For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Back in business.

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Back in business.  Empty Back in business.

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Jeez, Sam. You really need to start paying better attention to the schedule.

-she turned to gaze at Sookie and Holly who stood behind her and shook her head. It wasn't busy, not at lunch on a Saturday. At least not right now. Sure they had some folks, but three waitresses? No reason to have 'em.-

Alright. Sookie, you take the bar. Holly, I know you got the boys and have some stuff goin' on with Andy, so you can head out if you want and come back in tonight, if you ain't busy?

-Holly shook her head and stated that her and Andy actually had made plans for today, but she had had to cancel. So it wouldn't be a big deal if she left for a bit. Holly grabbed her stuff and headed out the door, leaving Sookie and Arlene standing there.-

I'll go get some shakers filled, try and keep busy -Sookie said before turning and heading into the bar. Arlene shook her head and let out a chuckle before following.-

-there weren't much to do. Jane was there, but she was at the bar so that left her out. A couple folks that worked for the county sat at a table and she headed over to their table to take their order.-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Back in business.  Empty Re: Back in business.

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:44 pm

He hung up with one of the vendors out of Monroe that he dealt with and sighed. They were going up on prices since all the vampire crap going on, it was apparently affecting their workers. He blew out a breath and stalked out his office towards the bar for a beer. He was frustrated to the max and it seemed like the supernatural community was slowly falling apart at the seams.

-God damn it.- He mumbled under his breath as he passed Arlene, still deep in his own thoughts.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Don't you be bringing the Lord into this, Sam Merlotte. What's got you actin' like an upset Tom cat?

-she walked over beside him and grabbed a stool, sitting on it while he went behind the bar. Sookie was in the back, apparently taking a call from Alcide on her cell and taking a break at the same time.-

What's goin' on, Sam? You don't seem yourself lately. Somethin' goin' on with your girl?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:56 pm

He heard Arlene and looked up, not realizing he said anything outloud. -Arlene, hey...sorry about that. Just having a bad day.- He grabbed a beer from the cooler and popped the top, taking a greedy drink of it. -Naw I'm fine, she's fine. We're...fine.- He moved to the other end of the bar and threw empty bottles next to half asleep Jane away, cursing a bit.

-Needs some kind of AA help or something. Ridiculous.- He muttered and shook his head. God Bless Jane, but she just wasted her life here and poured money into his bar. That was always good, but being obnoxious here every day was not.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:07 pm

-she raised a brow and got off of the stool, moving over to where he was-

Sam. I didn't fall off the turnip truck last night. I know that somethin' ain't right and you're gonna tell me what it is or so help me....

-she looked at him and made sure that their eyes met-

I ain't a fool. You talk to me.

-she used what Coby and Lisa referred to as her mama voice and stared him down-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:12 pm

He sighed and saw her face. She meant business and she wasn't letting up on it. -There was another vampire attack out on Hwy 88 last night. Savage too. The reports all mention these marks on them, some kind of new breed maybe. I don't know Arlene, something just ain't right. I can feel it. The bars sufferin', Nicole too. I can barely spread my time evenly for both and everything...everything is just all screwed up.-

He took another swig of beer and sighed hard, leaning against the back counter next to the till. -Maybe Alcide was right, maybe I'll just take the offer.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:17 pm

-her brows raised as he talked about what all had been going on. She had heard that something was up with the vampers, but what, she wasn't sure. And what did he mean about the offer?-

What offer? Sam, are you....

-she shook her head. He wouldn't sell the bar.... would he?-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:27 pm

He set his beer down and looked over at her. -There is an offer on the table to sell the bar. I just haven't responded. They are offering a pretty penny. I've been talking to the mayor about the supernatural community, he knows about it. I promised him I would figure something out about these vampires but its proving to be harder than I thought. Maybe it'd be easier to just sell.-

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:33 pm

-she stared at him, not willing to let the tears fall. She shook her head and reached out to grab his hand, giving it a squeeze. Her mind drifted for a moment and she remembered..... she had gotten a check. And had more than enough money in the bank. She turned back to him, letting the grip on their hands go slack.-

Sam. You serious about selling this place? Real, real serious?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 pm

He shrugged, still unsure but that was only his hesitance of not knowing the outcome. -I guess. It seems like the best option. The mayor gave me a few things to think about, things just keep piling up. I can't keep up so yeah, I'm serious. Why?- He quirked a brow and wondered why she cared.

-You'll keep your jobs, I'll make sure of it if that's your concern. Promise you that.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:49 pm

-she reached over and popped him on the arm, a scowl playing at her lips-

Sam Merlotte, you just watch your mouth! You know I ain't worried about a job. But this place is family. And you're just gonna give it up? Sell it to someone that don't know us from Adam? You're just gonna up and say goodbye to me and Sooks and Holly and Lala? I thought you had more sense than that!

-she turned her face to him and gave him a leveled stare-

You know what. If you wanna sell, and you're serious.... I'll buy it.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:51 pm

He shook his head with a grin. -Well, not walk away. I mean, I live behind the bar. I'll be around.- He chuckled and picked up his beer to take another drink.

Hearing her offer, he nearly spit out his beer and looked over at her. -Arlene, now I get what you mean but Mr. McDaniel is a real nice guy. He's offering a lot and I would not expect you to top his offer. Besides, you have the kids...and well, I couldn't do that.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:53 pm

How much is he offering, Sam? I'll double it.

-she didn't even wait to hear what he said. She just knew she didn't want to lose the bar, didn't want to lose her family. All she had now were her kids and this bar. And God knew she wasn't going to give up none of it.-

Well?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:07 pm

He blinked. -Arlene....I...- He saw her face and knew she would not back down from this. Sighing, he grabbed a pen from her apron and wrote down the numbers on a napkin. Sliding it over to her, he shook his head.

-I can't let you double that. There is no way you can and I won't allow it. Arlene, it'll be fine. Trust me okay.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Sam Merlotte, I'm not letting you sell this bar. It's not up for debate. I will double it. You sell me the bar, and you use that money to take care of your baby, and your girlfriend. I ain't lettin' you or them go hungry. Now tell me who I need to call to talk about it.

-she crumbled up the piece of paper and tossed it over the counter, missing the trashcan and earning her a glare from Sookie. She shrugged and mouthed 'sorry' before turning back to Sam. She'd never allow him to sell this place; it was home!-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:16 pm

He grumbled at her stubborn ways but in the end, he couldn't argue with her. -Fine, we'll discuss it Tuesday. There is a board meeting and he will be there. Any other offers will be voiced then. Be here for 8 am. The lawyers handle it all, I just make the final decision. If this is what you really want Arlene, but I still don't feel good about taking your money. Especially not that much.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Sam, you dealt with a buncha my crap. Me bein' engaged to a crazy murderer, my kids keepin' me from workin', car trouble, house trouble, possessed babies and my husband being.....

-she shook her head-

You're my family. And I ain't lettin' our family home go to somebody that won't love it like we do. This place is stayin'. You're stayin'. It'll just have a new owner is all. I'll be there at eight.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:23 pm

He smiled and nodded. -Alright then. I'll see you there.- He pulled her into a hug and knew he had to tell Sookie what was happening soon. She was, after all, a partner. He rubbed his forehead after releasing her and sighed. -I gotta get back to getting things together for my meeting with Bill and the mayor. We're going to protect the town. One way...or another.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:25 pm

You do that, Sam. I'm gonna go serve these folks their burgers before they burn a hole in my rearend with their crazy eyes.

-she turned towards her tables and hollered- Hold your horses! I'll be there in a minute. Jordan, I know your mama didn't raise you to act like that in public!

-she turned and winked at Sam before scurrying off, excitement rolling through her. She might, just once, do somethin' right.-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am