For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

I Just Wanna Be By Your Side

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

I Just Wanna Be By Your Side - Page 2 Empty Re: I Just Wanna Be By Your Side

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:29 am

She blinked, a bit confused. He brought her up until she was first sitting then standing, on slightly shaky legs.

not here? if not here then where? she wondered but when he laced his fingers with hers and slowly lead her back to the bedroom she felt something inside her tighten. Was he not wanting to use the desk because it wouldn't be dignified?

Again she mentally shook her head. No, she was reading too much into this. They were stuck together, they had urges, that was it.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:47 am

Max closed the door to the bedroom closing out the rest of the world that threatened to barge down on them at any moment. Moving slowly across the room bringing Kiara with him he sat himself at the edge of the bed with Kiara standing in front of him.

"...I don't know what this is Kiara. But I don't want it to stop either" he admitted honestly to her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:52 am

She frowned, looking at Max and pondering his statement. She didn't know what to say, or if she should say anything. She didn't know what this was either. Her whole world had been turned upside down, everything she knew and cared for gone in one bloody flash and now, now she found herself in her home state, in a hotel with a vampire who wasn't Bill, a vampire who had both helped and betrayed her just like Compton had.

She shook her head, she was thinking too much and it was making her thoughts go down a dark path. Instead she touched Max's cheek so he was looking at her.

"Then...lets not think about what this is. Thinking leads to doubts, to pain....and I think I've earned a break from all of that" she said softly before she bent down to kiss his forehead.

"Whatever....THIS is.... lets just enjoy where it takes us right now. We can dwell with the consequences of it....some other time"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:58 am

Max took her hands into his own before standing to his feet towering above her and gazed down fiercely into her eyes.

"...Then let me not fuck you tonight...Let me make love to you" he whispered.

Max had not made love with someone in many years and yet he found himself wanting this.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:05 am

She looked up at him, then managed a dark, sad chuckle.

"Make love huh....I don't think someone has ever really done that" she said, taking a moment to think back on that. Maybe people pretended to love her, most just outright hurt her, everyone just used her. She was a means to an end, someone to try and force yourself to forget someone else and someone to abuse so someone else would comply.

She chuckled again, remembering her very first time with Quinn, and how foolish she'd been. At that time she had forgotten to give the most important disclaimer, one that had cost her dearly through the years.

"Max...." she touched his chest, a single blood tear escaping her left eye "please....don't hurt me"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 am

Max had never seen Kiara like this before. It struck a cord deep within him that he had never felt before and it unfamiliar territory for him. Raising his finger to her red tear that had escaped from the rim of her eye his gaze softened.

"...Let me just hold you" he spoke almost pleading.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:21 am

She nodded, bridging the tiny space between them until her head was on his chest. There was a small moment where she tensed, as if fighting back old demons in her mind. She clutched his shirt, her hand a tight fist as she took a deep unneeded breath.

After a few seconds she relaxed in his arms, closing her eyes and letting go of his shirt, just keeping her relaxed hand closer to his stomach, like a half hug.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:34 am

Max held her in his arms and let the silence fall around them. Not a single voice nor sound disturbing this moment between them. There was something that Max wanted to tell her but it could wait for now. He did not want the so called vampire King to come in-between them. He would be dead soon and then he would not hurt Kiara any more. Max would make sure of that.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 pm

After a lengthy moment where they just held and silence surrounded them she managed a genuine chuckle.

"You know...that was really mean of you" she said, not looking up at him but able to feel his confused expression looking down on her.

"you know....getting me all worked up back there" she added, not sure why she found that funny at the moment since it broke the mood but she did. It was like one moment he was teasing her, the next he promised her tenderness and things alien to all vampires, now including her.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Max felt the rise of her cheek against his chest chuckling lightly to himself. Things had taken an unexpected turn from earlier in the office.

