For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Next Mark

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Next Mark Empty Next Mark

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:18 pm

My mentor had called me later that day to tell me there had been reports of a few newborn vampires in the area of Bon Temp. I wanted the bigger fish, but he felt I wasn't ready. I'd been keeping tabs on two powerful, old vampires...soon they'd be mine. After I had gotten back to my apartment after breakfast, I laid around and read, worked out and did some more training with Chaz. He had the same mentor as I did, and we both worked for BlackRose agency. We were trained killers, trained to kill vampires.

It felt like ages ago on that cold, dark night that I lost everything. I was only eight at the time, my baby sister only three. My parents were driving home that night, it was foggy and it was freezing. We were almost home when we stopped at a red light. All of a sudden the doors were thrown open and my parents taken out. We barely saw anything. My sister and I held onto one another tightly, until she was pulled from my hands. There I sat alone in the car, crying until I felt hands on me, pulling me from the car. They were covered in blood, and had fangs. It was the scariest thing I'd seen. Fear enveloped me and I couldn't move. There I lay on the ground as one of them were on top of me, blood dripping from his mouth. Then the next thing I knew I heard screams, he looked up and stood quickly, then his body exploded.

"Jess!" I heard as I fell to the ground with a thud, my back hitting the floor of my apartment. "Damn Chaz, must you be so rough when I'm thinking." He grinned. "It's not think time, it's fight time. Now get your head in the game or you'll be some fangers dinner." I rolled my eyes and smiled, twirling my practice sticks around that stood in for my blades. "Fine, bring it on Chaz. I've taken you before I can take you again." He swung his arm right as I spun and ducked, avoiding his hit. My leg swooped across the floor and kicked his legs out from under him. I jumped atop him and placed my stake on his chest. "Done." He grinned and shook his head.

I told him I could do this hit myself but he insisted that because Sebastian said there were vampire(s) he refused to let me go alone. I bit my tongue and let him tag along as we headed to Bon Temp for some vampire justification. It was when I was eight years old I met Sebastian. He'd been the one to save me from the two vampires who'd killed my mom, dad and sister. They were about to kill me when he killed them. He raised me like his own daughter, teaching me the skills I needed to protect myself. As I grew older, I learned martial arts, Taekwondo, plus so much more. I was specially trained in weaponry, and when I was sixteen he surprised me with my own set of arm blades. They were perfect for decapitating vampires. We arrived to the location and witnessed three vampires who had been recently turned, feasting on humans. Show time. I looked at Chaz and nodded as we both got out and rushed to where they were, my arm blades ready.

Next Mark Bloodrayne3

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am