All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

It's fine, really

Sexual It's fine, really

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:54 pm

The night was slow at Bellefluer's. It was still odd calling it something else since it was always called Merlotte's. She missed Sam and Nicole and wondered how parenthood was for them. She'd been excited to get the pictures in a text of their new baby girl, Clara. She was the most precious thing. Sam had done good and she was happy for them. Scrolling through her facebook, she sighed and sat at the bar waiting for customers. It was slow for a Sunday night, but there was some big bowling match and the crowd would probably show after, which would be like an hour before closing-which was not surprising. Maybe tips would be good, though.

Her fight with Hoyt was still running through her mind. They hadn't been married for longer than four months and they were already fighting. It made her sad and she worried about him, about his struggles that he was facing. Resting her head on her arms, she blew out a breath and groaned. "Ugh, kill me now." She muttered.

Sookie Stackhouse

Sexual Re: It's fine, really

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Sookie shook her head and chuckled as she walked up behind Jess and put her hand on her shoulder. Jess had seemed a bit off the past few hours, and she wasn't sure what exactly was going on. Pulling up a stool, she settled in beside her and continued to rub her shoulder.

"What's wrong, sunshine?" she asked softly before removing her hand and using it to gently tilt Jessica's head up so she could look at her. "Everything okay?" She really hoped she wasn't upset about Bill again. Having to deal with her own pain over his death, at her hand no less, was hard enough. She didn't know if she could handle her once-almost-daughters pain, too.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 pm

She heard Sookie and groaned, feeling her hand on her shoulder to comfort her. Sookie had become a great friend, almost like a sister. Who would believe she was almost her step-mama once? It was crazy how her life had turned out but she wouldn't want it any other way. Sookie lifted her head to make her look her direction and she frowned. "I'm fine, it's fine, we're fine." She said, trying to reassure herself.

Seeing Sookie's face, she groaned and turned towards the bar, slowly bringing her forehead to rest on the wood. "My husband is mad at me...." She popped up and looked at her. "God that's so weird to say." She pouted again. "We're in our first fight, Sookie...and I hate it."

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:35 pm

"Oh, honey!" she said with a soft chuckle as she sat in the stool beside her; she instinctively moved over so that their arms touched and she reached out to gently rub her back.

"Don't worry about the fighting. I'm positive it'll be perfectly fine. I mean, fights happen, right?" She shrugged her shoulders. "What are y'all fighting about, anyways? Maybe I can help?"

She remembered her mama and daddy fighting. And she remembered the thoughts that each of them had about each other. Her daddy wasn't totally happy. Her mama was obsessed. It was ridiculous.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:35 pm

She blew out a breath and shrugged, looking down at the wood on the bar top. "He thinks I lied to him....well, I didn't lie, persay...I just uh..." She thought about it and inhaled slowly before looking back at Sookie. "Bill wanted to make sure Hoyt and I didn't have to worry about moving or buying a house. He'd told me he tried to put everything in my name like...like a will? But...because we're vampires I'm not technically his daughter and because we're both legally dead...he couldn't adopt me." She paused for a moment and smiled softly at the memory of Bill, her father whom she'd gotten so close to. The one who walked her down the isle.

"So he left the house to his legal relative...living relative, Andy Bellefleur. For tax reasons and all that, he had to make Andy promise to charge us rent of $1.00 per month...you know, to keep up appearances. Which, he doesn't even collect it, it's just for paper purposes." She sighed. "Well, Hoyt found out and..he got upset....said he isn't taking care of me like Bill wanted." She shook her head. "I don't get it, Sookie...I just don't."

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:50 am

She frowned and turned so she could get a better look at Jessica's face. It amazed her that, even though Jessica was flawless due to the vampire blood running through her blood, she still had tiny wrinkles where she was worried. And that was what broke Sookie's heart.

"Aww, sugar. I'm sorry. I don't know why he'd think you were lyin' to him, though. I mean... Heck, why don't you just get Andy to talk to him and tell him what's going on? Why would he think that he ain't takin' care of you?" She shook her head. "Men are crazy."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:47 pm

She sighed, "He wants to be a provider I guess. It means so much to him to be able to support us. I guess that's how a man is supposed to feel, but I can't help it if I don't need him. I don't need him to support me financially, I need him...emotionally. I need him, just him. I love him, not his money or his job." She frowned and thought the fight over again.

"Men are so confusing!" She said and pouted before groaning and placing her forehead against her arm on the bar again.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:04 pm

She chuckled and nodded her head, then shook it.

"Honey, that's definitely the truth. Men are the most confusing thing in the world. Bill...." She stopped and cleared her throat before smiling at her. "Bill could be one of the most infuriating, confusing man in the world. But did I love him. I like to think I have learned my lesson, though."

She looked into her eyes and reached over to squeeze her hand. "It'll be okay Jess. I promise. Do you want me to talk to Hoyt for you? Maybe I could... I dunno, talk some sense into him?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:07 pm

She sighed. "No...no that's...okay. I should probably just talk to him...when he's ready? Give him some space?" She looked around the bar and the patrons were beginning to leave for the evening. It was getting later and she wondered if she should call Hoyt and ask if he wanted any food from the bar. That made her worry they might argue over that too.

She looked over at Sookie and forced a smile. "Thanks for being here to talk and...listening. I guess I should just give him some space and see if he figures things out? I don't want to push him." She sighed again and chuckled. "They say the first five years are the hardest..." She groaned.

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:32 pm

"Don't give him too much space though."

She nodded her head again and laughed. "But seriously. If you need me to talk to him, I will, okay? I mean, just because Bill and I didn't work out...." her voice trailed off and she gripped Jessica's hand again. "I still consider you family, Jessica. And I love you." Smiling again. "And I will always be there, okay? I mean, sure... I'll be old and die one day, but until then.... I'm all yours. Okay?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:36 pm

She smiled and bit her lower lip, nodding to show her understanding. "Thank you Sookie, thank you so much." She leaned forward and hugged her tightly and closed her eyes. "I'll take your advice and I'll let you know how it goes." She pulled back and looked at her with a soft smile. "I know you and Bill didn't work out, even though you were almost my...step mother in some weird way...but he loved you. He loved you so much, Sookie." She smiled to fight back her tears and stood, shaking her head.

"Okay I better go before it gets all gross with me crying." She laughed and hugged her one more time. "Thank you...."

Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:51 pm

She laughed and wiped at her own tears, reaching for another napkin and dabbing at Jessica's face.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. You'll get to the house, he'll be there and y'all will talk. And everything will be fine. You and Hoyt were meant to be, Jess."

She gave her another hug and kissed her cheek before stepping back and wadding the napkin in her hand. "Now get. Go talk to that hubby of yours. And if you need me, you let me know. I'm not too far away."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 pm