"My sincere apologies but things did take a drastic turn from the expected path that we both more or less had planned for the evening...But there is something that you need to know Kiara, something about what I was doing earlier this evening. It is about Compton" he ended.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:10 pm

She frowned. What on earth was Max plotting that it had to involve Compton now.

"Please don't tell me you're turning me back to him because I will cut off your left testicle if you do" she said, looking up with her chin against his chest and a pout so uncharacteristic of her it was almost like gazing into a younger Kiara from the past. A Kiara devoid of darkness and hurt.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:37 pm

"Do you think I would do that to you? After all that he has done?" he questioned her.

Max sat them both down on the edge of the bed. Max had put his ear to the ground and had spoken to a few close contacts that had been keeping a close eye on Bon Temps.

"Compton will be dead in a few days. He has Hep V" he explained to her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Kiara's eyes went wide for a second before she actually managed to think things over and shook her head.

"He won't die.... he has a fairy waitress who will move heaven and earth to keep him alive, even against his own will" she said with a shrug as she moved to lay on her side on the bed.

"Hep V huh?.... guess Bill's infidelities finally caught up to him...unless someone gave it to him on purpose" she added with a shrug.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:51 pm

"I cannot clarify on how he was infected. But what I can tell you is that he does not have long Kiara...The disease has progressed far quicker than any other. He will be dead within days, and then he won't be able to hurt you any more" he assured her.

Max knew that even if Kiara denied that she did not care about Compton there was still a part of her that loved him, no matter how it hurt him.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:54 pm

She shrugged, resting her elbow on the bed, her chin on her hand. "Then let him die...I think immortality turned him into an asshole who doesn't even know he's an asshole" she said bluntly.

"But Max....why tell me this? Are you expecting to get some reaction out of me? to see me weep for Compton?"

Sure maybe some part of her felt bad that Bill was now facing his mortality but considering she had been face to face with hers far too many times because of Bill, and even once directly because Bill nearly killed her the cynical part of her couldn't feel sorry for too long.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 pm

"I told you this because Compton was a part of your past and if you want to go back to Bon Temps to see him one last time then I shall take you" he offered.

Max had to make the offer to Kiara to see him one last time before the true death.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm

She shrugged and reached with her free hand to touch his. "Max...I don't want to go there. I don't want to go back to a place so rooted in pain. I want to put the past behind me" she said softly.

"Please...just don't mention him again. It makes me remember things I rather forget"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Max simply nodded.

"You have my solemn vow that I shall never mention his name again" he promised.

Max knew that it was only a matter of time before his name cropped up again in conversation. But its just how that came about.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:53 pm

She reached for his hand and brought it to her lips, kissing the inside of his palm before resting her cheek against him.

"Lets just...enjoy tonight...watch a movie or something" she said, not wanting the heavy mood around them to linger much longer. She rather forget the difficult and painful things right now.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 am

Max nodded in complete agreement. He could understand why Kiara wanted to forget everything about Compton. But he could not, he wanted to go straight to Bon Temps to make it clear that Kiara was no longer his. He only hoped that Kiara could move on once Compton was dead.

"You're choice. As long as it's nothing soppy and romantic" he chuckled.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 am

She chuckled. "Oh Max... my tastes in movies is more of... watching half naked men run around and kill everything" she said as she sat up to reach into the nightstand to find the pamphlet of movie selections available to them.

"Anything you would prefer to watch?"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 am

Max could not help but laugh out loud at her comment about naked men running around "Well I am not sure those are my kind of movies, but I much prefer the older ones. One of my favourites are Calamity Jane" he grinned "But I doubt that is you're kind of movie" he mocked teasingly.

"Perhaps something you would like to watch? Without the naked men?"
    he suggested.

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:41 am

She chuckled and kissed his cheek. "True...why watch naked men on film when I have you around right?" she teased as she settled for an old classic "Gone with the Wind" and queued it up on TV.

She scooted closer to Max until she was half draped over his side and kissed his shoulder just as the movie began.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am