For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Last Letter To Jessica

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

The Last Letter To Jessica Empty The Last Letter To Jessica

Post by Bill Compton Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:19 pm

The Last Letter To Jessica (The Last Goodbye In The Event Of My True Death) Continuous...

I pulled a piece of paper from my drawer. I took a pen and put it to the paper to write a letter to my prodigy, something for her to have for when i met the True Death....

My Dearest Jessica,

There are moments in my life where i think about the past. As you age as i have and seen the things that i have. You begin too cherish all that you have. I have seen so many things over my life as vampire. I lost my human family, my wife and my children. That is a pain that will always be with me. The day i was taken too the Magister for my punishment for killing another vampire....there you were. I was ordered to turn you, making myself a Maker. I did not want to inflict the pain and suffering i had experienced in becoming a vampire. But if i had not done, it could have been a far worse situation. But please know this sweetheart, i shall not and do not regret the past. I have come to know you as a friend....a daughter. I have watched you grow in to a fine young woman. I am so proud of you Jessica. And if i shall meet the True Death.....

I put the pen back on my desk, leaving the letter unfinished. Then it had finally sunk in, this would be the last time i would leave something for Jessica. This could be and probably would be my last goodbye. I stood from my desk and walked back over too my drinks cabinet to pour myself yet another glass of blood. I filled my glass to the brim, and took a mouthful from the glass.

I stood there thinking about how things could have gotten this far. That i would be saying goodbye to one of the people i loved the most. I stared down into my glass for a moment.

Then i could feel a burst of anger surge through me, i threw the glass across the room with such force, the glass shattered as it made impact with the wall.

Blood splattered and trickled down the wall trailing down too the floor. This house had seen so much blood, fear....death. And if i should meet the True Death, this home, my home.......Jessica's home would have seen the last of death.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

The Last Letter To Jessica Empty Re: The Last Letter To Jessica

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 pm

I came home exhausted from a mental headache (even though vampires didn't have any) I felt like I had a migraine. Hoyt was just...just so desperate and sad and he really believed I wanted him back. I would always care for him that wouldn't change, but there could never be an "us" again. I unlocked the door and found it dark and quiet in the mansion. Bill must have been out with Eric doing what he had to do to stay alive. I sighed knowing I may never see him again. I turned the knob to his office door and entered slowly, taking a look around. Everything was orderly and in its place, as it always was. I noticed one of the walls had a tint of pink and it appeared to have been blood. Hmm that was odd.

I went over to his desk and sat down in the large leather office chair, placing my hands gently on the desk. I looked down and moved my hands to see a piece of paper with his elegant old fashioned writing. It looked almost like calligraphy. I moved the pen out of the way and began to read.

The Last Letter To Jessica Letter10

{My Dearest Jessica,

There are moments in my life where i think about the past. As you age as i have and seen the things that i have. You begin too cherish all that you have. I have seen so many things over my life as vampire. I lost my human family, my wife and my children. That is a pain that will always be with me. The day i was taken too the Magister for my punishment for killing another vampire....there you were. I was ordered to turn you, making myself a Maker. I did not want to inflict the pain and suffering i had experienced in becoming a vampire. But if i had not done, it could have been a far worse situation. But please know this sweetheart, i shall not and do not regret the past. I have come to know you as a friend....a daughter. I have watched you grow in to a fine young woman. I am so proud of you Jessica. And if i shall meet the True Death.....}

Crimson tears brimmed my eyes as I blinked and sat back in his chair holding the letter. I felt the tear run down my cheek and I held the letter to my chest, taking his scent in. "Bill.....please come home safe." Tonight would be a long night.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 am