For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A strange talk.

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

A strange talk. Empty A strange talk.

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

The fog inside her head began to clear. Everything ached in the worse of ways. Her head rolled around before she managed to open her eyes. She was in some secluded wooded area. She couldn’t hear cars or any humans around, and there was a strange sort of laughter behind her. She groaned and tried to move but found herself tied to a rough tree, her hands bound and her legs tied together.

“Well well…the princess is awake” said Christian in a gleeful tone as he stood in front of her. She blinked, her left eye burned and something was trickling down her head along her cheek. She tasted blood which explained the throbbing on her head.

“Where is this place?” she asked, wondering what was Christian up to. The child shook his head. “oh no… we have much to discuss” he said as he pulled a stump and sat down like this was nothing but a Sunday chat.

Kiara shrugged, as much as her shoulders would allow. “discuss what?” she asked. She’d been beaten and tied up enough times to remain calm. She wished she could wipe the blood from her face so her eye would stop burning but aside from that, the pain was something she could ignore.

“Why are you dating Bill Compton?” he asked, his voice sounding angry, almost accusatory. Kiara debated her answer. It was hard to put a “why” to her feelings. She and Bill had been through a lot, things that would have broken any normal relationships, but their relationship was far from normal.

“Well..he’s a kind man.. strong.. funny.. caring-“ her words were cut short as Christian actually slapped her. “He’s NOT CARING!” he yelled, his face wrinkled up with anger. “He killed me! He made me a monster! He wasn’t even there when I woke up he just…let me die!”

Kiara nodded. “if it makes you feel better… he nearly killed me too. Tore open my throat and drank me to the edge of death” she said. That made Christian pause. “He…hurt you?” he asked. She nodded. “He did… he tossed me on a pile of my own blood and ran off” she said casually.

“Then why are you with him? He’s a bad man” he said, as if trying to reason with her. Kiara smiled softly. “We all have darkness within us…I’ve killed my share of people before, vampires included. Just because of that doesn’t mean we don’t deserve a chance at happiness” she said softly.

“How can you defend him? He killed me! I was just a child!” he yelled. Kiara nodded. “Is that why you brought me here? To kill me so as to hurt him?” she asked. He glared at her but paused. “You’re…not afraid? Of dying?”

She chuckled. “Afraid? Death is something I’ve longed for ever since my parents died. But at every turn fate denies me such a mercy…so instead I muddle through life, seeking a tiny kernel of happiness, even with a vampire” she said, offering the child vampire a smile.

Christian looked confused and he remained quiet for a moment before he suddenly sat down on Kiara’s lap. It hurt, somehow she must be bruised or cut on her legs for him sitting down to hurt her.

She and the child spoke for hours. He seemed to open up to her somewhat. He told her about his rising as a vampire, what Bill had done, how he’d met Russell and gone undetected. He spoke about all the people he’d killed, then how he’d spent years plotting revenge on Bill.

“Christian… killing me won’t bring you peace… I would be nothing but another kill under your belt. Bill and I aren’t connected by blood, he wouldn’t know I was dead until much later” she said, lying to the kid and knowing that the smell of her blood would mask the lie.

Christian nodded and stood. “but you don’t know where you are.. and he doesn’t know either. So he’d be sick with worry and distracted” he said as he brushed dirt from his outfit.

“But thank you for speaking to me… for that.. you get to live” he said before dashing away. Kiara sighed. She was too weak to shift and still tied up. Maybe Bill would notice her absence at dinner, but she had no idea how he’d find her. For now she closed her eyes, the blood now drying and making her shiver. She swallowed, took a deep breath and howled. The sound was as loud as she could make it, and it echoed in the distance. It would be the only way if anyone was listening to tell them where she was.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm