For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Waiting for news

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Waiting for news - Page 2 Empty Re: Waiting for news

Post by John Quinn Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 pm

"Well...this is awkward..."

Quinn chuckled and stepped back from Jessica.

"Thank you for coming so quickly,Kiara. I'll explain my friend later. Did you bring it?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Kiara motioned to her neck where she wore the necklace with the blood filled glass fangs.

It dawned on her now who the women were. She vaguely recalled Quinn once mentioning "the twins". That explained the smell of sulfur.

"The less I know the better when it comes to you Quinn" she said calmly as she pulled out one of the glass fangs from her necklace.

She then turned her head to Jess "He must really love you to pull a favor like this, I hope you come to appreciate the price he pays" she said cryptically.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:57 pm

I watched Kiara and Quinn talk and looked down with a small smile from her words when she walked in. I looked up when Kiara looked at me.

"He must really love you to pull a favor like this, I hope you come to appreciate the price he pays"

I looked from Quinn to Kiara. "Wha--What do you mean price?" I turned to Quinn, my smile gone. "Price? What price and when were you going to tell me?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:05 am

"Wha--What do you mean price? Price? What price and when were you going to tell me?"

Quinn sighed and forced a smile as he took the vial and looked to Jessica.

"There is nothing to tell. Kiara is making assumptions she knows nothing about. She is making a guess based on what little she knows..."

He kissed Jessica again and walked over to where the Twins were sitting. They leaned their heads back, mouths open and forked tongues flicking unconsciously. He let a drop fall into each of their mouths and stepped back, returning the vial to Kiara. He looked to Shadia and smiled as both of them had closed their eyes and were humming...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:08 am

I looked back at Kiara and sighed. "Kiara, way to give a person a heart attack." My attention went back to Quinn as he placed a drop on their tongues. I'd never seen tongues like that except on movies. When they started humming with their eyes closed I wrung my hands in front of me impatiently waiting for news.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am

Kiara grinned as she took the vial back.

"Whatever you say Quinn.... whatever you say" she said as she put the vial back into the necklace.

She figured Jessica had wept about Bill, Quinn, being the stand up guy that he was did something dangerous and stupid to appease her. She shook her head. Maybe she was getting to be too cynical...or maybe she was just to suffering loss that she no longer wept for such things.

Sure Bill was in pain, and it had been several hours since she'd last felt his pain, but again, weeping didn't help. Tears wouldn't help find Bill.

Kiara chuckled at Jessica's comment. "Ahh...to be young and naive...must be real nice" she muttered to herself. The wolf inside her was loving being so cynical. It was her best service after all.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 am

Quinn waited patiently as the Twins worked their magic. It would take more time to find him since the sample was not fresh. They would have to follow the prana back to it's source. Then they could locate Compton. As the Twins worked their trance, the humming merged into an almost rhythmic sound, as if their voices were echoing the pulse of their target...

"Kiara, I don't think you understand. Compton was taken by force. His cell phone has been destroyed and there was no contact since he went missing. That is why I am taking these kind of risks. Without a gamble, the chance of finding him in one piece...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 am

Before Quinn could finish, I'd had enough of her smart ass comments and lost it. Pushing her with force against the nearest wall, I was inches from her face with my fangs bared. "You loved him, you said you cared! What happened to that? Aren't you engaged??" I dropped my hands from her neck and retracted my fangs taking a deep breath. Looking to the side and down I stepped back and shook my head still looking down. "You say young and naive, this is what love is. Caring whether someone lives or dies!"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:25 am

Kiara looked at him with the most droll of looks.

"Bill was taken?" she asked with enough sarcasm and fake surprise to fill a stadium.

Kiara crossed her arms. "Well...you have fun with your demons" she said as she turned around.

Before leaving the room she turned to Quinn and gave him a look. "I suggest you look into Bill's.... little problem... if you want to find him" she said, hoping Quinn would get the hint about the child vampire without divulging too much to Jessica.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:30 am

Quinn ignored the banter as he focused on the Twins. He listened carefully to their whispers...

~Scents of rust and metal~

~dark and cold~

"Kiara...there are several Steel mills and foundries along the highway toward Shreveport. That might be a good place to begin if you want to be helpful."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 am

Kiara was right at the door handle when Quinn spoke. She said nothing. He was saying things she already knew. Unlike his trackers hers had fresh scents to work with.

She had already narrowed her search area by several miles, but she didn't want to reveal anything yet. She had already decided it had been Christian that took Bill and that child had already proven himself crafty and cunning.

Instead she opened the door and left them both to their toys. Her phone had been buzzing in her pants and any of those messages could mean a found Bill.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 am

I walked to the other end of the sparring room while Quinn and Kiara spoke, the soft sounds of their words and humming almost becoming background noise to my thoughts. Looking out the window into the night sky I whispered inwardly, "Where are you Bill?" Closing my eyes, I felt a sharp pain, a spark of something. It was like he was trying to call me but was in pain again. I placed a hand on the wall and bent forward a bit, squeezing my eyes shut to ignore the pain and focus on the call. I couldn't sense it, it was weak.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 am

Quinn watched Jessica walk across the room as he listened to the Twins...

~scents are strong~

~feelings of sorrow and regret...so delicious~

~someone is masking him~

~masking but not strong enough~

~time it will take to find~
    [/i]
    Quinn watched Jessica as she grabbed the wall. He could feel the pain slightly, but barely...he did not interrupt her focus.

Last edited by John Quinn on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 am

The harder I focused, the more weaker I felt. I could feel this connection, this agony and pain. Someone was hurting him, someone that he had blood ties to. I felt it deep, it hurt. I snapped my eyes open after the shiver ran through my body, causing me to feel like puking. Holding onto the wall, I sank down to my knees and spoke trying to swallow down the blood that threatened to come up. "West...towards Shreveport..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:50 am

Quinn saw her sinking to her knees, and moved to help her...

"West...towards Shreveport..."

Quinn nodded and helped her back to her feet, moving her to a chair and lowering her into it.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 am

I leaned forward and placed my head in my hands with my eyes closed. "I lost it again. I feel sick...does that help any?" I wanted a donor but I was afraid I'd just lose my lunch if I did so I continued to calm myself by taking deep breaths.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:56 am

"I lost it again. I feel sick...does that help any?"

"Confirmation always helps, Jessica..."

He pulled a knife from his belt and cut his hand, bringing it to her lips.

"Drink, Love. Drink and draw strength from my own."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:59 am

Immediately I smelled his blood and hesitated, turning my head away. It was worth a shot, and I was hungry so I slowly turned my head back to his hand and licked the blood from his palm then brought the wound to my mouth and held it there as I sucked down his blood. After I felt the nausea pass, I pricked a finger and sealed his cut. "Thank you." I said with a soft smile looking up at him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:12 am

"Thank you."

He smiled and looked back to the Twins, who were no longer humming. Their tattoos were brilliantly shining and he could hear their chanting from across the room. He walked back over near them with the knife still in his hand.

Four sets of eyes locked on the knife...and on the blood at it's edge...

"Not yet, Shadia....not until your task is done."

Shadia's chanting had stopped and her hands were busy with parchment and ink. She completed her painting and laid it out to dry and be seen, her eyes never leaving the bloodied blade.

With both voices, she hissed, "The task is complete. Payment is due, Quinn-san..."

Quinn nodded and backed away as they shifted into a two-headed cobra and moved forward. He laid the blade on the floor and stepped back over toward Jessica. He watched as the snake licked the blade clean of blood. As she finished the blood, she coiled close to herself and began to fade into shadow. A moment later, she was gone. Quinn sighed and smiled.

"Excellent...no incidents this time...and we have our map."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:19 am

"Not yet, Shadia....not until your task is done."

I heard Quinn say and I turned to look at what was happening. She was looking at Quinn like he was some sort of happy meal. If only she knew how good he was, I understood exactly her feelings if she liked blood. His was the best I'd ever had. When she placed down a paper that appeared to have a map drawn over it, I looked at the paper then at Quinn. He placed the knife on the ground and stepped back over to where I was. My eyes grew wider when she turned into a two headed snake. Payment...what was the payment, was Quinn in danger? When the snake licked the blade free from the knife I sighed relieved.

"....no incidents this time...."

I just chuckled and shook my head. "Yeah, thankfully." Looking back at the map, I knew that's what would lead us to Bill. Standing, I wrapped my arms around him and whispered in his ear, "Thank you...for everything." Now all we had to do was follow the map to his location, easy right? Please let us get there in time, please.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:25 am

"Thank you...for everything."

Quinn smiled and kissed her softly and deeply, then carried her into bed. Laying her down, he pulled the blankets over her.

"Rest, Love. I will deal with this..."

He returned to the painting, taking a picture of the map with his phone and sending it to Kiara. He looked out the window toward the west....

"It is in your hands now, Clotho...Guide Kiara swift and true. Let her find her love. Let her find Compton in time..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am