For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

The video

King William
    King William

The video Empty The video

Post by King William Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 am

William smirked as he placed the usb drive in an envelope for Crispin to deliver to the Compton mansion. It had been quite amusing to watch Compton's guards look for Miss Griffen.

Now that he had time to speak with her he was even more convinced that Compton was a pillock, Miss Griffen was the world's biggest fool and that he was already tired of being in America.

He finished writing the note, placed it in the envelope along with the usb drive and handed both things to Crispin.

In the note it read:

You might want to watch this. You've made a good choice in abandoning her. No worthy vampire would ever consort with a wolf

~~~~~~~~~~~~The Video~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The video showed Kiara half sitting on her bed. Half of her face was clearly bruised. Her eye was open now but it was clearly obvious that it was far from fully healed. There was a central IV line going into the crook of her elbow with a large IV bag on a pole beside the bed. Her other arm was gently resting on her stomach, her wrist on a brace. The rest of her was tucked beneath the covers. Her skin, aside from the bruises looked pale and even her face looked a bit sunken in as if she hadn’t eaten in quite some time.

The room was dimly lit bit with enough light to illuminate her. The voice outside of the camera’s range was tinged with a british accent. Refined and a tone that bled power.

“Help me understand” he said as he paced just outside the camera’s range. “Even after all of this...what do you believe he will do?”

Kiara blinked slowly and when she spoke her voice was soft and weak. “this war… it gives him the perfect chance to finally be rid of me… I believe he’s finally tired of…of dealing with me”

William quirked a brow. “So you believe he no longer cares” he said as a statement.

Kiara smiled. “I think.. he’s tired of pretending… of pretending I matter… of pretending I’m somehow his equal” she said, but her voice didn’t have one hint of anger or sadness.

“So you’re alright with him abandoning you?”

She chuckled weakly. “I don’t think I’m ok with it… but I won’t force him to love me… I can’t force my company on him, I can’t force his affections”

William sighed “He sounds like a cock… even for a vampire. Stringing you along just to dump you”

She smiled “I want to believe there was some love in the beginning… but after all we’ve been through…after all I’ve put him through, he deserves better”

William snorted “He’s a vampire… he’d shag anyone who offered it”

“Then I hope he is happy with whoever he chooses”

“What about yourself?”

Kiara blinked, frowning. “What about me?”

“Well… you clearly still have feelings for him. Are you really alright with him abandoning you after all of the damage you’ve taken?”

She nodded “I will always love him… and I’ve already forgiven him for letting me go”

William finally stepped into view of the camera and sat down at the edge of the bed, his face close to hers.

“You know…I could make you forget. Make you forget anything to do with vampires and give you back your life” he said as he reached for a lock of her hair.

She shook her head, tilting it to keep her hair out of his reach. “No… I…I’m afraid to forget…” she said, her voice raspy and weak.

Her quirked a brow, dropping his hand from reaching. “Afraid? You know I would never hurt you” he said in a reassuring tone.

Again she shook her head. “No….I’m afraid…if I forget…” she began as she turned her head to face him. “..If I forget….I’m afraid…I’ll fall for him again” she said, her voice shaky with emotion.

William looked at her with an incredulous look. “For Compton? After he abandoned you to that monster?” he asked, unable to process why she would go back to him.

Kiara nodded. “I’m…..I’m a fool when it comes to him”

He nodded, not about to argue with that. “So even now…now that I’ve told you he’s safe in his mansion, rodgering some other woman, you would still be loyal to him?”

She nodded. “I’m sure…right now he thinks I’m being unfaithful… he probably thinks I’d leap into the bed of anyone who offers”

William nodded as if now understanding. “Ahh…so Compton doesn’t trust you” he said with a nod.

Kiara smiled and shrugged a bit “I’m a wolf…. Like you’ve said countless times…I am inferior to vampires. Bill has… no real reason to trust me”

William got up and walked away from her bed, again disappearing from the camera’s view. “A pity… I would treasure such loyalty, even from a wolf”