For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Trouble on the inside

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Trouble on the inside - Page 2 Empty Re: Trouble on the inside

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Bill raced through the tress as he followed the wolf, leading him deeper and deeper in to the woods. He followed her scent through the trees and could hear her ahead of him running, he screamed her name.

"KIARA!"

He stopped by a large willow tree, and listened to see if he could sense her exact location. In the mere distance was a stream, and thats where she was.

He began running again and came to s sudden stop, there she was, by the steam. Her hair wet as the water ran down her skin, she had transformed back into her human self.

He walked up slowly to her, not wanting to move any fast movements when she still had his blood coursing through her system.

He took a few more steps forward, so that he was right behind her.

"Kiara?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Her panting was heavy, seemingly the only sound that broke through the silence of the woods. She lifted her head, her hair wet, clinging to the side of her face, her shoulders and back.

Her eyes were back to their normal steel blue color and when she spoke her voice was a bit shaky from the cold, but otherwise calm.

"I'm...sorry" she said meekly, forgetting that she was stark naked in the middle of the woods, freezing cold from the water, wearing nothing but a small ornate ring on her right middle finger that had somehow stayed on during her shift. All she could think was of the mess she'd made, the clothing of his she'd torn and the ruckus she'd caused earlier.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:09 pm

He walked slowly over to the waters edge and could see that she has regained control of herself. The air temperature had cooled a few degrees since they had left the house.

He could see her shiver from the cold air and as she was wet, water dripping down her skin.

He took of his black coat and draped it across her shoulders shielding her from the cold and wet air.

"Do not be sorry.....Are you alright?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

She nodded, thankful for the coat despite her skin breaking out into gooseflesh. "Yes...I'm alright" she said softly, not meeting his gaze. She felt a bit ashamed of herself. Usually she was so in control of her dual nature, but V made any wolf crazed. She thought she was above that, having sworn never to become one of those crazy V addicted weres that Russell Edgington had created.

"Did...I... hurt anyone?" she asked, needing to confirm or deny her worse fear. Her memories of what had happened were hazy at best, like she'd seen everything she'd done through an opaque glass. She only hoped she hadn't hurt anyone, none of the staff or any passerby human during her frenzy
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm

He placed his hands on to her arms and tried to provide her some much needed comfort that he thought she might need.

He sat down beside her on his knees, and pulled her towards him. Although his body could not provide any heat, he thought she might need some re-assurance after tonights events.

"No my dear, you did not hurt anyone....I can't say much for your attire"

He chuckled at the end part, hoping to try and cheer her up.

"You had me worried my dear"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 pm

She let out a long sigh of relief. Good, she hadn't killed anyone by accident. With his words she then looked at herself and blushed, pulling his coat more around her bare body.

"Guess... I'll be needing a change of clothes something soon" she said before she gasped. "Oh I'm...sorry about your robe...I'll replace that as well" she said, now recalling the fact she'd torn off his robe. She lowered her head, closing her eyes for a moment.

"I apologize for the way I reacted...I didn't think I'd be so out of control"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm

He chuckled at what she had said about his robe. He hadn't even given it a second thought.

"Its alright my dear, we shall get you some new clothes. I have many available from which you can choose".

He turned to look at her and smiled, hoping to send some sort of comfort her way, knowing her could feel her inner turmoil.

"And no need to replace anything, it was not your fault. I shouldn't have let you got so far. It is i that should be apologizing to you"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 pm

She slowly stood, his coat being just long enough to cover her and keep her modest.

"I should have refused... I know the effects of V on wolves. Next time we'll just dab the blood on the wound instead" she said calmly.

"You should get back... the prisoner is still waiting to be interrogated, I rather get this matter of security dealt with quickly before we get any more fanatics" she added with a grin
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

He stood up as she did, covering herself as she did. He wanted to maintain her modesty so he kept his eyes on hers. He nodded and crossed his arms across his chest.

"I concur....though i shall hope it will not come to it again"

He acknowledged that there was still the matter of the prisoner being held in the basement cells that needed his attention.

"Yes we do. It seems that I owe you my life"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

She nodded as she began to walk, glad that her upbringing as a wolf made walking barefoot in the forest something quite easy to deal with.

"I doubt he was of any real threat to you sir... he shot me with a regular bullet, no wood or silver" she said nonchalantly. "He was probably some scared zealot thinking he was doing the world some good"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:50 pm

He nodded as they started to head back to the mansion, walking slowly next to her. At times like this he felt almost human, and not the vampire everyone knew him too be.

"We have to be cautious, my list of enemies grows by the day"

He carried on walking through the trees, as the lights from his home broke through the trees in the distance.

"Its times like this......Never mind" he chuckled.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:51 pm

She blinked "No what?" she asked, curious about his last statement. She didn't even mind that now the guards rushed to them to check on their well being before flanking them back to the front door.

She did however clutch his coat better around herself. She really didn't want to flash any of the guards at this point
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 pm

The guards has rushed over to check on them both from witnessing the events earlier. He told them to return to their position. He put his hands into his pockets and stood and stared and looked at the ground.

"Its at times like this, i wish i were human.....Things would be simpler in my life. No one would have to die to protect their king. People would still be alive, like Adele Stackhouse. It was my involvement with Sookie that got her killed....Innocent people always have to die because vampires exist.....Sometimes i think it would be easier if they did not exist.....Look at you, you were hurt, almost killed protecting me.......I know thats why i hired you, but i did not think it would lead to this"

He sighed and looked into her eyes.

"This is not how it is supposed too be"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm

She smiled "People will always die for other Bill. Those we serve, those we cherish, those we protect. It isn't because of vampires, wolves or humans, it is because we fear what all things fear, being alone in the very end"

She turned and looked at him. "Even vampires, with their immortality, surround themselves by other vampires or creatures. All the power in the world cannot save us from the loneliness that will eventually come"

She headed up the steps and walked into the manor. When she spoke next her tone held a sad, nostalgic tone. "We don't want to be alone, anymore than what death dictates"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 pm

He nodded as they headed up the stairs towards his home. The guards opened the doors as they both entered, and the guards closing the doors behind them. He listened as she talked about how we were all the same and that we all wanted one thing.

As they entered the mansion, he turned to look at her.

"So if i may ask, what is it that you want?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 am

As she walked up the stairs she paused and smiled. She turned her head, facing him, a coy grin on her lips. "What any girl wants your Majesty... to not have her heart toyed with" she said calmly before continuing towards her room.

At her door she walked in, letting out a sigh, aching for a shower, a meal and a change of clothes.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 am

What she had said had begun to play on his mind. A woman of her such beauty to be toyed with. How could any man human or not, toy with a heart like her's. It was a heart he would love to be a part of. But it would not happen.

As she closed the door to her room. He headed towards his office. He opened the doors and closed them behind him. He walked to his office to his drinks cabinet to pour himself a glass of blood. He filled the glass to the brim and took a large sip from the glass.

He walked around to his desk and sat down in his chair. He put the glass down on his desk and picked up the phone.

"Have Ms Anderson see to Ms Griffen's wardrobe.....have a selection of clothes brought to her room. That will be all thank you"

He set the phone back on the hook, and took a sip from the glass and smiled. He stood from his chair and walked to a hide away closet behind a bookcase. He pulled out a white shirt and a new black dress jacket and slipped them on.

He walked over to the window and stared in to the sky as the moonlight shone on his skin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am