For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Out of sight

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Out of sight Empty Out of sight

Post by Nora Gainsborough Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Pam and I arrive on the campus of LSUS. We make our way into the campus parking and Pam parks her car in the far back assuring that her car will be safe. She turns the ignition off and everything falls silent. We step out of the car, shutting and locking the doors behind us. Pam looks at me with a wide smile on her face as we entered the lawn of where the protesters had been chanting their opinions towards other students casually walking by. I could tell this is what made Pam the happiest. Her face had shined brightly as the sun reflected off of her perfectly tanned skin.

As we approach the fellow protesters, we were instantly greeted with warm welcomes and hugs. I smiled because for once, I could see that there were people in this world who did care for more than just themselves and didn't mistreat others if they opposed of a certain topic. I liked her protesting groups because of that. Pam and I stood in the middle of the group, talking and sharing stories with one another and for once in my life I felt as if I had belonged. I pondered at the thought of maybe attending this college and joining this group. It certainly would free me from the monsters back at home.

Hours had passed by and my voice had been cracking because of all the chanting I had done with the rest of the protesters. Night was approaching and the group had decided to call it quits for the night. I walked around helping take down signs that were posted in high elevated areas of the lawn. As I made my way back to the group, I noticed Pam had disappeared. I pushed through the crowd of people who had joined in on our protesting and began searching for Pam. I looked over at the group standing by the folded chairs and couldn't see Pam over there either. I began to panic and started asking others as I passed by them. They had shaken their head at my question and continued on. I figured it was no use, so I began to shout her name. " Pam!" I called out, but nothing. I moved to a different spot in the crowd and yelled her name once more. "Pam!" Still no answer. My breathing began to pick up a little as my anxiety started to kick in. "Where could she have gone?" I thought. I reached in my pocket and pulled out my phone. I dialed her number, but as soon as I got a dial tone, it went directly to her voice mail. I started to panic and yelled her name again. "Pam!" Like the rest of the crowd, she was gone and out of sight.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm