For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Private Words

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Private Words - Page 2 Empty Re: Private Words

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:18 am

Arabella had expected this topic and was prepared for it.

"Of course, your Majesty, and your precaution is quiet understandable. Perhaps something a bit simpler? Something closer to home and more familiar. If I may speak candidly...I cannot remember the name of it, but there is a little bar here in town. It would not hurt for her to socialize with someone who doesn't bow every other word. Perhaps something that close to home with appropriate security measures taken?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 am

Bill pondered Arabella's request for a moment, he had spoken with Willa Burrell about planning to make a visit to the bar once it had opened. There would be no disturbances that he would need to act on and he knew how much Jessica and Brianna hated being cooped up inside the mansion all the time. They were still young and needed to live, but with extra caution.

"Very well...Fangtasia is not open to the public for a little while. Take her there if you must, but I want her home for 3 am and not a second later. I want you to report on how the progress is looking for Fangtasia, perhaps even have some time to yourself if you wish. I am sure that your donor would also appreciate a night off...But I want Matthew with Brianna at all times, he does his job well enough and I trust him with Brianna's life" he assured Arabella "Let the guards know when you wish to leave and take the Wrangler, it is fitted for every purpose" he ordered.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:31 am

She almost choked when he mentioned trusting Mathew but bit back her words. She would not judge. After all, there was not a formal bonding between Brianna and Jonathan. Who was to say that she did not have his consent? She had judged the scene in a moment without thinking first...the very thing she had taught Brianna not to do...

"Understood, your Majesty. You will receive a full report on the progress at the bar upon our return...and we will be back before 2 am, just to be safe. Thank you for allowing this, and for your understanding."

She paused before leaving, wondering if she should say something.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 am

"I shall leave that up to you to decide. I trust that Brianna's safety is being catered for in your hands very well Arabella" he smirked pleasantly.

When the room grew silent as he expected Arabella to say something else, he could sense that there was something else that she wanted to say.

"Is that all? Unless there is something else you would like to discuss?" he questioned.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am

Arabella had to think fast and Brianna's sister was the first thing to pop into her mind.

"Nothing really, your Majesty. I was just a little vexed. Your other progeny never responded to my request for a meeting. I am sure she and her boyfriend are simply busy. I trust that it is simply an oversight. I do not wish to delay you further, your Majesty. I know you have a very busy time of things now. Please extend my best to your lady, Kiara, when you see her...and tell her Cassia sends a thank you for the strawberries."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 am

"Yes I see, well she has declined the offer for your training as she has her own teacher" he smiled politely as no doubt Kiara had gone against his wishes and decided to train Jessica herself, but Arabella did not need to know that "And yes, hard times will soon come upon us and some tough decisions will have to be made. But pleasant extend my sincere apologies to Cassia for being a lack of welcoming host" he requested of Arabella.

He did not mention Kiara as he was still not on full speaking terms with her right at this moment but hopefully soon he would rectify that.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:46 am

"I will extend your best wishes to her, your Majesty. If I might ask one more thing. When you asked me to make my choice, you mentioned other opportunities that might come up once I was here. Would now be a good time to discuss them? I am always glad to be of service to my King."

She hoped he would dismiss her out of hand. She had not meant to bring Jessica into it but thankfully her dodge had worked.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 am

Arabella's request had slipped his mind, what he had told her when he had given her the choice it had slipped out of his mind as he was to pre-occupied with other matters.

"Yes....Well as of right now it would be best for another time. Perhaps once I see your report from Fangtasia we can discuss a more suitable role for you here. Consider it a test, if I am truly satisfied with your findings then we can discuss something a little more....advanced shall we say. But for now there is nothing that you can do. But do not worry I shall make use of your....talents" he smirked "Now forgive me if I seem rude but I have a mount of paperwork to get through by this evening and a meeting with another regent to attend to" he lied.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:57 am

"Of course, your Majesty. I am sorry for taking to much of your time. If you happen to speak to Queen Constance of Italy, please do give her my best. I miss the villa sometimes but at the time, I was not fond of court politics."

She smiled and walked to the door.

"As always, I am at your service, your Majesty. I will inform Brianna of the plans for the visit immediately. I am certain she will be thrilled to hear it. I will have you notified when our timetable is in place and we will be in constant contact."

She opened the door and nodded to the guard outside who stepped out of her way as she left the office to find Brianna.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:01 am

"I shall. Thank you Arabella" he returned her smile.

Waiting until she was out of the door as he sunk into his chair, he had never considered Italy a possibility knowing that the Queen liked to keep to herself.

But right now Bill would try anything to win this war.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm