For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Second Chances

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Second Chances Empty Second Chances

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Arabella might have enjoyed her shower a bit much since Cassia had decided to join her, but it did help her relax. As they dried each other off, she kissed Cassia and smiled. Maybe living here would not be so bad. She needed to get things moving though, and she had promised Jonathan that she would deliver his letter to Brianna. She would keep her word. She got dressed casually and asked the guards which room was Brianna's. She walked to it, the letter tucked in her top, and quietly knocked on the door.

"Brianna, it's Arabella. We need to talk."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Second Chances Empty Re: Second Chances

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 am

Brianna had been sulking in her room since her last conversation with Bill. He had said some pretty hurtful things about not wanting to make her a vampire, that he was left with no choice. She had told Matthew that she wanted to be left alone and that she did not want anyone disturbing her, especially Bill. He could be left to stew for a while until she felt he was ready to even be forgiven or even talked to. She had spent so much time crying that no more tears would fall, she had heard nothing from Quinn. She did not even dare use her cell to call him because she did not know if Bill put some tracking device thing on it.

She swiftly turned when her bedroom door opened as she grumbled "So much for not letting anyone in Matthew....Arabella!" she cried when she saw who it was and darted from the bed and wrapped her arms around her neck "What are you doing here? Is Quinn here? Is he okay? What about Cassia?" the words leaked from her mouth before she could stop herself as she dropped her arms from Arabella's neck "What's going on?!" she cried again.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:50 am

"A lot has happened very fast, Brianna. First off, he is fine, as far as I know, and wanted me to give you this."

She handed Brianna the envelope from Jonathan and stepped back so it could be read privately. She wrapped her arms around herself and spoke softly.

"Cassia and I are living here now. Did the twins get here OK? I sent them with one of the guards to be dropped off here. His Majesty gave me a hard choice to make and I made it, though at the time I had no idea of the price."

She fell silent as she watched Brianna read Jonathan's message.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 am

"Yeah they are fine, they are in the room down the hall. I will drink bottled blood for now until they get settled in" she assured Arabella.

Accepting the letter from Arabella as she turned from her dropped the envelope onto her bed as she read his note.

Second Chances Toasti10

That note alone was enough to bring about her tears once again as she turned to Arabella as she heard that she and Cassia would now be living here...not with Quinn.

"What? You chose Bill over Quinn? The man you claim to be your father? You left him alone because of Bill!" she questioned Arabella, not caring if she was not controlling her emotions.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 am

"It was for the best, and the only way I could keep you safe and continue to train you. I was given a choice to make on the spot and it seems that it was the right one."

She walked over to look at a picture on the wall, turning from Brianna.

"He released me, Brianna. He just released me and said that 'now no one can control you." and left it at that. Oh my god, Brianna, the feeling when he did it...it was beyond physical pain. I can still feel the hollowness that it left."

She turned back to Brianna and tried to smile.

"At least this way, I can keep you safe and keep in touch."

She reached in her bag, setting a small package on the bed, motioning for Brianna not to say anything about it. She pantomimed calling someone and looked at the package. When she saw that Brianna got it, she smiled and walked away from the bed. She looked at Brianna and tapped her ear, smiling.

"Jonathan has always been very complex, and you already learned, living with him can be a bit confusing at times. Here we will have stability at least, and safety. I appreciate the King allowing me to continue your training. That is actually what I came here to talk about. We should set up a normal time to meet. They staff should have the training area to my specs within a few days and we can resume at that time."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:51 am

Brianna couldn't believe that she was hearing this? Arabella had chosen Bill over Quinn just like that, and Quinn was hurt so he released her. He probably wasn't in his right mind when he released her, everyone had left him alone. Glancing at the small package on the bed as she looked at it curiously but said nothing about it.

"Wait? You want to still continue training me? Do you really think that I want to continue training after what Bill did to me? He took me away from the one place I called home, I did not want to leave...But you...You had a choice, you could have said no...but you didn't" she barked.

Emotions on the loose - check, angry at Bill - check...beyond pissed at Arabella - double check.

"Do you think that I am going to do all of this to please Bill? I don't think so. Bill can roll over and die for all I care....And if you even think about slapping me....don't...Unless you want to go through the window!" she snapped.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 am

It was Arabella's turn to be confused now.

"Slap you? Why on earth would I do that? You are not making sense, Brianna."

She paused for a moment, thinking carefully. Was this just an act or was she genuinely upset. Did she realize the risk Arabella was taking giving her that burn phone? It was just sitting on the bed now, waiting to be found. She though carefully before speaking again, and when she did, it was in soft, measured tones.

"Brianna. Do not do it for him. Do it for yourself. I don't know what has gone on between you and the King, but you are obviously upset about something. Make your training your own task. To the blazes with his wishes. I am willing to train you in whatever ways you want to be trained. This can be easy or hard, but make it about your choice, not his. You seem to want control, then take it. Make the choice to take advantage of what I can teach you and be stronger for it."

She walked over, turning on the radio and turning it up, then walked over, leaning close to Brianna's ear and whispered to her.

"With enough progress, I can move you on to 'social settings' where we might bump into an old friend."

She walked over, turning the music down but left it playing.

"It is your choice, Brianna. I am willing to train you, and your sister as well if she wants it, but that choice is yours. I am not going to push you into it. I only ask that you look at the advantages before dismissing my offer."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:08 am

'Social settings' Brianna was not in her right mind to think about anything right now other than doing anything to disobey Bill is every way possible.

"Fine. You want to train me? And it's my choice? I want to learn how to kill! I can defend myself, no egg sessions, no seeing how fast I can run. I want to learn how to kill a vampire!" she ordered.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 am

Arabella smiled at the spirit she was showing.

"Done. We will begin as soon as the training room is ready. We will need to change your focus to evasion rather than escape. The first rule is once again, no emotions. You have to be patient and careful. Wait for your perfect timing and then move without hesitation. We will begin that branch of your training in two days. Take tonight off, I need to get my things where I want them, and then tomorrow I will have a task for you. Make sure you feed well because you will need your strength."

She smiled at the strength her young student was showing, but also knew this new attitude could be dangerous. She would have to be careful.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:20 am

"Fine. We will do what you want to help you appease my Maker. I will do what you want me to do in training. But let me get one thing straight Arabella...Outside of training do not speak to me, do not approach me...I want you no where near me, Cassia I have no problem with. She does what you tell her to do, but you I want nothing to do with you outside of training. You got that? You might want to please your new boss but I couldn't care less" she smirked as her arms folded across her chest.

If Bill wanted to use his status over her, then she was going to give him hell for it.

"So if you want me? You go to Matthew...You don't deserve any of my respect after what you have done. You may have lost whatever loyalty you have to your father, but I know where my loyalty lies and that is with Quinn. I will get Bill to release me and when he does you can do whatever the hell you want. Okay?" as she turned swiftly from Arabella to stand by her window.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:25 am

"Brianna, you don't understand. I did not ask for my release from Jonathan. He made that choice and gave me no warning. What I have done is the best I could do with the choice I was given. Would you rather I abandon you to your gilded cage? Would you rather I throw away a chance to have someone I would call friend? I will do as you ask, but please be ready tomorrow night."

She walked up behind her and whispered in her ear.
    "The phone on your bed cannot be traced. His number is already in it. Hide it well."

She walked back to the doorway.

"I will send Mathew for you tomorrow night about an hour after sunset. He will have your instructions."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 am

That's what was inside the package? A phone? With his number in it? Bill would never find out about this, she knew a few places that Bill would never even think to look and she would make sure that no one except from her knew about it.

She wanted to be alone before she sent a message to Quinn, she did not want Bill over hearing her conversation. That would only cause more problems.

"Arabella......" she ended quickly. She wanted to say thank you, but she did not want to forgive her that easily for what she did to Quinn ".....See you tomorrow" she smiled a little softer.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 am

Arabella noticed the change and smiled. She nodded and drew herself up tighter.

"Until tomorrow then, Brianna. Be ready for anything."

She pasted a look of annoyance on her face and walked from the room, her mind spinning on what she had just pulled off.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 am

Brianna waited until Arabella had left her bedroom as she quickly darted to the bed and unwrapped the package and found the phone that Arabella spoke off. Turning it on as she found only one contact in the list and quickly began typing a message to Quinn;

'I love you Quinn. We will be together very soon -  B x'

Hitting send as she quickly turned off the phone and hid it somewhere only she would find. She would be with Quinn.

No matter what.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 pm