For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

First Marital Fight

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

First Marital Fight  Empty First Marital Fight

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:17 am

Hoyt drained his cup of coffee and returned the cup to the table. Things with Jessica had been peaceful and he was loving it. Everything seemed to be falling into place and that is how Hoyt wanted it to be. But ever since speaking to Andy Bellefleur about what vampire Bill had asked him to do about the rent for the mansion.

He couldn't help but feel that he was letting Jessica and vampire Bill down. It was his job now to look after Jessica and make sure that she had everything. He was failing her as a husband and that he did not want to do.

Scribbling down some figures onto a piece of paper, numbers making his head ache. Dropping the pen and pushing the paper aside, he pinched the bride of his nose. The chair screeched as it scraped along the floor and he got to his feet. He needed more coffee.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

First Marital Fight  Empty Re: First Marital Fight

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:29 am

She ran the brush through her damp hair and moved down the stairs at a normal human pace. Humming with a smile, she smelled coffee and heard the sounds of it being poured into a cup. Peering into the kitchen, she set her brush down on the counter and saw Hoyt at the sink, staring out into the night. "Hoyt?"

She moved over to him, slipping her arms under his and wrapping them around him. Turning her head to rest her cheek against his back, she inhaled and smiled. "Mmm I missed you in the shower." She felt how tense he was and pulled back to look at him, slipping around him to stand between him and the sink, she looked up at him. "Hoyt, what is it?" She cupped his face.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:34 am

Hoyt was able to feel Jessica enter the room before he heard her speak, it was something that he was proud to admit. As he poured himself another cup of coffee he could smell the fresh soap in the air that she had used, a small smirk spreading across his face as the mention of missing him in the shower.

When she slipped in between him the counter and questioned what was wrong. He placed his full cup of coffee on the counter.

"I spoke to Andy this morning" he paused "Did you know vampire Bill told him we have to pay one dollar a month's rent for this place?" he asked, wondering if she already knew.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:44 am

She looked at him, saw a bit of anger in his face as well as confusion. She lowered her hands and rested them against his chest. Biting her lower lip, she nodded. "Yes...I did."

She sighed and began to explain, not looking at him and moving her hands around to speak. "Bill knew he was going to die. He'd went to make a will and leave it all to me, much to my protest. He ran into some problems though. Because Louisiana law dictates that a vampire may not leave their belongings to another vampire unless it's a blood relation. Progenies are not covered. He tried to adopt me but apparently that was unsuccessful too." She sighed and swallowed before looking up at him again.

"Andy is Bill's blood....so he made a deal. What's wrong with that?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:51 am

Hoyt listened to Jessica as she explained what vampire Bill had done before he died, and no one had told him. That surely was something that he should have been told and he wasn't. He felt like a fool.

"I'm your husband Jessica" he exclaimed as he turned from Jessica and ran his hand through his hair.

Running his hand down his face as he tried to cool himself down "Do you know how that makes me look? That I can't look after my own wife? Pay the bills?" he tried to make her understand.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:59 am

She knit her brows in confusion and let out a small scoff, shaking her head at his anger. "It's not that big of a deal, Hoyt. It's a dollar...one which we really don't have to even pay. Its on paper that way so that the state of Louisiana doesn't take the mansion from us. I have a decent job at Bellefleur's...you could get your old job back at the road crew or whatever you want to do. I know this isn't like Anchorage but...it's home. It's our home. Don't feel that way, please."

She cupped his face to soothe him and gave him a small smile, not wanting to fight.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:07 pm

"You aren't listening Jess!" he exclaimed trying to make his point clear.

Hoyt knew that she was trying to make him feel better, but he was the man of the house. He was meant to be providing for her and right now he wasn't.

"I am meant to be taking care of you. That's what vampire Bill wanted. He wanted someone to look after you when he died. How can I take care of you when I should be paying the rent for this place" he indicated around him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 pm

She listened to his voice raise and finally saw the problem. He was angry that it wasn't more, and that he wasn't the one paying. "Hoyt, you ARE taking care of me. You take care of me so well. Please don't think that. You are providing, you are...you're great. Where is this coming from?" She asked him, confused as to what brought this up all of a sudden. "What can I do to help you through this?" She was concerned for him, more importantly she was confused and hurt.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Running his hand over his hair "I let my mama down because I wasn't here when she died. I should have been the one to take care of her. But I wasn't" he growled "I let her down and I can't take that back. I am going to have to live with that guilt for the rest of my life" he added.

Turning away from Jessica again, he needed to get out of here. He was angry and he didn't want want to hurt Jessica.

"You can't!" he snapped "I'm supposed to be the man of this house and pay for the god damn rent and I can't even do that" he paused again "Vampire Bill trusted me, and I am letting him down. I am letting both of you down" he spoke in a softer tone

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:12 pm

She stepped forward towards him as he stepped back. "HOYT!" She yelled his name to get him to stop yelling at her. "Hoyt, you're the best husband I could ask for. It isn't about providing or paying. I need you, I need you there for me. Not to pay things, not to buy things. I need YOU!" she placed a gentle hand upon his cheek and kissed his lips before he could protest, slipping her arms around his neck as she kissed him to make him see reason.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Hoyt melted into Jessica's kiss, he kept his arms at his side. He was still angry at everything and especially himself. But he couldn't let this go, he just couldn't. Slowly he turned his head from Jessica and he knew that he had hurt her.

"I'm sorry Jess" he looked on disappointed in himself "...I gotta go. I will see you in a couple hours" he grumbled to himself and turned to leave

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Feeling him pull away caused her much pain but she swallowed to hide it and keep her blood tears from falling. It got messy and gross. He turned from her and began to walk away. With all she had she just wanted to stop him but she knew he needed space to think and she wouldn't deny him that.

As he walked away from her she whispered low and soft, "I love you Hoyt Fortenberry..." She hated this, hated them fighting. She heard the door slam and jumped slightly, sinking to sit on her butt and leaned her back against the counter behind her. Pulling her knees up, she placed her forehead on her knees and felt the warm tears roll down her cheeks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am