For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

An understanding is met....maybe

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

An understanding is met....maybe Empty An understanding is met....maybe

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 am

Sam hadn't seen Luna in a week or so and although he was able to speak with her over the phone it wasn't the same. He missed her, missed Emma, missed holding her, everything. There was this void when she wasn't around and he hated that. Removing his cell from his jean pocket, he shot her a text. {I want to have lunch, can we meet?} Pressing send, he sat back in his chair in his office and listened to the sounds of the customers socializing in the front bar area.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

An understanding is met....maybe Empty Re: An understanding is met....maybe

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 am

She had been curled up on the couch nursing a bottle of Emetrol for the crazy amounts of nausea that had assaulted her all morning when her phone went off. Picking it up, she read the text and smiled before responding. --text: Sure. Let me get dressed. See you soon.-- She groaned and rolled off of the couch, then waddled towards her bedroom. She was getting bigger, her stomach growing every day and getting more and more tight; it wouldn't be long before this baby got here and life got even more crazy. It was definitely scary, but something she looked forward to more than she ever expected. Pulling her shirt over her head then slipping her jeans up her legs, she grabbed her keys and got in her car, speeding off towards Merlotte's.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 am

He asked Lafayette to make Luna's favorite at the moment, one of his famous burgers fully loaded and fries with his chili poured on top. Smiling as he remembered craving such a thing when he was in her body, it was one of the weirdest things ever. So much had been learned and he still didn't know why or how that happened. Bringing the boxed lunches to his trailer, he asked Terry to watch the bar since the lunch rush would be in soon. Holly could handle what they had now and Sookie came in around two, things were running smoothly. He set the table and poured them each a glass of sweet tea, waiting for her to get there. He pulled his cell and text her {I'm in the trailer} So she'd know where to go. Standing on the porch and leaning against the railing, he slid his hands in his pockets and waited. Excitment growing in him knowing he was going to see her soon.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 am

She flipped through her phone and read the message, grinning when she saw that he was at the trailer; she wouldn't have to go into the bar and deal with the smoke, the people, or anything. Just be her and Sam. Pulling around back, she stopped and got out of the car, grinning up at Sam as he stood on the porch.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:39 am

He couldn't wait, pulling his hands free he started down the stairs and went to her as she closed her car door. Despite the awkwardness it might bring forth he wrapped his arms around her body and hugged her, pulling her closer to him. Inhaling the scent of her vanilla shampoo that he loved so much and closing his eyes just enjoying the closeness of her to him. He pulled back and lowered his head to look at her growing abdomen, making him smile as he slowly brought his hand down to place it on top gently. Looking back up to meet her eyes with a smile and misty eyes, now he was truly home.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 am

She grinned at him and put her hand atop of his, rubbing softly. "So.... Where's the food? Your child is hungry." The smile on his face was contagious, and her smile grew as he looked from her face down to her stomach. "Oh, and I wanted to ask you.... Do you want to find out what we're having? Or do you want to wait?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:43 am

Chuckling, he nodded and took her hand to lead her up the stairs and into the trailer. Helping her to sit, he took a seat himself and moved the chair over closer to her, holding her hand as his elbows rested on his legs. She was wearing her engagement ring again and he took that as a good sign as he ran his fingers over the diamonds, thinking about her question. -Well, I do like surprises.- He smiled and looked up to meet her eyes. -I'm fine with what ever you'd like to do, but it wouldn't bother me one bit to wait until he or she is born.- He looked down and raised his shoulders in a small laugh, -I missed you so much.- Looking back up at her he wanted to kiss her but knew they had to take things slow after everything that had happened.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 am

"I missed you, too," she said as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze and brought his fingers up to her mouth, pressing her lips against them with a soft smack. "Alright. We can wait a while. Or I can find out and hold it over your head." She smirked, then laughed, before standing. "You get our lunch ready. I'm gonna go pee, again. This child is on my bladder." She winked at him and headed towards the bathroom, thinking to herself the entire time that she was happy things were getting back to normal, but worrying about what the good was leading too. Because in their relationship... it was never good for too long.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 am

He laughed and shook his head, -Whatever makes you happy.- She stood and he followed her with his eyes, smiling as she explained about her bladded, he knew exactly what she meant and would never tease her about it again. When she left the room he opened the plates and fixed the utensils they'd need, waiting for her return. When she came back to the table he pointed to her plate and smiled. -Lafayette special fully loaded and the chili cheese fries you like so much. I never craved that so much as when I was in your body.- He chuckled, remembering what a week that had been. -So what happened while you were...uh me?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 am

She grabbed a fry and put it in her mouth, smiling at him the entire time. "Hmmm. What was it like?" She thought back to when she had been Sam and shook her head with a laugh. "I hated it, to be honest. I missed this, my baby in my stomach. And how the hell do you guys pee with an erection?" She raised a brow and put another fry in her mouth, chewing slowly before speaking again. "And speaking of erections, WHY does it just decide to pop up and say hi at the most random of things? It's outrageous!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am

Laughing and almost spitting tea when she mentioned erections and peeing, he collected himself and set the glass down. -Well, it's...- He laughed again and shook his head. -I really don't know, it just does. Mainly only when I think of certain things, were you thinking of certain things?- Now he was curious. -What did you uh...end up doing to make them go away?- He asked with a smile and took a bite of his burger, this was getting interesting.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am

She looked at him, shock in her eyes, and then laughed. "I ignored it. I mean, it wasn't that bad. It was uncomfortable, but more awkward and really I just didn't wanna mess with it." She snorted and continued eating her food, little Peanut doing flips in her stomach and moaning happily as she did so. "What about you? How was it being pregnant?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

He chewed and swallowed. -Pregnant was...well I understand completely about the peeing thing. I only piss that much when I've drank alcohol.- Chuckling he then took a sip of tea. -I uh, well I found some clothes in the trash with blood on them. What happened?- He hated to ask, but really he was concerned about her getting in a bar fight as him and he not knowing about it.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

She didn't look at him; she kept staring at her food and debated on how to talk to him. "I.... Well......" She sighed and put another fry in her mouth. "You remember the woman that you killed?" She looked up at him finally and waited for him to answer. She didn't really want to bring this up.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

His forehead creased in concern that she was bringing that up again. Would he ever get passed this, probably not. Sighed and nodded, he waited for her to continue. -Yeah....why? Luna if you're gonna say it's still bothering you I don't know what more I can do to tell you it was my only option.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 am

"Well..." She polished off her fries and took a bite out of her burger before answering. "She wasn't dead and I killed her so now she really is dead." She said it all in a rush, not looking at him but continuing to eat her burger instead.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 am

Sam thought his misheard what she said but clearly he did not. -You...wait what? I'm sorry did you say she wasn't dead and you killed her?! What did you do Luna? What happened- He set his food down and turned to her completely. Now he was really confused at what had happened, he attacked her as a wolf, ripped her throat almost completely out...how had she not died??
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am

"She was a vampire.... And she tried to kill me. And she threatened you and Emma." She met his eyes and sat her food down, not blinking when she spoke. "I did the same as you did. Except this time, I ripped her head off." She shrugged. It had taken her forever to get over it, and she'd be damned if she felt bad for doing it. When it came down to her family, she'd do whatever it took to keep them safe. "Anyways. That's irrelevant. Back to you being pregnant." She looked at him and laughed.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am

He shook his head slowly as she spoke, her trying to change the subject made him stand. -No, no...we're not changing the subject. Because you killed the same girl I thought I'd killed and for the same exact reasons too. But because you did it, it's okay. Vampire? She--she was a vampire?- He was so confused and began to pace as he tried to piece all of this together. Beating himself up for killing the woman who tried to black mail him into giving him money, now only to learn she'd killed her after realizing he was telling the truth. He turned to face her and sighed. -So now do you see why I did what I did?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 am

Her resolve was starting to snap. She stood up and stared at him. "I can see why you did it, but at least I did it RIGHT! God, Sam! I killed her because she threatened you and my FAMILY. You tried to kill her because she was seeking revenge for you KILLING HER FUCKING SISTER!" A sharp pain moved through her stomach and she fought the urge to double over, instead opting to sit down and put her head in her hands. "She was a vampire. She didn't say who turned her, all I know is she wanted to kill you and Emma and my baby and I couldn't have that, okay? So it's over. It's done."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 am

She still didn't get it, she still didn't see what he was doing and why he did it. Her face contorted into one expression that only meant pain and sat, he rushed to her and knelt in front of her. -No, listen to me.- Lifting her chin as he spoke softly and calmly so that she'd calm down too. -Luna, I killed her because she wanted to take all of our money, all of it. If I lost that money I knew I'd lose you. I wouldn't be able to tell you why I lost it and I couldn't let you find out about the blackmail. I couldn't lose you or Emma. I couldn't.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

She looked up at him, wanting to be pissed off but not feeling up to fighting anymore, either. "Sam. I am trying really, really hard right now not to hit you." She saw the look of shock on his face and continued to stare. "If you think that I am only with you because you have money, you are very, very wrong. And if I wasnt' in pain, and wasn't pregnant, I would beat you down right now." Her voice was serious, but had a hint of laughter on the edge of it. "Please. I just want to drop it, okay? I'm not ..... I don't need to fight."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

He sighed heavily and took his seat back in his chair, looking down at his food as he spoke. -That's not what I meant and you know it. Forget it.- Shaking his head he closed the box of food and stood, walking over to the front door and sliding his hands in his pockets. Where had they gone wrong? It was like they still didn't understand one another.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

"Sam," she said quietly, standing and making her way over to where he stood with his hands in his pockets. She put her arms around his waist and kissed his back before laying her face against it and inhaling his scent. "I understand why you did it, okay? I didn't at first, but I do now. I don't know what I'd do without you...." Tears slid down her cheeks and she let out an exasperated sigh before wiping them away angrily. "Freaking hormones."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

Felt her wrap her arms around his waist and lean against him. Sighing, he turned around in her arms and held her to his chest, running his hand along her back up and down. -I don't want to fight, I just want you to realize and know how crazy I am about you. I love Emma and our unborn child and that will never change. I want to marry you, I want you.- He kissed the top of her head and wrapped both arms around her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm