For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

+4
Sam Merlotte
Jason Stackhouse
Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry
8 posters

Back Together Again

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Back Together Again Empty Back Together Again

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 pm

"This is Jessica. I'm not around but promise to call you back as soon as I can. Bye"

Hoyt had heard this message several times tonight, hell he had even had it mesmerized the amount of times that he had called Jessica's cell. He needed too see her, he had heard nothing from her even after his visit with vampire Bill. He didn't know where this urge to see her came from, but he knew that he had too see her. Hoyt had spoken with Sam Merlotte and asked if Jessica was working tonight and he said that she wasn't. Just his luck that the one night he had come to the bar she was not working. Merlotte's was busy as usual on a Friday night, Jane Bodehouse was propped up at the bar drinking her usual cocktail, good lord everyone knew how she would end up. In a misty drunken state that Sam would have to call her a cab home once again.

After being served another beer by Arlene as she hurried about taking orders and serving other customers. Maybe Sam ought to get another waitress to help her out. After taking a large sip of his beer he hit dial again on his cell, knowing that it would probably go straight to voice mail once again....only this time it didn't. It started to ring, he took a much needed breath as he waited for Jessica to answer.

Back Together Again Empty Re: Back Together Again

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm

I saw the number on my phone....again. He'd called me a total of 83 times in the last four days and I avoided each call. Hadn't he got the hint?? I sighed and picked it up, letting my phone stay level. "What Hoyt?" Really, this better be good because if he just wanted to remind me how much of a piece of shit I was, I really wasn't in the mood.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 pm

"What Hoyt?"

Hoyt had been unprepared for Jessica answering his call, she had no problem avoiding it all this time. His mouth felt dry as he quickly scrambled and took a large mouthful of his beer to quench his dry parched throat. Feeling the cool liquid dull the dryness in his mouth.

"Jess...Hey. I been callin you for days now" he spoke quickly, hoping and praying that she would not hang up on him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 pm

"Yeah, I know. I've been avoiding them for days now." I shook my head and turned on the road that led to Bill's place, pulling over so I wouldn't get angry and speed. Last thing I needed was being pulled over by Jason. I sat there with the engine running. "What is it, Hoyt? If you're gonna say how much you hate me, I know trust me."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Hoyt could hear the irritation in Jessica's voice as her voice harshly echoed down his cell, he remembered everything that he had said too her, at the time he had meant each and every single word that he had directed at her. Somewhere inside him a part of him had still meant it, but he just wanted to clear the air. If they had to live in this same town, they were bound to run into one another at some point.

"Look...Jess..I need too see you..Please" he said, his voice hoarse and almost begging.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

I sighed and looked at my nails, hearing background chatter only meaning he was at Merlotte's. Another scene at Merlotte's? I wasn't sure I would not be able to NOT kill him if he provoked me. I was silent for a while until I finally spoke. "Why can't we talk over the phone? What's so important you must see me? I'm sorry Hoyt I just don't want a repeat of last time."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 pm

"Jess..Please. I need too see you. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important. I promise. Just you and me" Hoyt begged Jessica.

Hoyt prayed that Jessica would come and meet him, he drained his beer as he waited for her answer. He had promised himself that he wouldn't get angry, he fought to keep that promise.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 pm

"Fine. I'll be in the Merlotte's parking lot in five. Meet me by the pond. I don't want all eyes on me." Secretly, if I had to kill him I didn't want witnesses. Sad to think that way but he pushed my buttons and it would take extreme control not to hurt him. Ending the call before he could say anything more I placed my car in drive and made a U turn heading to Merlotte's.

As I walked under the moonlight I sighed and whispered, "Why am I doing this?" Why WAS I doing this? There he was standing by the tree near the pond. I put my hands in my pockets to control myself and walked up to him just close enough to talk. "What is it?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 pm

"Fine. I'll be in the Merlotte's parking lot in five. Meet me by the pond. I don't want all eyes on me"

"See you there Jess" he spoke just after she had ended the call. Hoyt was not sure how this was going too end up. But at least she had agreed too meet him, that was the first step, and he was about to take the next step. Going too the pond. Retrieving a few dollar bills from his pocket he dropped them on them table and waved to Arlene to let her know that he was finished, he had paid for his beers and left a tip for her also.

As he exited the bar he walked the short distance to the pond not far from Merlotte's as he waited for Jessica. The night was silent and calm, only the sound of the echoing crickets filled the night. He was completely lost in the almost silence.

"What is it?"

Hoyt turned to see that Jessica had arrived.

"Jess...Thanks for comin....You like pretty" he said in a boyish grin.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I looked down and swallowed, then looked back up at him. That boyish grin only reminded me of the good times we had together. Pulling a strand of hair behind my ear, I shifted my weight and looked into his eyes. "So...what's all this about Hoyt. I haven't had a chance to ask Bill about the glamour, I was going to tonight, but you called." I didn't know why he wanted me here, but I was almost afraid to know.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm

"Jess..I don't care about why the glamour didn't work..I do. But i don't. Never mind. I am glad you came..........I wanted to say...I am sorry Jess" he whispered.

He hated that he had made he feel this uncomfortable around him when they used to be so good together. They were once happy together, living together, they were happy. He wanted to spend his life with her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm

I couldn't help but shake my head in confusion to try and wrap my head around what he was saying. "So-sorry? Sorry? Sorry?" I heard my voice raise an octave each time and pressed my lips together and backed up one step. "Hoyt I don't know what kind of game you're pulling, I don't but I know that I can't...I can't take much more pain. You don't understand how much it hurts to hear you say those awful things, things I know things I face every day. I screwed up, I did. I'll admit it. But I loved you, with everything I had and everything that I was, I loved you." I clamped my mouth shut to compose myself before I broke down in tears.

After a few moments I continued. "I hate that I hurt you and I hate that I couldn't fix...whatever broke between us, but I tried. I prayed and I tried, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. And..And..." I shook my head and covered my mouth, turning my back to him so I could take a moment to gather myself. I let it all out, I told him what I had to say and at this point I didn't care if he gave a damn or not.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:58 am

"Jess...I ain't playin no game. I know that i hurt you just as much as you hurt me. That night when i held that gun to your head i wanted to kill you, but i couldn't. A part of me hates what i did to you..." he paused, he could see that she had turned from him but yet he still continued "I met someone Jess. Her name is Amy, i like her a lot...i love her. But i can't be with her if i still feel this way about you. So i am gonna try and forget everything that happened between us. I know glamour don't work on me no more. But i am gonna try"

Hoyt walked around too stand in front of Jessica, as she fought not to look into his eyes.

"And you can fix things between us, forget. Forget everything Jess" he whispered.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 am

I heard his words and then felt his presence move, heard the crunch of the twigs beneath his feet as he moved to the front of me and willed me to look at him. Avoiding his eyes as I turned my head to the side to look at the pond, remembering the last time I was here was with Quinn. It had been one of the best nights I could remember in a while and I smiled, turning back to face him. "I want you to be happy, it's all I've ever wanted. But I'll never forget Hoyt, I'm a vampire. No one can glamour me to forget, I'll live with the hurt forever. I wish I could erase my existence from your brain but I can't, okay. I just can't." I smiled warmly at the thought, "For the first time in a long time, I found someone who accepts me. All of me, every part." I looked down and my smile faded, "I thought that I had something special with Jason when it was an illusion...*looks back up* an illusion of my blood making him desire me. *I shook my head* It wasn't real. What we had was real, and it's made me who I am today."

I touched his shoulder and then quickly pulled back. "If you love her, go to her. If you love her, don't take her for granted. If you love her, accept her fully for who and what she is. You need a nice human girl in your life, and if she treats you right..." I nodded with a smile, "Then that's all I could hope for."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am

Hoyt listened to her words as though they comforted him in some strange way they he had not really thought about.

"You need a nice human girl in your life, and if she treats you right..."

Hoyt chuckled a little when he talked about a 'nice human girl', of course he believed that Amy was a human girl, but he was wrong.

"Yeah...... *he ran his hand through his tussled hair* Amy...isn't human. She is something else..but she ain't a vampire...no offense" he smirked.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:50 am

My forehead creased at his words but before I could answer and ask what I heard the rumble of a familiar truck and knew it was Jason. Swallowing hard, I watched as he exited his truck and looked our direction with his eyes meeting mine.

Shit.

Really?

I can do this, everything is fine. Control, keep control. Deep breath, maintain breathing, picture Quinn. Jason would go inside for his usual and she could leave knowing things with Hoyt were somewhat resolved. Yes, positive thinking.
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:00 am

"son of a bitch Andy...I am going to Merlotte's for a god damn beer! I will see you tomorrow!"

Jason ended the call and tossed his cell into the passenger seat next to him as he continued to drive down the short dirt road to Merlotte's, 4 murders and two rapes....all by fuckin vampires. He just needed a break, from everything as he saw Merlotte's come into sight. Parking his truck, he turned of the ignition and exited his truck...as he scanned the wooded area, he saw someone he never thought he would see again...Hoyt Fortenberry....with Jessica Hamby.

Slamming his truck door shut he stomped across to the pond, his eyes firmly fixed on Jessica's. He knew that Hoyt would not remember who he was.

"Bubb- Is she giving you any trouble?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am

Hoyt turned to see someone he had been seeking out...Jason Stackhouse. But as far as he was aware Jason still believed that he didn't know who he was; so now it was time to play along. He and Jessica were on the way to resolving their issues. So he wasn't about to let Jason Stackhouse ruin everything, he would have his turn.

"No, everything is mighty fine Office Stackhouse" Hoyt smiled.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 am

I clamped my mouth closed shut and didn't react to the cold hard glare Jason gave me as he stomped towards us. With my arms folded across my chest I balled my fists and dug nails into my palms, keeping my anger in check. Hoyt smiled and said everything was fine, which I must admit shocked the hell out of me. I quickly turned my head to look at him, confused then realized he must be playing along with the glamour still in effect. Good thing Jason never called me back when I left him the voice mail about having a problem. Maybe things did in fact happen for a reason. I never said a word, afraid if I did so....it wouldn't be nice words. Jason had hurt me, very deeply at that. I may have been struggling with my heart and feelings once, but nothing compared to finally realizing it wasn't just physical, I truly did love Jason. Was in love with him in fact and let my guard down, only to have him stomp over my heart like it was a Mexican hat dance. Things only worsened after we escaped the Authority Headquarters, it was never the same. His hatred for me, because of what I was only deepened and that still hurt to this day. His words that broke my soul, only to leave me as a mess for Quinn to clean up and try to repair. My eyes adverted to the ground and I remained silent.
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 am

Jason listened to Hoyt, but yet his kept kept a fixed firm on Jessica. She was the one that had ruined things between him and Hoyt. He had lost his best friend because of her. And he hated her for that, he would never forgive her.

"Well, alright. But make sure you carry around a wooden stake. And some silver. Fuckin fangers hate silver. Why don't you go on inside Hoyt. I need to talk with the fanger" he suggested to Hoyt.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 am

Hoyt hated the way that Jason was speaking to Jessica, but he was not ready to let he know that he remembered everything that Jessica had made him forget, he would wait for the right time.

"Yes Officer Stackhouse" Hoyt nodded and turned to give Jessica a lasting glance as he turned and headed towards Merlotte's, pulling as his cell he quickly typed a message for Jessica.

Soon

Soon he would meet again with Jason, soon things would begin.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 am

I watched him walk away. He...walked away and left me there with Jason. I bit the inside of my lip and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Pulling it out to read Hoyt's text of 'Soon'...what the hell was that supposed to mean? Soon, how long would he keep up this act. Why not just tell him the truth? I sighed and put it back in my pocket, placing my arms back across my chest and looked up at Jason.

"I don't think there is any more you could say to me that I don't already know. And I refuse to let your words hurt me, so go ahead...say it so I can go home. It's been a long night, okay."
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 am

Jason waited until Hoyt was no longer in sight as he fought to drone out Jessica's voice as he turned to face her.

"Listen you fuckin fanger....You leave Bubba alone. If i here you been talkin to him again. You gonna wish i staked you. You hear me?" Jason barked at Jessica, not caring about what she did too him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am

I went to say something, but stopped. Choosing my words carefully, very carefully. He was determined to make me stay away from Hoyt but little did he know that it was Hoyt who needed to see me. I smelled blood, and that's when I realized my nails had broke my own skin in my hand. It hurt slightly for a second then began to heal. My jaw was locked so hard I thought my teeth might break. Swallowing hard, I looked back up at him and just watched him. His stance was defensive as if waiting for an attack, his eyes set and determined, trying to be fearless.

All I could do was look at him. I could not speak because if I moved, if I spoke...I might just lose it and really hurt him. I had to control it, I had to. The sweet beckoning from that dark sadistic part of me willed me to let it free, to let it make him scream out in pain....but I fought it....

Hard.
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Jason took a step closer towards her as she did not respond too him, his eyes blazed with hate, his hand ready to reach for his gun if she attacked him.

"Did you hear me...fanger? You stay the fuck away from Sookie...from Bubba...and from me. Your nothing but a fanger...I am the law in this town, no one gonna miss you if you die. You got me Jess?

Jason's hand had locked onto his gun, he had released the safety ready to use. He had replaced the ordinary with wooden bullets with a silver core.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am