the cemetery. "How have you been? Things going... okay?"

Bill Compton
King
King

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 pm

"Things have been...difficult the last few months. Trying to get back to the old me as Jessica likes to call it. Relationships between Louisiana and Texas are very strained at the moment, war has started. Jessica and Brianna are coping...Kiara and I, well we are...engaged" he ended abruptly.

He cursed himself silently for mentioning that, he knew it was a sore subject that was still between them. Especially when once upon a time it would have been he and Sookie that were due to be married.

"How are things at the bar? Arlene? I was sorry to hear about Terry" he whispered softly.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:00 pm

At one point, in the past, her heart would have been broken to hear the words he said. But now, now that she had Alcide, they made her... happy? She smiled up at him and stood walking over to where he stood and tentatively putting a hand out and laying it on top of his.

"I'm happy for you, Bill. Truly. Kiara is... she's really good for you."

She gave his hand a squeeze, and left hers on top of it, before continuing. "Arlene seems to be okay. She's having it a bit rough, obviously, but she's managing. I miss Terry something terrible though. He was a very special man." Her voice got quiet and she coughed a bit to clear her throat.

Bill Compton
King
King

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:07 pm

"She really is...something" he beamed.

When she touched his hand, it felt comforting. It was something that he was once thrilled about, he needed to feel her touch. But even still now, a part of his still loved her.

"If there is anything that I can do..." he ended.

He could see that she was still clearly affected by his death, his hand reached up to cup her cheek as his thumb caressed cheek slowly.

"You were a good friend to him. I am sure he knew that Sookie. Never forget that" he whispered as he gazed down at her.

When he realized that he had overstepped his mark he retracted his hand and shoved it straight into his pocket to the small box as he pulled it out and held it in front of her.

"Happy birthday Sookie"

He knew that she was not the type of girl who loved expensive gifts, but he wanted to buy this for her.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 pm

She blushed slightly and took a step back before looking at the little box that he handed her. "You didn't have to get me anything, Bill. But... thank you." She opened it and her jaw went slack, tears prickling her eyes. She fought against them and smiled at him. "It's beautiful. Thank you, again."

She didn't know what to say. She just held the box in her hand and watched him, wondering what life could have been like. If he hadn't been kidnapped that night, things could have been so different. If she hadn't taken him to Fangtasia they'd be even more different. She let out a sigh.

"You ever wish you could go back and change something in the past? And wonder what life would be like if you did?"

Bill Compton
King
King

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 pm

"You ever wish you could go back and change something in the past? And wonder what life would be like if you did?"

That statement held so many answers that were running through his head, there was a lot of things that he would change.

"There is a lot of things I would change...But there is one thing that I would never change. And that was falling in love with you Sookie. That is one thing I would never ever want to change...But he way I had gone about it I would..." he answered.

But things had changed, they had both moved on. He could smell the wolf Alcide all over her and a part of him wanted to question her about it. But he did not want to anger her, not when they were on speaking terms.

"You should get inside...The temperature is dropping" he told her, feeling the weather change against his already cool flesh.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm

She shrugged and snuggled a bit closer into her sweatshirt while looking at him. "I'd change that, too. We never woulda gone to Fangtasia. And.... yeah." She shrugged her shoulders. "For what it's worth, I'm thankful that you were my first love. I mean, I got the love thing, the virginity thing, the vampire thing and the heartbreak thing all done with one person. Coulda been a lot worse, ya know?" She smiled at him to let him know she was saying it all in good spirits.

"But truth is, things have gone how they should. I finally met someone that is just... he's perfect. And I'm really, really happy. And I'm safe, which is something different. Not used to that whole not being with a vampire thing. It's different."

Bill Compton
King
King

Post by Bill Compton on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm

"I am glad that you have met someone....Safe" he assured her.

In the back of his mind he wanted to say something about the wolf, but right now was not the time to question her about being safe with a wolf. But it is what she wanted.

"I want you to know Sookie...I will always be there if you need me. You need to be protected and I am not sure Alcide is the one to do it...But I will always protect you. No matter what" he told her.

And it was true, with everything that had happened between them he would stand by that promise.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm

She shrugged her shoulders. "I feel safer with him than I have ever felt with anyone," she said quietly.

Sookie?!

She turned towards the sound and grinned. "Sorry, I gotta get back. I didn't tell him I was coming out here, and he tends to worry about me." She took a step forward, intending to wrap her arms around him and give him a quick hug, but she thought against it and instead put her hand on his and gave it a squeeze.

"Don't be a stranger, Bill. You still have my number. Give Kiara my best."

She turned on her heel and called out to Alcide, running as fast as she could into the arms of him, her wolf. Her safe haven.

But in the back of her mind, she still wondered.... what if?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:52 pm