For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

I won't let go

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

I won't let go Empty I won't let go

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Sam paced the floor of his trailer with his phone in hand, calling and texting Luna to no avail. She wouldn't answer or text him back...she'd seen what he did. Of course he didn't blame her for thinking the absolute worse. She had witnessed him at his worst, doing his worst and inflicting pain on an innocent girl, well to her she was...but she had no idea the whole story. He never meant to kill Charlene. It was a complete accident that he blamed himself for over and over. Grabbing his keys he shuffled down the stairs and into his jeep, he wouldn't stop fighting for her...he couldn't let go. She meant too much to him to just lose her altogether, at least without her knowing the entire story.

Driving the twenty minutes to Shreveport, he went over what he'd say to her in his head. She had to listen, she had to understand. Pulling into her drive, he shut off his engine and saw the living room light on. Please God, let this work. Walking up to the door, he knocked. -Luna, it's Sam...please open up. We have to talk.-

Silence.

-Luna, please baby. Just...let me explain...I swear it's not what ya think.-

He listened, the television was low she had to be here. Knocking three times again, he waited. -Luna?!? Baby open the door, don't shut me out. Don't throw us away for something you don't understand...-

Silence.

He was getting angry at her stubbornness and refusal to hear him out. Banging his fist on the door again, it creaked open slowly. "Sam.." A small voice said and he looked down at Emma in her pajamas. "Mommy said to tell you to go away." She said softly, obviously sad to deliver the message. "Is Mommy mad at you, Sam?" He squat down to get eye level with her and sighed. -She is mad at me. I did something...- He cleared his throat and kissed her forehead. -Tell Mommy I need her to call me. I really have to explain some things to her. Can you do that for me Princess?- She smiled brightly and nodded. "Good night Sam, I'll make sure Mommy calls you." She turned to go inside but quickly turned around and whispered, "Bring ice cream and flowers next time...it's her favorite." She nodded enthusiastically and stepped back into the house, slowly shutting the door with a grin. He wished it were that simple. He'd be wearing the ice cream and probably beat with the flowers. She thought he was nothing more than a cold hard killer. His first thought was to go back to his trailer and down a fifth of Jack, but that wouldn't solve anything...his problem would be there tomorrow with or without the alcohol. Until he'd met Luna, he had no way of expressing himself, no one like him to talk to. She'd become his best friend...and now he'd lost it all but he wouldn't stop fighting for her...not until the day he died. Eventually she had to hear him out. He sent a quick text to Sookie telling her he'd be in Shreveport for a few days, to keep the bar standing.

He placed his forehead on the door and exhaled again. -I love you, baby...always.- He said hoping she'd heard him as he turned to head to his jeep. He wasn't going anywhere...he'd stay in his jeep until she listened to him, until she understood. Getting into the driver seat, he pulled the lever to lower the back of the seat to an almost laying down position and laid back. Looking out the window at the stars in the sky, he prayed for a shooting one just to wish for his family back. For fear of losing his family, he killed someone...and now...he'd lost his family.

Ironic?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am