For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Dreams and Nightmares

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Dreams and Nightmares Empty Dreams and Nightmares

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:38 pm

That night when I got home, I sulked into my apartment and headed to the shower. Chaz and those two vampires blood on me. I blamed myself for everything, it was my fault he was dead. If I hadn't gone...If I...tears came to my eyes and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I collapsed on the bathroom floor and sobbed into my hands, my tears mixing with the blood. "I'm so sorry Chaz, I'm so sorry." I said over and over. I cried for hours, until my head hurt and I could barely see. Somehow, I managed a shower, only crying more...feeling as if I had no more tears to cry.

Making my way to my bed, praying that sleep would take me fast. My face swollen from crying, my eyes burning, my heart...broken. I'd lost someone close to me tonight, all because of my stupidity. I'd call Sebastian in the morning, knowing he'd be disappointed in me, and probably blame me. I curled up with my pillow and began to cry myself to sleep.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Dreams and Nightmares Empty Re: Dreams and Nightmares

Post by John Quinn Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm

John searched carefully, knowing what he wanted to find....and she finally entered the land of Dreams...

He waited until she was deep, then slipped through the edges, watching as her pain flashed through her mind. Her anger would help her in his task. He walked to her in her dreams...finding her on a cliff, overlooking a city somewhere...
    Dreams and Nightmares 41279110

Slipping close to her, he looked out over the city as well, and whispered..

"I can help you deal with your pain..but only if you want me to..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 pm

I gasped and backed away from the man standing before me, not understanding what was happening. Looking around to see I was standing on a cliff overlooking the skyline somewhere. "Wha--who are you? Where am I?" I was confused, but the pain in my chest only grew when he mentioned it. Bringing attention to something I was trying to forget made it worse. "How..." I said before he could answer me. I didn't care who he was...I just wanted the pain to stop. The guilt, the hurt, the anger, the sadness, the numb feeling....
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

"I know it hurts now, but time is precious. Something has taken place and your time to move is now. I can explain things or I can help you. Choose now."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 pm

"I just want it to stop..." With that brought tears as I sobbed so hard my shoulders shook. "It's my fault...it's all my fault. He's dead, because of me!" I dropped to my knees in an almost begging way. "Tell me what to do." I had no idea who he was or where I was, but I had to make it right...I had to.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

"Someone high up in the fang ranks has had a bad night..."
    https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1030-a-game-perhaps

"Now that you know what has transpired, you can act accordingly. Bringing this fang down will throw the ranks into chaos as they fight for the power vacuum. "

He smiled, but there was no joy in it...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 pm

I watched as he showed me what happened, recognizing the man as the King of Louisiana. The same vampire I'd been watching as long as I was watching the one from earlier. I blinked and looked at him as he spoke about killing him, it made sense. Vampires everywhere would kill one another to fill his spot. Sebastian would never allow it, I was certain. Tonights events...I'd be lucky to ever work for him again. I shook my head. "I can't....My mentor...he's going to be disappointed in me. He won't allow it."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am

He looked to her, shaking his head...

"Then your friend and my sister both died in vain. He will heal within a few days, now if your only chance..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am

"But...how am I supposed to go against him. He's old, I fought two vampires tonight around that age and lost a friend...and I almost lost my own life. I'm weak, I'm not strong enough for this task. I'll fail." I hung my head in disappointment, feeling so hopeless and lost in my feelings. I had no confidence in myself. At all. Everyone depended on me and I'd let them all down.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:05 am

"Were you not watching? He took silver in his knees. That removes his speed. Your strength is within you. You just have to find it. Your want for vengeance will fuel your strength..."

He chuckled.

"..and at worst case, bring in a friend along for the fun..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 am

Realization hit me, some strange feeling of confidence. He was right...his knees were hurt. If I moved fast, I'd eliminate his speed. If I eliminated him, I eliminated many...."You're...you're absolutely right!" I stood more confidently. Once Sebastian knew this information, he'd sure approve...or I don't tell him. That I'd worry about later. I tilted my head to the side. "Am I dreaming?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am

"Yes you are dreaming...but how does that make this any less real?"

He chuckled, turning to walk away, then looked back...

"Remember one thing, pretty huntress...it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:17 am

"Remember one thing, pretty huntress...it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission..."

I blushed at him calling me pretty and looked down as he spoke. It was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. He made a valid point. Maybe I could redeem myself if I killed Sam. Even though I killed the vampire who killed Chaz, killing two will make it even better.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 am

He smiled and nodded.

"Good Luck. I'll be keeping an eye on you."

He turned and vanished...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:23 am

"But wait I---" He turned and vanished before I could finish. I looked down at the city, the hustle and bustle of living going on without any thought or need to care. Sighing I finished my sentence to no one. "Didn't catch your name." Renewed confidence, I knew what I had to do....and I would do it. For Chaz...for myself and to redeem myself with Sebastian. After...I told him what happened tonight.

I turned over in my sleep and thought of the many ways to attack Sam Merlotte.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am