For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Good and unexpected news

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Good and unexpected news Empty Good and unexpected news

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 pm

She had no idea how much time had passed. The woods got cold and they were eerily silent. Her legs were going numb and her shoulders were getting stiff from being bent at awkward angles. She must have drifted in and out of consciousness as the next time she opened her eyes there was a group of men around her. One was giving directions into a phone, another was cutting the binding that held her legs and arms.

“Miss Griffen can you hear me?” asked a man she vaguely recognized but couldn’t remember his name. She wanted to say yes but all that came out was a ragged groan. The men were all talking but their voices seemed to meld together and she passed out again. When she awoke again she felt something beneath her. She wasn’t sitting in the woods but she must be in a car. She was vaguely aware she was moving. Something nice and cool was being pressed to her head and the smell of disinfectant filled the car. The guards were cleaning her up, trying to wipe away the dried blood and dirt.

“She’s still bleeding…” said one of the guards in the back seat with her.
    “She has two large lacerations on her forehead” said another.
    “Any cut to the scalp or forehead bleeds a lot, just put pressure on it until we get to the manor. The King will know what to do” said the driver.

So these were the guards Bill had placed for her. She had to give them credit; they had found her where she didn’t even know where she was. She felt herself fade out for a second.

The guards were already coordinating with the guards at the mansion. There was a bit of commotion outside Bill’s office. No one wanted to tell him that Kiara was injured so they just waited. Michael walked into the mansion, Kiara in his arms. He seemed to carry her effortlessly as the other guards came in behind him. Already some of the servants had some first aid kits ready to go and Michael was heading to the lounge area so they could tend to Kiara without Bill being distracted from his work.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Good and unexpected news Empty Re: Good and unexpected news

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Bill had risen earlier than he normally did, sensing that tonight was going to be a very forthcoming eventful night, knowing that tonight Mel would be bringing Sophie to stay at the mansion for a few days, what had he gotten himself into. He had no experience in looking after a young child especially since he was not around for his own human children's upbringing which he had missed out on due to Lorena snatching away his human life. Bill had been sitting at his desk for a while now, looking through the notes that Mel had given him for Sophie's arrival, he wanted to make sure that everything was in its place. Bill had not really been paying attention to all the commotion that he could hear outside his office, his mind a cast to other things.

He had yet to speak to Kiara about what was happening and how she would take it, that Marie's only child would be staying with them for a couple of days and that she may have too help look after her when he was not available during the day, this was a conversation that could go either way. The commotion carried on outside his office as he heard hushed whispers outside his door of his staff as they debated how to approach him.

"You need too tell him"

"No, you tell him. He won't kill you. He actually likes you"

"Fine"

Bill sighed in frustration as he sped towards his office doors and opened them swiftly as one of his staff hurried off at the sight off him as another stood their flabbergasted.

"I do not appreciate delay's...now what is it?" Bill said sharply.

"Your Majesty...Its......"

That's when Bill caught the scent, blood. Thick and lingering scent of fresh blood that stung his nose like a bee sting. He knew that scent, following it to where it hung thick in the air he caught the sight of his guard Michael.

"Your Majesty...Ms Griffen has been injured" his said, his voice rough and spiked.

Bill's face shook with pain as he searched out for Kiara and found her laid on a large sofa, her hair matted with dried blood, his staff members huddled around her. He sped over to her, perching himself on the floor by her side.

"Kiara....sweetheart" his voice agonized and yet soothing.

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Kiara groaned again. Her eyes fluttered opened slightly, hearing Bill nearby.

"Hey....." she said with a weak and goofy smile as if she wasn't laying bloodied and bruised on the sofa. The guards had done a good job of cleaning up her face and they placed some gauze on her cuts but she was still bleeding. Her wrists were bruised badly from being tied and her shorts hid the majority of bruises on her thighs. The signs of rope burns lingered on her knees and ankles.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 pm

"Hey....."

Bill fingers gently tried to untangle her matted her that was now dried with her blood as he took note of what he saw, most of her cuts and grazes had been covered with gauze's but blood was still seeping through in a heavy flow.

