A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Choices

John Quinn

Sexual Choices

Post by John Quinn on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Quinn walked slowly from the room where Tijgerian was resting, pulling the door shut. He knew what needed to be done. Things were going south quickly and he needed to keep their son safe and there was only one way to do that. With her condition, he could not be the one to watch over the boy, but he knew who to entrust such a precious cargo to. He had already sent word for Tolvin to meet with him this evening. As the meeting loomed close, he thought over many things…

Sexual Re: Choices

Post by Tolvin Richter on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Tolvin knocked quietly on the door at the appointed time. He smiled and nodded as he entered the room, but the smile faded when he saw the trail of blood across the room. He looked up to speak but the look on Mr. Quinn’s face told him to remain silent. He walked in, pushing the door shut behind him and moved to the office area. He watched as Mr. Quinn crossed the room and turned on some music before taking a chair right next to his own.
John Quinn

Post by John Quinn on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 pm

“Tolvin, what I am going to say is not to be responded to until I finish. There has been an attack, a major one and Tijgerian was hurt enough that I worry for Rajat’s safety if he remains in Brazil. We need you to do something and it is something I have no right to ask of you. I need to you disappear for a while…with Rochelle…with Rajat. I do not even want to know where you are going to go. Pick somewhere between yourselves. When you leave here, you will have a burn phone on you. It will only dial one number and it will only work one time. I still have a few favors owed from the old days. The person on that phone will arrange travel credentials and transport wherever you choose to go. Make it somewhere that Tijgerian and I would have no business going to.”

He motioned to a briefcase in the corner of the room.

“In there you will find currency from several countries. Once converted to the local currency of the place you go, it should give you the means to stay hidden until I say otherwise. I will leave word when it is safe at the US Embassy in Madrid. My friend there will light a green lamp in the farthest right front window when it is safe for you to make direct contact. You can see it from anywhere in the world on the city webcams. Keep my son safe, Tolvin. I am entrusting you with the most precious thing in my life. Don’t respond; just pick up the case and go. You and Rochelle have plans to make, but do not make them here. I am sure that this hotel has ears. ”

Post by Tolvin Richter on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Tolvin was speechless with what Mr. Quinn had asked of him. He picked up the case and turned back to Mr. Quinn. He began to say something but watched as Mr. Quinn simply shook his head and pulled a small phone out of his suitcase. As he took the phone, he could not help but see the pain in Mr. Quinn’s eyes. He nodded with understanding and moved quickly, exiting the hotel room and heading for his own. They had a lot to do, and a lot to think about.

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:14 pm

She looked up from helping Rajat with the monster truck puzzle they were working on and saw Tolvin enter. She smiled and it quickly faded when she noticed the subtle movements he made. His eyes darting around, he was preoccupied with a phone and his movements were that of a security guard on full alert. She'd come to really know him and his little quirks. She stood and moved over to him, looking over her shoulder at Rajat before looking back at Tolvin. "What is it?"

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:53 am

He crossed the room, pulling her body to his and whispered in her ear.

"Tha prépei na sas zi̱tí̱so̱ na me empistef̱teís , erastí̱s . Mazépste ta prágmata kai tou sas . Fév̱goume . Tha sas po̱ perissótera , ópo̱s boró̱ ."
I must ask you to trust me, lover. Gather your things and his. We are leaving. I will tell you more as I can.

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 pm

She slowly moved to look into his eyes and saw the last thing she wanted to see. Nodding her head slowly, she went to ask the dreaded question about John and Tij but her voice wouldn't come out. Truth was she was afraid to know. She knew the one place they'd be safe, she knew where Tij told her to go if ever there was trouble. Turning away from him, she rushed over to Rajat and forced a smile.

"Hey little guy, you wanna go on a trip with Tolvin and me?"

"But what about mommy and daddy? Can they come?"

"They're gonna meet us there. Not to worry, they just have to work a little longer here."

"But...I want my mommy."

"She...she will be there before you know it. I promise." She forced a smile and began picking up his toys. "We have to leave now though. We're gonna go someplace fun and cool. What do ya think?"

"But I wanna stay here, with daddy."

She swallowed and knelt before him, lifting his chin. "Hey, I know...I do. But you know that I always make sure you have loads of fun. Right now we're gonna have some fun, just us. Old times sake. You in?"

He seemed to give a sad smile and shrugged, mumbling "Okay," under his breath. She watched as he went to the other room to get the rest of his things. She turned to look at Tolvin with tears threatening to fall. "They...they didn't.....she's not...." She shook her head, unable to finish her dreaded question. Were they alive?

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

He smiled softly as she asked the expected. He took her hands and shook his head.

"Óchi, óchi Eínai zo̱ntanós , allá ypí̱rche mia epíthesi̱ kai mou eípan na lávoun oi dyo sas kai na exafanistoún . Ta prágmata eínai se thési̱ gia na érthoume píso̱ ótan to all clear eínai dedoméni̱."
No. No. They are alive, but there was an attack and I was told to take the two of you and disappear. Things are in place for us to come back when the all clear is given.

He let go of her hands and began to pack, focusing on only what was needed. As Rajat came back inside the room, he looked up at Tolvin and tried to smile.

"Can I go say goodbye to daddy and mommy before we go?"

"I'm sorry, my little friend, but they had things to do as well. They are doing all they can to join us quickly. We will have an adventure, and then they will be with us again."

Tolvin could see the pain in Rajat's eyes but the boy was proving to be more mature than his ears as determination crossed his face. He nodded and went to the side table, pulling a picture of John and Tijgerian out of the frame and tucking it into his bag. He nodded and zipped the bag closed, setting it next to the table. He looked up and smiled at Tolvin.

"Can we order dinner before we go?"

"Of course, Rajat. You can order whatever you want. Even desert. Look at the menu and figure it out while I make a phone call."

Rajat's face brightened a little as he picked up the menu from the end table and began looking at the choices. Tolvin took the phone Mr.Quinn had given him and stepped to the corner. As he hit the auto dial, he heard the voice on the other end.

"Tem sido um longo tempo, meu velho amigo. Eu estava começando a pensar que você tinha esquecido de idade Varga. Nós dois sabemos que você não iria ligar para este número, sem razão, por isso só me diga o que você precisa."
It has been a long time, my old friend. I was beginning to think you had forgotten about old Varga. We both know you would not call this number without reason, so just tell me what you need.

Tolvin cleared his throat and spoke softly.

"Your old friend gave me this phone with certain instructions. I need packets for two adults, one male and one female, and one child, male. Set them up as a family with Greek nationality. Passports and travel papers as well as a way out of Rio. We will arrive tomorrow morning at the Gamboa Rio Hotel and would appreciate the packets being ready. Last name will be 'Petralias'. First names are flexible."

He listened as the other voice typed on a computer.

"Ele não teria dado este telefone para você sem motivo. Será como você pediu. Eu não posso prometer luxo com esta falta de aviso, mas vou resolver a minha dívida."
He would not have given this phone to you without reason. It will be as you asked. I cannot promise luxury with this short of notice, but I will settle my debt.

Tolvin smiled and spoke softly.

"I will pass your message when time allows. I understand the way this works so I thank you in advance."

He ended the call and looked to the other room, watching Rajat examine the menu. He snapped the phone in half, dropping the pieces in the trash and walked over to help Rajat figure what to eat.

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:30 pm

She gasped and covered her mouth as he told her there was an attack. Hearing they were alive gave her some peace but she worried. This was the emergency plan, take Rajat and run. Things must have gotten bad. She let him make a call while she went into the bathroom to gather things. Taking her phone from her pocket with shaking hands, she sent an email to her father.

{Coming home.}

Feeling relieved he said Greek, she felt they were on the same page. She hadn't expected for Tolvin to meet her father so quickly but in circumstances like this, there was no getting around it. She turned her phone off for safety and looked in the mirror. Her hands were still shaking, her nerves had gotten the better of her. Placing her hand in her waistband to feel the butt of her gun, she sighed softly. Swallowing hard, she blew out a breath and left the bathroom. Hearing Tolvin and Rajat order dinner, she waited and then signaled him over.

"I think we should go to my dad's. We'll be safe there. Rajat has been there before and there's a compound....a uh...well its...secret. Underground. Untraceable. I'd feel better if we did. I know you had orders...I-I I just..." She licked her lips, trying to explain nervously.

Post by Tolvin Richter on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:32 am

Tolvin laughed softly.

"Nothing is invisible, Rochelle. Our destination will be decided elsewhere. We make no more choices until tomorrow except what to have for dinner."

He handed her a menu, using his free hand to tap his ear.

"So...what looks good?"

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am

She realized what he was saying and nodded slowly. "Right....forget I mentioned it. I'm sure a better place would be France. I know people there." She sucked at this. Closing her eyes, she blew a breath towards her bangs and took the menu, shaking her head with a small smile. She really sucked at this, especially when she was nervous. "Dinner...right. I'm feeling Chinese. You?" She smiled and tapped her fingers on the menu as she waited for his answer.

Post by Tolvin Richter on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:03 pm

"I'm thinking stay away from Paris though. If you remember, your boss was attacked there...maybe somewhere smaller...Montrichard maybe. Ah well...we can think on it tomorrow..."

He winced at her suggestion.

"Chinese in Brazil......that did not work out too well the last time, if you remember. Maybe Italian...there is that place on Lacoseta...they deliver."

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:06 pm

She smiled and chuckled at the last mishap they had with Chinese takeout. "Italian sounds fine, mi amor." She reached up and kissed his cheek before placing a soft one on his lips. "You order, I'll pack." Moving past him, she smiled at Rajat and attempted her best 'everything is okay' face.

Post by Tolvin Richter on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:12 pm

He chuckled as she did, then turned to Rajat as she left the room. He knelt down to the little man and smiled.

"If you help Miss Rochelle pack, I'll even order some ice cream for you."

He laughed at the whooping yell the boy let out as he ran from the room.

"Miss Rochelle!!! I'm gonna help you pack!!"

He laughed to himself as he heard the sounds of Rajat trying to 'help' and Rochelle's laughter as well. After he put in their order, he began packing his own things. Tomorrow should prove interesting but for tonight, they would just play 'happy family'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm