A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Road to Rebuilding

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Sexual Road to Rebuilding

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:28 pm

It was still a long road ahead, rebuilding the wall that was destroyed by the large Chevrolet 3500 that plowed into the side of Merlotte's. Andy had taken police reports and information on the people involved and what they drove, his insurance was threatening not to pay since he was of the "animal" kind. The world had definitely flipped its lid and he was seriously regretting 'coming out'. Emma had been treated for first degree burns on her arm and on the way to recovering. He still blamed himself and although she didn't say it, he knew Luna blamed him too. Giving the night off to everyone, he needed the time to figure out what to do and where to start. There was only one man he knew could do the job that he'd need. Alcide Herveaux. Owning his own construction company there had to be a way that Alcide could help him.

He dialed Alcide's number and waited for him to pick up. When he did Sam sighed. -Hey, Alcide. It's Sam again. I ran into....a problem.-
Alcide Herveaux
Alcide Herveaux

Sexual Re: Road to Rebuilding

Post by Alcide Herveaux on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:33 pm

He wiped the sweat off his brow. He'd spent the better part of the day working hard. Some of his workers had quit the moment they had heard they were working with "animals" not to mention the secretary and the girlfriends of other guys were now eyeing him and the other wolves like they were the last steaks at the kennel.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. With a grunt he straightened out and answered.

Hey, Alcide. It's Sam again. I ran into....a problem.

Alcide sighed as he leaned against his truck. His men were still working hard, many of them doing the work of 3 or 4 since they were so short handed now.

"What is it Merlotte?" he asked. He reached for a nice ice cold beer he had in a cooler in his truck and took a large gulp.

Road to Rebuilding Jm03
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Running a hand through his hair, then took a quick sip of the glass of whiskey and set it back down before answering. -Seems some of the protesters last night wanted to make a statement. He ran into the front west wall with his truck. It's pretty much completely destroyed. I'll be willing to pay, I just need to know your rates. Please tell me you can do the job?-
Alcide Herveaux
Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Alcide ran his hand through his hair. Since the company had lost several contracts due to the whole shifting issue he was taking in jobs he normally wouldn't have.

Fuck, not to mention he didn't have the manpower to be doing this but he had to pay his guys somehow.

"Uh yeah... we'll do it" he said as he explained quickly his rates. At least Merlotte was a shifter so he wouldn't be freaking out that wolves were working around people.

Road to Rebuilding Jm03
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:52 pm

He listened to his rates and knew it was the best he'd get. Everyone in a thirty mile radius knew he was a shifter and associated him with the were wolves that caused trouble because they didn't know the damn difference, so getting the work done any cheaper would be damn near impossible. It was the best he had and he knew with Alcide doing it the work would get done quickly and efficiently.

-Thanks man. I really do appreciate the time. How soon can you start? This cold front coming through is sure to bring rain and I'd really like to avoid inside damage as much as possible.-
Alcide Herveaux
Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Alcide placed his hand over the speaker of his phone to talk to his foreman for a moment.

"I can get out there tomorrow, at least put something up so the weather doesn't get in" he said. His men weren't too happy about all the work, but they were grateful the paychecks were coming in.

Road to Rebuilding Jm03
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Sam nodded. -I think I have an old tarp out in my storage shed. I really appreciate the help, anything I can do for you just let me know. I'll even throw in free lunches on the house for all the hard work.- Standing he downed the remaining whiskey and looked at the large hole in his wall. -Guess I'll see you tomorrow. Stay safe out there, people have gone ape shit.-
Alcide Herveaux
Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Alcide rolled his eyes, ape shit was an understatement.

"You take care of yourself Merlotte. I'll be there around 8am with my boys" he said before he hung up. With a sigh he went to his truck to put in an order for more materials. At least he could tell the guys they could eat good tomorrow.

Road to Rebuilding Jm03

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:11 am