For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Visit

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

A Visit Empty A Visit

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Driving down the road, all I can think of is how crazy I must be. Why the hell am I doing this? After all, what did these people ever really do for me? Well...most of the people, anyways, never did anything but piss me off. Rude ass people is all they are, all they ever will be. And, what about this town? What has it done for me, really? All it's done is serve as the place all the fucked up shit of my human life occurred. A remembrance of shit like my mama's drunken bullshit, that crazy witch shit with Marnie, and where Eggs got himself killed over the guilt of what Maryann had made him do. I've been perfectly content keepin' my ass in Shreveport, rarely ever leavin' except when necessary. Yet, here I am drivin' down this long, dark road, instead of running. Maybe it makes me feel a little normal drivin'? Maybe I don't wanna be noticed runnin' and appearin' in that old gravel parkin' lot outta nowhere... Sighing as I pull into the familiar parkin' lot, I flip off the dim headlights and exit the car. I slowly walk from my car to the old building, wondering who is in there tonight. I open the door, close my eyes and take a deep breath, breathing in the old smell of Lafayette's cookin', and take in the old sounds of people chattin' and givin' their orders.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

A Visit Empty Re: A Visit

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 pm

"Orda up hookah." He said with a grin as he flipped the patty over on the grill, then spun around and placed the plate on the kitchen nook for Arlene to grab. Giving her a wink before starting to turn around but someone entering caught his attention. "Oh hells naw, am I seeing shit Arlene or is Tara Mae Thornton standin' by tha doe" Arlene turned to look over her shoulder and gasped, taking her plate and rushing off to the table it belonged to. Why she was here was a concern since the last time she was here, she nearly killed them all because of her anger. "Shit." He set the spatula down and whistled to get her attention. A brave move on his part.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Opening my eyes at the sound of his whistle, I smirk as I watch Arlene hustle off to wait on tables. Since I changed, so has she around me, go figure. I shrug it off, and walk over to the opening to the back of the bar, where the kitchen is, and speak just loud enough for my cousin to hear. "Surprised to see me, bitch?"
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 pm

"Hookah what is you doin' here. Last I heard you wanted to rip my fuckin' throat out for my hand in having you turned. What ya missed me?" He grinned and quickly grabbed the spatula to flip the burning patties, then looked back over at her. "That white vampire treatin' you right? Are you happy at least?"
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 pm

I shrug, "guess I am just too used to bein' around your crazy ass." I sigh and look Lafayette over, deciding to answer his question honestly, "Yea, Pam is good to me. She's helped me cope...I've come a long way." I pause for a minute thinkin' about tryin' to kill myself in that tanning bed the night I came back vampire. Then I shrug, and add, "I still don't take no shit, though."
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 pm

"Well who would have guessed that? You. Not take shit?" He laughed and shook his head then set the spatula down and walked around to the door and stood in the hall. "Can we talk, outside?" He had things he had to get off of his chest and seeing her here only made it worse.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I smirk, "you think Arlene can handle it in here on her own for a few minutes?" I glance over in her direction at the bar as she pours a few drinks for one of her tables. She smiles, a short, nervous smile when she notices me lookin' at her. I smile back, and look back over at Lafayette. It always has been easy to talk to him. I start walking down the short hall and head out the back door.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Passing Sam's office with him sitting at his desk he leaned in, "Yo can you watch the grill I'm takin' my 15." Sam nodded and he followed Tara out the back door of the bar. "Okay before you bitch me out again, can I just say that I'm sorry, aight? I know you didn't want....this. But I had no other choice. Bitch you was all I had left, I just lost Jesus. I couldn't lose yo ass too." Shaking his head, he did feel bad for making her the one thing she hated, but it was either that or lose her. Which, he did anyway, lose her.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 pm

One thing I could always depend on Lafayette on, he was always straight to the point. "I was pissed as hell at you, and I still am somewhat. But, I miss bein' with my cousin more than I am mad now. And, as I've said, Pam has helped me learn to cope. Bein' a vampire...ain't that bad when you get used to it." I pause, "It's like...I don't have to be so afraid anymore, Lafayette. My mama can't hurt me no more, even though she sure as hell still tries. And, I really don't have to take shit from nobody. Hell, all I gotta do is show these stupid ass bitches my fangs, and they go runnin'. I've learned a lot since I was changed, and I understand why you couldn't handle losin' me. I've had a lot of time to think about everything, ya know. I've learned a lot about vampires now that I never woulda known had I stayed in my scared human mind. All of 'em ain't all that bad actually..."
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 pm

He laughed and shook his head. "Bitch, you ain't changed at fuckin' all and I'm glads too. I missed yo crazy ass." Snuffing out his cigarette, he exhaled the smoke. "So you and that blonde huh..." He wiggled his brows and smirked. "You ain't gotta kiss and tell, but you can bring yo ass ova here and hug me."
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

I smirk, "Kiss and tell? Shit, was it that obvious?" I walk over and hug my cousin, who I've missed greatly. "It's been too long, Lafayette, when you gonna come visit me sometime?" I laugh, knowing how he'd respond.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 pm

He hugged her to him and closed his eyes saying a silent prayer he had his cousin back, and that she wasn't dead. Well, dead dead. "Hookah I love you but there ain't no way my sexy ass gone show up at no vamper bar. Fuck no." He chuckled and pat her back. "I'm glad you came though."
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:47 pm

It was nice huggin' him after so long. I laugh again at the response I knew he'd have. "Don't worry, I'll be around more often. It's just been hard lately cuz I've been tryin' to cope and learn, plus shit's been happenin' that's needed taken care of. Asses to save and all that shit, plus mama been tryin' to 'save me' and her and her crazy people damn near killed me some weeks ago. Shit's been crazy.." I hear Sam call for Lafayette from inside the bar sayin' they need him back in there and I roll my eyes.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 pm

"Yo mama still actin' like she a saint?" He shook his head and stepped back. "If that woman ain't realized that shit is satan in a sunday hat, bitch never will. I think I liked her better drunk. This preachers wife thing she got goin' on..." He tisked his mouth and turned his head hearing Sam after she did. "Must be nice having all these special powers huh hookah?" He said with a sly grin as he started back for the door.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:59 pm

"Shit, you know, I think I liked her better drunk, too. At least then anything she said was just drunken gibberish." Lafayette and I enter back into the bar, and I tell him I better head on back to Fangtasia now since I wanna make sure I'm back well before dawn. We hug each other once more and then I'm out the door and headed back down the long road to Shreveport in my car.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am