"Hey...I can't leave you alone can I?" he smiled softly, his voice gentle and quiet.

Bill turned to the waiting staff behind her, his guards had already taken their leave to carry on what they were supposed too do.

"Leave us" was all he said as all his staff exited the lounge leaving only but him and Kiara.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:06 pm

She smiled gently. "You can still trade me in for a tamer woman" she whispered. She was shivering slightly from the blood loss. The lounge grew quiet. One of the servants closed the sliding doors so the lounge was closed off to everyone else.

She didn't want to tell him how she'd gotten hurt. He'd only be more upset knowing it had been Christian who had bruised and bloodied her.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 pm

He smiled softly at her, his hand gently caressing her head avoiding the gauze's that covered her wounds and grazes as he scanned over her frail and weakened body, feeling how her skin was cooling from her blood loss.

"I don't know about that...I quite like having you around" he chuckled a little, hoping to distract her from her pain that he could see she was in.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:16 pm

She smiled, closing her eyes. The light was hurting her eyes and just laying there made her want to curl up and take a lengthy nap. She leaned into his touch.

"I'm sorry...I always make you worry" she whispered. It seemed that Bill was always having to save her from something.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm

"Quiet now, i don't want to hear you speak of such things" he whispered in a soothing tone, his touch gentle as his fingers threaded lightly in her hair.

Bill could feel her pulse spike to a peak every few seconds, he could feel her pulse pattern change radically, her looked too her head where her gauze was now heavily seeping with her blood. Bill undid his cuff to his shirt and pulled back his shirt sleeve.

"I need you to drink Kiara...Can you do that for me?" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm

".....need...drink... for me..."

She nodded. There was a strange thrumming in her ears, like rushing water. Her heart sped and slowed, trying to bring her back to a normal state but blood being wasted with her open cuts. She could barely hear Bill, he sounded so far away and so worried.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Bill watched as she nodded slowly, he leaned down to gently kiss her forehead her blood touched his lips, sending a cooling sensation through his body. His fingers slowly peeled back the gauze on her face and watched as the blood sprang free and trickled down the side of her cheek, his tongue caught the trail of blood before it dripped onto the sofa, letting her blood trickle freely into his mouth. His tongue gently caressed across her skin, stopping the free flow of her blood. Bill dropped back to his knees as he raised his wrist to his lips and let his fangs drop and sink into his flesh, feeling his own blood pool in his mouth and he withdrew his bloodied wrist and held it above Kiara's lips.

"Drink...before the wound closes"

He held his wrist above her lips as his hand tucked underneath her neck to help raise her lips to his wrist and felt her latch on.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 pm

She could smell his blood and her head was being moved. She didn't think much of the implications of drinking his blood. Her lips latched to his cool skin, his blood pouring into her mouth. She drank weakly at first before she sucked harder on his wrist. His blood was raw power and it made her shudder.

Her body began to heat up, her pulse becoming stronger. She let out a soft groan, his wound closing, her tongue lashing at his skin, wanting more of his powerful elixir.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Bill growled a little as he could feel Kiara sucking on his open wound on his wrist, feeling her tongue lap up his blood, he could feel her body shuddering at his blood taking over her body awakening every part of her. He knew that as a Vampire aged their blood became more potent and more valuable on the black market, but there was other Vampire's blood that was be more valuable than his own. He felt the wound on his wrist stitch itself closed as Kiara's tongue continued to lash at his wrist.

"I think that will be enough sweetheart, i don't want to intoxicate you" he whispered.

He pulled back his wrist from her lips as he gently rested her head back onto the sofa.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm

She growled for a second, almost angry he was pulling away before she shuddered again, trying to get a hold of herself. Slowly the bruises began to lighten and disappear, her cuts shrank, closed and vanished, leaving her dirty and slightly bloodied but otherwise healed.

She squirmed on the couch, arching her back as if uncomfortable. "I'd forgotten how... perky your blood makes me feel"she whispered, her eyes rimmed with the wolf orange glow.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm

"I'd forgotten how... perky your blood makes me feel"

Bill chuckled as his thumb caressed her cheek, watching as the cuts stitched together and vanished and her bruises fade and them diminish from her skin.

"If i can recall it has been said once or twice, although there are others who would disagree" he said softly, he could feel in her blood that every inch of her had woken now that she was fully healed. "What happened?" he asked.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm

She bit her lower lip. She had hoped he wouldn't ask her what happened. She honestly didn't want to upset him, she knew how much the topic of Christian brought him.

She slowly sat up, now feeling just how dirty she really was. "just some rogue wolves... it's nothing" she lied, hoping he wouldn't pry more. Christian had intended to kill her but in the end didn't so perhaps the child vampire was having a change of heart.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 pm

"just some rogue wolves...it's nothing"

He didn't want to pry to much further into what happened as he knew that now was not the time, but he would not forget about it.

"I shall send out a high alert to have the area scanned...Now that your well, there is something important that we need to discuss" he said heavily.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 pm

She blinked. This couldn't be good. Was he going to leave to be with the other vampire queen? She did her best to remain calm.

"Alright...whats going on?" she asked, mentally bracing herself for whatever bad news he was about to deliver.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Bill could feel how anxious that she was, it flooded him like water pushing against the barrier gates.

"There shall be someone staying with me for a few days. A child. Marie's child. A dear friend of mine shall be bringing her here tonight" he said slowly so that she was able to let things sink in, he waited patiently for her answer not knowing how she would react to this news.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 pm

She blinked. Marie had a child? Shit... had she known.. she would have never killed the woman, even if she was out to ruin her and Bill's relationship. No one deserved to be without a mother and now she felt a profound sensation of guilt.

"I...see" she said. What would she tell this kid... 'hi I'm Kiara.. and I killed your mom' seemed very wrong. She wasn't going to ask why the kid was coming here, knowing Bill he probably had some arrangement made to help out the families of his staff and a child she could see needing some extra attention.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Bill was still not sure how too approach this topic, not knowing how Kiara was feeling about the whole situation.

"She is seven years old, her name is Sophie...When Marie agreed to work for me she asked that all her payments go to her daughter's education. Of course i agreed, i am a silent partner in her school's administration board. I had a visit yesterday from the center where she currently resides, and with no other living member of family. I have agreed that she stay with me for a few days until more permanent living arrangements can be made for her" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:29 pm

She nodded, understanding and almost grateful that such a child had someone like Bill who cared.

"Thats fine... I don't mind if little Sophie wants to stay here. Children should be protected" she said softly. It reminded her of her own childhood and how hard it was as she lost both her parents.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:38 pm

"Well from what i have been told is that she is aware that her mother is no longer with us, but has been having violent outbursts towards members of staff and Mel believes that being here will help with some closure for her. I have taken the liberty of converting one of the guest bedrooms into a place suitable for her as she she some extra needs for her disability. I have never taken care of a child, i am quite out of practice in that area. So can i count on your help?"

Bill did not want to force this upon Kiara, knowing that the whole subject of Marie was a very sensitive one, but he had made this promise to Marie and he intended to keep it, call it a good deed if you will. He had plenty to make up for.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:43 pm

She smiled and touched his cheek. "Despite my rough edges I do know how to behave around kids. I'll do my best to help Sophie cope with the loss of her mother" she said softly.

She then chuckled at his comment of being out of practice. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll fall back into the fatherly role in no time"

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Bill grinned as he tucked a stray lock of matted hair behind her ear, his skin was heavily covered in dried dirt from her ordeal.

"You know...even covered in dirt. Your still the most beautiful creature I have ever seen" he grinned.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:52 pm

She chuckled. "Only you would find me pretty even covered in dirty and blood" she said with a light humor in her eyes. "but I suppose you've risen out of dirt enough time to ignore what I have on me" she teased as she turned her head and playfully nipped at his finger.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm