For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

unexpected meeting

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

unexpected meeting Empty unexpected meeting

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am

Arabella was a bit proud of being able to calm Brianna so quickly. She smiled as she walked down the hallway to check on the twins. Making certain they were doing alright, she began making her was back to what would be her own rooms. She was impressed with the decor of the Estate but still felt a little shattered after the last few days events. A quiet night with Cassia would be sure to make her feel better. Tomorrow was early enough to set things in motion to train Brianna as she wished to be trained. This was not going to be easy.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

unexpected meeting Empty Re: unexpected meeting

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:15 am

Kiara felt trapped, and restless. Bill had made it clear she was to stay out of his way which was fine by her. It just sucked that she had to head down if she wanted to eat as the servants were busy tending to some new arrivals.

In her cut off jean shorts and a tank top she made her way barefoot to the kitchen. Eventually she'd just get herself a hot plate and a mini fridge so she could seclude herself in her office like Bill was in his.

With the earbud in her ear rattling off information she needed to know she sort of tuned out the world.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:20 am

She paused a minute outside the rooms, and decided to do something special. Cassia was always talking about chocolate covered strawberries, but they had never gotten around to getting any. She turned and almost bumped into the guard following her. She glared at him flatly.

"First, back off. I know you have to follow, but I already have one shadow. Second, turn your ass around and show me to the kitchens. I am going to get something to bring back to the rooms for my donor."

The guard nodded, backing up a few steps and then turned, motioning for her to follow. She was amused to notice that the cameras were following her. She laughed a bit about how overprotective this all seemed.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am

Kiara rummaged through the fridge. She already pulled out a tray of fruit, some tupperware with leftover dirty rice and sausage. She fished out some left over cheesecake and some home made strawberry syrup.

"my kingdom for some barbecue" she muttered as she kept digging around, feeling peckish. If Bill was going to be difficult she might as well use his money to stuff her face.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:28 am

As they arrived at the kitchens, the guard stepped aside. She walked in to see someone rummaging in the fridge. Must be the cook. That was a stroke of luck. She knocked on the fridge door and spoke softly.

"You must be Tia. I would like some chocolate dipped strawberries for my donor, Cassia. Do you know how long it would take for that?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 am

Kiara lifted her head. She looked at the woman who smelled of vampire. Who was this? Was this Arabella who was supposed to tutor Brianna?

"I'm sorry...I'm not Tia... but I can make you the strawberries" she said, having nothing better to do as she rummaged for some chocolate to melt.

"It may take 10 minutes or so give or take"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 am

Arabella froze as she realized her mistake. This was the wolf-girl that Jonathan had told her about, the King's consort. She remembered her from the foyer when Jonathan had shown up. She paused as the woman spoke, then spoke softly again.

"My appoligies, Miss. I was told that a "Tia" ran the kitchens here and so when I saw you in the....never mind. I would very much appreciate it if you could make them. I am sorry about not knowing who you are. My name is Arabella Elisa Trillo, but you may call me 'Ari'. I am Miss Brianna's docente (tutor)"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 am

Kiara chuckled "No need to apologize... most everyone knows here that I tend to do things a bit differently...even Tia" she said as she set up the double boiler to melt the chocolate.

"So you're Arabella? I had heard you would be arriving soon" she said casually as she began to de-stem the strawberries.

"I hope you find your stay here pleasant"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 am

She smiled at the warm greeting, which was far more than she had expected from this woman. After all, she was Jonathan's daughter, no matter if he released her. She would always see herself as such now. She knew this woman and Jonathan has history. At least it was not being held against her.

"Thank you. Everyone has been very accommodating, though the security detail is taking some getting used to."

She glared at her guard, making him take a step back. She laughed softly.

"But they are so skittish."

She watched as the woman warmed the chocolate and prepared the fruit. This woman was so different from what Jonathan had described to her. She was kind, and gentle, even soft spoken. She watched her in silence, letting the time pass.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:55 am

She chuckled. "Yeah...sorry about that. They're more frightened of Bill's temper than they are of us telling them to back off" she said as she set several strawberries on a plate and stirred the chocolate once more before she began to dip the fruit.

After a few moments of silence that she spent dipping the fruit in chocolate and placing it on the plate she turned to Arabella.

"If they bother you too much let me know. I've managed to frighten my guards enough that they stay out of sight...." she put on a pensive look "Something about being castrated by hand made them back away quickly"

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:59 am

Arabella smiled and laughed softly.

"I'll have to remember that."

She turned, dropping her fangs and flashing the guard a smile. The color drained from his face and he stepped around the corner, out of sight. She laughed again, turning back to the woman that was being so nice to her.

"I was not sure how warm my reception here would be, considering..."

She looked down briefly, not sure if she wanted to break the spell by mentioning him. The void still hurt, and she did not want to cry again.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Kiara chuckled. "Considering......you were with Quinn?" she asked, trying to finish her sentence.

She set up the now finished strawberries on another plate and set them on the counter. "Don't worry about that sweetie. Bill may have his issues with Quinn but he mostly takes out his anger on me. Anyone else is relatively free of his moods"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:10 pm

If she could have blushed, she knew her face would have been flaming. She though that...oh my god...no...not that it would have been something she objected to when they were first together, but now it would be like sleeping with her brother.

"Gods, nothing like that. I was closer to his daughter than anything like that. It is a long story but to give you the short version, he kind of adopted my when my maker died. Then a lot happened and now I am living here. Nothing like that happened, I swear."

She felt herself tensing up, her nervousness creeping into her face.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:15 pm

She chuckled. "I didn't it mean it like that sweetie" she said as she handed her the plate of strawberries.

"I hope your donor likes them. I'll let Tia know to keep some in stock" she added as she went back to opening the large double door fridge to scrounge up some more food.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Taking the plate, she smiled.

"Thank you, Miss. I enjoyed talking with you. You are a lot different than I expected from Jonathan's description. I am sorry, I do not know what to call you other than Miss. I am unsure of the protocol for this kind of situation."

She looked down at the plate, imaging feeding them to Cassia one by one. She grinned and looked back up.

"Perhaps we can talk again soon? For all the people around here, it seems like kind of a lonely place to be."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 pm

She could only imagine the things Quinn had said. "Just call me Kiara... I have no title in this mansion to speak of so my first name is fine" she said.

"And I would suggest believing anything Quinn has told you about me... surely it is true and I'm sure he's softened up a few of the worse things...as I am much more of a monster than people see"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 pm

She smiled and shook her head, careful not to tip the plate too much.

"No, I think he may have still been nursing old wounds, imagined or not. You are far too nice to be even close to the person he described as.....Never mind. I don't believe it. You are nice, and seem to know who and what you are. You even seem to get past the fact that I am a vampire without making a big show of it. I appreciate that more than you can know."

She looked down at the plate and smiled.

"I better get these up to the room, I imagine Cassia is wondering where I've wandered off to."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

She chuckled. "no need to judge something you cannot help being" she said as she grinned and pulled out a bowl filled with pulled pork.

"bingo" she whispered before nodding to Arabella.

"Let me know if your donor wants any more"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Arabella smiled and nodded before turning to the door.

"Hey, 'chuckles', lead the way. I am ready to go back to my rooms."

Her guard moved up the hallway quickly, glancing behind him to make sure she was following. Right before she walked out of the room, she turned to Kiara and smiled.

"Kiara, thanks for being so nice."

With that, she followed the guard back to her rooms. She had a night of simple pleasures planned and it was time she got started.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:09 pm