For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Hello, Stranger

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Hello, Stranger Empty Hello, Stranger

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:58 pm

She listened and remembered everything that Kiara had told her. The tips, the advice she had. All of it. And man was she right about the gym in the basement. It was humongous, spacey and the latest gym equipment. She woke and kissed James, telling him she would be down stairs doing some things and wished to not be disturbed. As curious as he was, he didn't ask and said he'd be in the garden if she needed him. It took a lot to pull herself away from him, but she did.

Since then, she had been lifting weights like Kiara recommended. She laid on her back on the bench, lifting the long bar up and down. She used all her might to lift it and bring it down. After 75 reps of that, she set it down and sat up. This was a lot of work, but she needed to be prepared.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Hello, Stranger Empty Re: Hello, Stranger

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:03 pm

After his argument with Brianna, Bill needed to clear his mind. He needed to find a place of peace and quiet where he would not be disturbed. Locking up everything that needed to be secured he bypassed his own guards taking another slip entrance through to the lounge area where he slid into a secret passage that led straight to an underground safe house. As he passed down the short hallway passed the newly fitted gym that Kiara had asked for he heard the clangs of metal and assumed that Kiara was working out.

As he entered the combination code and entered he was surprised to find Jessica working out. Closing the door behind him loudly as he folded his arms across his broad chest and smirked.

"I'm impressed Jessica, but I know that you can do more than that" he smirked casually.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm

She heard his voice and placed the weights down, quickly sitting up on the bench and looking up to see Bill. Well, there was a face she hadn't seen in a while. She stood to make sure she was seeing him right and scoffed. "Yeah, I'm sure I can. I'm working myself up to more." She was a bit cold, or maybe it was just how she sounded...she was still upset with him that he had been so busy he didn't come to talk to her. And now, it appeared as if he just stumbled upon her and not came to her himself.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Bill could sense the anger deep within her, her frustration rolling off her in thick waves directed right at him. He could not blame her at all, he had been so focused on this war with Texas and now everything with Quinn had blown up in his face and left him even more frustrated with himself over the whole thing.

"I should apologize...I have not been myself these last few weeks. I know that it does not explain my absence in your life and for that I am truly sorry Jessica. All I can do is ask for your forgiveness?" he pleaded with her, the softness in his voice relaying to her his sincere apologies.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:25 pm

She looked away from him and began to place more weight on the bar at each end until it was at a total of 150 pounds, which was more than even she weighed. She listened as he spoke and knew it wasn't entirely his fault and she couldn't blame him, but she did miss him. A lot.

"I know. I mean, I know you've been dealing with a lot and I am no help with being angry with you. I guess I just miss you is all. I miss seeing you happy and it seems like the minute any of us are....something happens." She looked up at him with a small smile before lying back down on the bench and lifting the heavier bar. It even shocked her at how easily it came. It was working...Kiara was right!
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:28 pm

"The joys of being vampires sweetheart. Although some of us did not want this life, we live with what we get" he smirked a little more calmly.

He slowly approached Jessica as she began lifting the weight bar as he glanced to see what she was weighing - 150 pounds. He could not help be impressed by her actions.

"I was not aware you knew of this place?" he quizzed her curiously.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:31 pm

She blew out a breath and pushed up hard, using all her might but determined to make it easy so she could increase to 175. She looked at him and continued to lift, counting in her head.

"I got a tip."

She wasn't going to tell him it was Kiara, because their training was to remain secret. So, she'd just be vague. Yes, vague was better. Thankfully reaching 75, she put the bar up and sat up again, turning her head to look at him.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

"Well a very wise tip" he smirked approvingly.

He has his suspicions on whom it may be, but did not voice them as he continued to watch Jessica through her training.

"Another little tip, spread your hands, get an even weight. Will make it a lot easier when you increase the weight" he suggested.

The many nights when he would spend in a gym working out his frustrations, to release himself of his anger.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

She heard his suggestion and was curious. Laying back down, she spread her hands on the bar and picked it up, finding it easier to maneuver. She smiled and was able to go to 100 before she had to put it down and take a break. Her strength was increasing.

She sat up and smiled, looking over at him. "Thanks, Bill. You were right. Does help a lot." She stood and moved over to him to hug him tightly. "I'm sorry I was a brat. I just want you to know I'll be behind you in this war or whatever it is."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Bill grinned at her thanks and responded to her embrace as he held her close to him and rested his chin on the top of her head as her body relaxed against his own.

"Hopefully you will not have to fight, but if you do. I know I will have a great fighter on my side. But let's hope that it does not come to it" he prayed silently to himself.

As he pulled back to gaze down at her he could not help but smirk proudly at her, how far she had come.

"There is something I must ask of you. A favour" he requested.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:50 pm

She pulled back slightly to look at him in wonder. "A favor?" Bill needed a favor...from her. He never asked her for favors, ever. He seemed to proud to do that. Her curiosity won her over and she smiled bigger. "Sure, what favor?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 am

Bill hoped that maybe Jessica would have more luck with Brianna than what he was having, and after what he had said earlier he hoped that a woman's touch may help.

"As from tonight Brianna shall be moving back into the mansion. Arabella shall be moving in also in two days. I-I said something to her that I did not mean. I need you to talk to her Jessica for me. Smooth things out" he requested of her.

He hoped that Jessica could work her magic and help him in this situation.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 am

Her eyes widened with the information he handed her. Brianna AND Arabella would be moving into the mansion. It as a spacey mansion, but that would definitely crowd things a bit. She rubbed at her forehead and tried to process this information. "Wow, I see. I...Arabella? AND Brianna? Bill, what happened? Is everything okay? Is Quinn...No, no don't answer that. It's none of my business." Whatever had happened between he and Brianna was not her business and she should stay out of it.

Looking back up at Bill, she sighed. "What exactly kind of damage control are we talking....Bill, what did you do?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

"For now the less you know the better sweetheart...But as of now the truce between Quinn and I is finished. Arabella chose the right side and will join us here until further notice" he smirked, knowing that it was her choice, but only because he had given it to her.

But he could not help but let the smile fall from his face as he heard Jessica question about what he had done. 

"I may have said some things that I did not mean...regarding I making her" he grimaced at the mere thought.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:08 am

Her eyes went really wide at that information. Quinn and Bill's truce was over. Did he know about Quinn and Brianna? Had to have been. But he had eventually came to terms with her relationship with him...so something else had to happen. If anyone would tell her it would be Brianna...hopefully.

She sighed, hearing his confession. "Oh Bill...you didn't?" Saw his face and closed her eyes. "You did..." She opened them and blew out a breath, "We all say things we don't mean when we're angry. If it helps, I'll talk to her...not sure if she'll listen to me...but I can try."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 am

"I was angry and reckless. I did not mean what I said. She is still young and does not understand our world. I very much doubt Quinn would have been very helpful in his teachings" he grumbled, knowing that perhaps Quinn teaching her was not a good idea.

Bill placed his hands on the tops of her shoulders and kissed her gently on her forehead.

"If you can get through to me in my darkness days when I was loosing my humanity...I know you can get through to Brianna. You are the only one that I can trust with this" he grinned knowingly.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:34 am

She had to agree with him there, he did have a tendency to fly off the handle and say some pretty outrageous things when he was upset. So she nodded and stood, as he placed his hands on her shoulders and kissed her forehead. "I know Bill...I'll talk to her, but just don't make me promise it'll work. You know how I was when I was her age...just give her some space and let me handle it. I'll talk to her, I promise." She smiled and hugged him, shaking her head.

"Bill, what am I going to do with you?" She asked playfully with a small giggle.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 am

"Perhaps give me a lesson in teenage girls? Questions, exams...maybe even a certificate?" he joked.

It was times like this with Jessica that he had missed the most.

"Maybe we should even go shopping? I hear that is what girls your age like? Or so I have read?" he suggested.

Shopping was not his thing, after his last experience with shopping for Jessica as he was suspected to be a gay vampire.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:45 am

She laughed and threw her head back as she did. Shaking her head, she playfully hit his arm. "Bill, as much as I care for you, I think you'd fail. But it's okay, you don't get us...that's just how it is...for most guys I guess." She smiled and shook her head no.

"Uh...not a good idea. I mean, unless we're shopping for cars or boats...you'd be bored out of your mind and wish you were dead...well, dead dead."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 am

"Cars? Well I may not be good at shopping for clothes. But cars I can do" he smirked "If you think that might work then shop away...take Brianna shopping, get her anything that she wants. Get anything that you want, a new car, a new phone" he offered.

If this is what helped Jessica with Brianna, he would pay anything. No matter the cost.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

She took his hands into hers as he was rambling and shook her head no. "No, Bill...spoiling her or buying her things won't help the situation. I'll talk to her and you just focus on giving her some space and dealing with Texas. Yes, I know about the war. You deal with that and I deal with her. I'll let you know when you should talk to her, but for now...just...don't."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:09 pm

"I need you to be careful Jessica. Trust no one. If things get bad as I suspect they could be. Louisiana may not be safe for us any more. There may be a chance that we may have to relocate if I fail" he sighed, part of him already admitting defeat.

He hated that he was burdening Jessica with all the details of a war that he had gotten himself involved in, one that he may loose.

"So whatever happens, you take Brianna and Kiara and you run with them. You hear me? Leave the US, go to England. King William will look after you. I need you to keep this between us Jessica. Not even Kiara can know, nor Brianna. I need you to give me your word Jessica" he requested of her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm

She wanted to argue and protest, but she couldn't. She could not show her fear or her anger at the fact of relocating. Instead, she nodded and would do as he requested. "You have...my word." Was all she could say in her state of shock. There had to be a victory for Louisiana, there just had to be. It was unlike her not to argue with him, but she knew he needed her to be strong, keep her emotions in check and do what needed to be done. And if it came to that and they had to go to England, then it would be what was done.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Bill had to repeat Jessica's words over and over in his head as he was even more shocked that she did not fight him on this. She did not argue about anything that he requested of her, to him that was a sign that she had grown up in these last few months.

"I should leave you to your training...Remember keep your hands apart using the weights...Use your shoulders for balance" he told her.

Smirking as he turned back to the entrance of the gym.

"My office door is always open Jessica. Never be afraid to use it" he assured Jessica before turning to take his leave.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:30 pm

All she could do was nod and smile, knowing she had thrown him for a loop with her lack of resistance. Why resist when there was no other option, it always paid off to have a plan. She sat back down on the bench and watched as he retreated out of the room. When he had left, she continued to smile and said out loud.

"I miss you Bill." Knowing his door was always open to her made her smile and made her night better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm