For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Revenge

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Revenge Empty Revenge

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:57 pm

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1101-haunted

I didn't know what would hurt more, if Quinn hated me for what I did or that he was just okay with it, that he understood. I couldn't be hearing right, Hoyt...Jason...Maxine...They all said I was a monster. I was evil, I was a vampire and all I did was hurt people. It's like I couldn't help it, no matter what I did someone I love always got hurt. Quinn was right, that darkness....it had the sweetest voice, it was a way to not feel anything...and that's what I wanted. I didn't want to feel anything right now. After running from his house, I spent my days in the city of Monroe. I'd killed...three men now. They all looked similar to my father, Hoyt or Jason. Who was I? I didn't know...but what I did know was the pain was gone...I was just...blank.

It was like a way to shut off the pain, the regret, the sadness. So I did it, and now I couldn't stop. Hoyt and Jason had said some horrible things to me, not that I guess I didn't deserve it. Maybe I did...but right now, all I could think of was the darkness...the black hole that was swallowing me and I was letting it. It had been a few days since I last saw Quinn, and my phone hadn't rang. Maybe he did finally just give up on me...on us.

I found myself on the embankment where I dumped my fathers body. I stared at the waters as they flowed lazily, the moon casting shadows of light on the small ripples. The murky Mississippi river, my father's wet grave. Did he deserve what I did to him? Maybe. Did I mean or want to do it? Part of me did...but that part of me that regretted it was gone. After witnessing what my father had done to my mother and sister, I couldn't allow him to continue. I had to protect them. My eyes caught sight of a steamboat that had stopped in the center of the river. It's rotating wheel not moving and people scurried about. I watched the scene unfold, almost not believing it was happening. Interesting how fate worked out sometimes...How this would play out, I had no idea. Did I care? No...not really. I turned away from the scene as they pulled the body from the black waters and sped off into the night to find dinner.

Deciding against Shreveport I headed back to Monroe, walking along the sidewalks of the city looking for my next victim. It was then that I saw him. He was walking with a girl who looked to be about Eden's age, maybe a little older. He placed his arm along her shoulders and she smiled up at him. He hadn't changed...at all. I couldn't stop myself, that darkness inside wanted revenge, wanted to teach him as he taught me. Walking straight up to him I stopped in front of him, his eyes cast up into mine and he stopped in his tracks and the girl did the same as she looked between us.

"Jessica? Jessica Hamby? Wow, I thought...it said you were...where have you been? Your parents are looking everywhere for you."

I just grinned at him sadistically. My eyes went to the girls, I caught her gaze and spoke slowly and evenly. "You never saw me tonight, run home safely do not stop until you are home." She nodded and took off running. He watched on with wide eyes, his heart rate increasing. "Wh-what did you do to her?"

I looked back into his eyes, showing no fear or remorse for what I knew I'd do to him. "I saved her...." He looked around confused, scared and obviously looking for an escape. I grinned. "Don't look around for help, no one will help you." I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled us into a darkened alley, slamming his back against the brick wall. "Hi, Mr. Gary...how are you?"

"Jessica, what's happened to you?" He asked in a shaky voice. I stepped closer to him pressing my body to his, grabbing his hand and placing it on my outer thigh. "Don't you want to finish what you tried to start? Or am I too old now? You like little girls don't you, defenseless ones." He began to stutter and try to get away from me. "Oh, something wrong, Mr. Gary? Am I making you uncomfortable...isn't this what God would have wanted...hmm?" Remembering his words he once used on me. Pedophiles like him needed to be destroyed before they could destroy more lives with their perversion. I chuckled, a bit sadistically and coming from me that sounded pretty scary. He started to stutter again and I really wasn't having it, especially since he was getting an erection. Grabbing his hand and quickly snapping it back wards, causing his wrist to pop out of socket. "That...is for touching me." Grabbing his fingers as he screamed out and snapping them all until they broke, causing him to fall to the ground in pain. I grinned. "You're not really worth it...I don't want your blood. It's...vile. I want you to suffer..." As he writhed in pain on the ground I smiled and got lower to him. "It's okay because you'll never hurt anyone else...ever again. I know what you did to Laura....this is for her." I stood and pulled my foot back, slamming it in his crotch as he screamed. Spitting on his body, I quickly shut him up by snapping his neck.

I felt Quinn near me...It was because of my blood, although it was a light feeling I knew he was close. Instead of seeing him, I decided to go to his place. I needed to get my things out, it was only a matter of time before he asked me to leave. I just...knew it.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 am