For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Aftermath

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Aftermath Empty Aftermath

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:49 pm

A few nights had passed since Sam had shifted, all of Bon Temps now knew he was a dog. No one understood he was a shifter and could change into anything he wished, they thought he was some kind of were-dog. He didn't bother explaining, not like anyone would listen to reason these days. The bar picked up with a few of Kiara and Alcide's workers and friends who dropped in to see the place. Luna had called to say she and Emma were coming in, they needed to talk. He didn't like the sound of that and hoped that it was nothing bad. God forbid anything else happen to their relationship with what they'd been through lately.

There weren't many customers, but it was more than last night so he was taking what he could get. When Luna walked in the door like a breath of fresh air, he grinned and walked around to greet her. Her stomach growing with his child made his heart swell with joy. Emma ran to him and he picked her up into a hug. -Hey darlin', how've you been?-

"Good, Sam. I missed you, when we gonna play barbies again?"

-Aw, soon. Very soon. I promise. Now why don't you go find a booth and I'll have Arlene bring you a burger and fry.- Emma smiled up at him as he set her down and rushed off to her favorite booth by the door.

Looking back up at Luna, he ran a hand through his hair and sighed. -Guess you heard huh?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Aftermath Empty Re: Aftermath

Post by Luna Garza Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Luna smiled at Emma as picked the booth and sat down. She touched her stomach before looking at Sam. "Lets go in your office, Emma will be alright" she said as she made her way to the back.

Once they were inside his office she turned on him. "Sam Merlotte what the hell were you thinking shifting in front of people? Fucking people can't even handle vampires, what made you think they could handle you turning into something?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 pm

He followed her to his office, asking Lafayette to keep an eye out for Emma who sat at the booth talking to Arlene's daughter Lisa who was waiting on their momma to get off of work. Lafayette nodded and titled his head out the kitchen nook watching them walk to his office. The minute the door closed, she started on him. He held up his hands in mock surrender telling himself he would not argue with her. -Luna, I thought it was a good idea at the time, I thought if I showed we're just regular people that it would be okay.-

He sighed heavily and stepped closer to her to pull her into him. -I'm sorry okay, I didn't mean to upset you. I thought it was a good idea, I was wrong, I screwed up.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm

She sighed. "I've been so worried ever since Emma turned wolf... I can't handle people hunting you now Sam" she said as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"The baby needs its father....I need him too" she whispered.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm

-There will be nothing to worry about, I swear it. I'll be here for you, for Emma, for...our baby.- With that he placed his hand atop her swollen belly and kissed her forehead.

-I love you and our family and I'll make sure nothing bad happens. Ever. You have my word.-
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Lafayette heard the commotion of the protesters in the front of the bar and Arlene huddled Lisa and Coby behind the bar as they entered with signs. "Shit.." He muttered under his breath and removed his apron quickly, stepping around the island in the kitchen and rushing to Sam's office door. "Uh bawse, you might wanna get yo ass out chere, they gots some crazy ass people with signs in the bar. It don't look pretty either."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Their moment was short lived when he heard Lafayette on the other side of the door, raising his head and listening to his words he moved around Luna quickly and grabbed the gun out of his safe, handing one to her and checking the other for rounds, popping the clip back in and sliding the top back to rack a round in. -I'll keep us safe. Don't forget that and stay right here, do you understand me?- She just stared at the gun in her hand. -LUNA? Do you understand?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Luna growled "Emma is out there Sam. I'll be dammed if I stay in here while she's in danger" she said as she cocked the gun and held it with a much more steady hand.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:58 pm

He looked over his shoulder and sighed, knowing there was no arguing with her. Stepping out the bar, he said low -Stay behind me at least, please. You are carrying my child. I don't need you hurt.- As he walked down the hall he could hear them chanting about animals are not human and some crap from the bible. Emma's small voice was heard. "My momma is a shifter and so is Sam, they're good people you just don't understand them. I'm a wolf."

Sam stepped from around the corner and put the gun in the back of his pants not to cause alarm to Emma. -Alright Emma that's enough darlin, why don't you go on to my office okay?- She turned and one of the protesters stepped forward with a torch and tossed it in Emma's direction. Sam swooped her up but some of the fire caught her arm and scorched the skin. She let out a scream and cried. He turned to hand Emma to Luna. -My office! Now!- He yelled at her.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Luna cussed loudly and jumped after Emma. Emma was crying and suddenly she shifted into her cute pup wolf form, trying to run away from the searing pain. Luna scooped her up and retreated to the office where Emma was whining and howling in pain.

"I got you baby girl... don't worry Sam will kill those idiots" she whispered, trying to console her precious daughter. Emma somehow managed to shift back to a girl, being totally naked now. Her arm was angry red and some blisters were forming already. Oh Luna wanted to go back out there and kill them ALL for this.

"Mommy I hurt so much" she cried. Luna's heart tore in half but she took Emma to the bathroom, pouring cold water on her arm to soothe it. She'd taken one of the many merlottes t-shirts in Sam's office to clothe her with.

"It's alright baby... Momma's here"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:18 pm

-Now listen up, all of you are trespassing and I'm ten seconds away from calling the Sheriff. You have two options, leave or I'll make you leave.- He pulled the gun from the back of his pants and pointed it at the crowd. One of the head men spat on the ground next to Sam.

"Think you can kill us all, dog? You won't have a chance. I'd sure as hell like to see you try though. Or better yet, why don't you turn into a cute puppy and bark at us?"

Sam chuckled and put the gun down nodding. -You know, you're right.-
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Lala watched the scene unfold and cursed. "Mutherfucker not tonight, not...to-night. I can't be handling this shit here, not with these crazy ass white folk." When Emma was burned he stepped forward and looked at the ones with the signs. "Da fuck are you crazy or somethin', that's just a little girl!"

"Far as I'm concerned she's a freak a nature and needs to be put down."

Lafayette stepped forward to knock sense into the jackass only to have Terry step in front of him and hold him back. That's when Sam reached for his gun. "Oh hell naw, I ain't gonna be no witness to murder." He grabbed a bottle of whiskey from behind the bar and twisted the lid off to take a large drink. Then Sam put the gun down. "What the fuck is you doing Sam?" He looked between the crazy ass while folk and Sam. Shit.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Sam pulled his shirt from his jeans and narrowed his eyes. -You just hurt an innocent little girl, my daughter in fact. And now, I'm gonna show you what a real animal I can be.- On a whim, he shifted into a Lion, raising a sharp nailed paw to the man and letting out a ferocious roar that made him stumble back and turn pale. Sam was grinning on the inside as the people scattered and ran from the bar. The leader that had gave him crap walking backwards as Sam stalked forward, baring his teeth and letting saliva drip from his mouth. Roaring again, the man turned and ran out.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Lafayette's eyes widened so big they almost came out his head and he drank three large gulps of whiskey after seeing Sam turn into a big ass lion. He would never fuck with Sam again or ask for a raise, now knowing what he was capable of. After seeing the effect it had on them white folk, he chuckled and shook his head. "Yeah, I guess you don't want no doggie bag!" He called out after them, laughing and slapping his leg. When Sam the lion turned to look at him his smile faded and he cleared his throat, pointing to the kitchen. "Yeah, I'm just gonna be goings cook now. Yeah."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Sam stalked back towards his office to shift back and licked his lips hungry for something rare. It was his animalistic side and he knew it. Once in his office, Emma stepped back and gasped and Luna reassured her it was just Sam. She turned Emma around and held her head to her chest as he shifted and grabbed some clothes from the coat closet in his office for emergencies. After changing he squat down and ran a hand over Emma's hair. -Are you okay, sweetheart?- She whimpered and nodded with tears falling down her cheeks. Looking down he saw the burn on her arm. -Maybe we should take her in, looks pretty bad.- Luna shot him a glare and he knew she blamed him. If he hadn't revealed himself this wouldn't have happened. He looked down and sighed. -I'm sorry, I know you blame me.-

She was about to speak when a loud boom rang through the bar. Sounded like something had exploded. He jumped up and darted out of his office to see a big dully truck had ran into the side wall of the building. -Son of a bitch!!- He watched the truck reverse and pull out, driving away as rocks and dirt flew inside the bar from him peeling out. The wall by the door, which luckily had no customers was now destroyed. He was angry, no he was fuming...seeing red he turned to look at everyone staring at him. Bringing his hands up in the air he let out his anger. -Ya happy now? I ain't never did a damn thing to anyone and this is what I get! I can't help who I am! Get out, all of you get the hell out of here.- Customers scurried out, Arlene dropped her order pad and grabbed Lisa and Coby's hand, dragging them to the back exit.

Terry pressed his lips together and put a hand on Sam's shoulder, Sam moved and shook his head. -Not right now Terry, not right now.- Terry dropped his hand and nodded. As he walked away to follow Arlene he said low, "I'm here for you man. Don't forget."

Lafayette came from the kitchen. "I know you is pissed off, but I'll do whatever I cans to help you fix it. Damn shame those redneck hicks."

Sam stood in silence staring at the damages, cursing under his breath.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am