For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Not so picture perfect future

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Not so picture perfect future Empty Not so picture perfect future

Post by Luna Garza Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:45 pm

"Miss you, Peanut," she said as she dropped the daisies on top of the granite stone in front of her. It was hard to believe that her Peanut had been gone for 10 years now, killed by Emma at age 12. There were so many things that she had had planned with her two kids; birthdays, weddings, grandkids. That had all been destroyed when Emma had gotten mad, shifted and all but tore Peanut to shreds while Sam and Luna were away.

They had come home to a freshly dug grave, the smell of bleach covering the kitchen and Emma standing there with a "fuck you" attitude. All she said was "I got pissed off" before shifting and running back to where she now led the Pack in Marcus's place. Things had forever been different from there on.

She sighed and stared at the gravestone, not even noticing the sound of the screen door slamming behind her, nor did she pay attention to the sound of Sam's feet frantically hitting the gravel as he ran to her. They didn't speak much anymore; a void had come between them, just like the void in their hearts when Emma killed their Peanut.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Not so picture perfect future Empty Re: Not so picture perfect future

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Sam woke and smiled, searching the bed for Luna only to hit a coffee table. Bottles clinking as he opened his eyes and felt the pounding in his brain. Opening one eye as the other stayed closed, he saw the site before him. Cigarettes and empty bottles of Jack scattered about the coffee table and floor. His head hurt but was worse now at the confusion he felt. Standing he wobbled a bit, rushing out the screen door of his trailer. Only it was in a different location. Merlotte's was no longer his front yard.

-Luna?- He saw a woman standing there with shorter hair, graying as her body shook. He noticed she was looking at a headstone and furrowed his brows together. The screen door slammed as he ran towards her. -Luna, Luna...- When he reached her he moved her to look at him, seeing a different woman. Eyes sunken in, no spark in the eyes he once knew, tears filled her eyes and streaked her face. Her brown hair invaded with strands of gray. -What happened? Wha--what's going on?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:02 pm

She looked at him, but didn't really look at him. She looked past him, into the woods. "What do you mean, Sam? I do this every morning, you know that." Her voice was thick with unshed tears and gravely from having smoked too many cigarettes over the past 10 years. Her skin was now sallow from not taking care of herself; her hair was limp, her clothes hung loosely off of her bare frame and any curves she had had before were gone. She was a shell of the woman she had been before.

"Was just saying good morning to my Peanut is all." Her eyes went back to the grave and she sighed.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 pm

He started to say she was just pregnant when his eyes drifted to her flat stomach, taking in her appearance and sighing heavily. -Peanut?- He looked at what she was previously looking at, the headstone that read the name of their child. Reading the dates on the marker meant their child died at 12. He dropped his hands from her arms and sank to his knees in front of the grave.

-No, no, no, no....please God no.- He leaned forward and placed his head on the cement slab headstone and began to cry, letting the tears fall freely. -Luna, no...please I'm dreaming. Please wake me up. How? WHY?- He growled and stood, grabbing her by the arms and shaking a bit. -Tell me HOW! Tell me why!- He continued to cry.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

She stared at him, jerking away and growling softly. "Get your damned hands off of me. You haven't touched me in years and I'll be damned if you start now out of anger!" Her eyes finally had a bit of a spark again, but it wasn't one of enjoyment. It was one of fury.

"Emma. Emma is what happened. Is that what you wanted? To hear me say, yet again, that it was my daughter that killed your child? Because Emma has never been ours since then! SO yes, it was MY daughter that killed Peanut!" Tears fell down her cheeks and she turned on her heel, storming towards the house and towards the one thing that never, ever disappointed - her liquor.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Sam just gaped at her and watched her yell at him, jerking away from him with heated eyes. Eyes he remembered when she was angry. -Luna...I..wait...- She continued to yell. -Touched you...- He was confused. He'd just been laying in bed with her, it was all a dream, it had to be.

"Emma. Emma is what happened. Is that what you wanted? To hear me say, yet again, that it was my daughter that killed your child? Because Emma has never been ours since then! SO yes, it was MY daughter that killed Peanut!"

Her words stung him, Emma the one he looked at as his own, she...she killed their child? When she stormed off and left him alone, he sank back to his knees and placed a hand on the stone where their child's name was engraved. -Please, let me wake up. God please.- He looked down at his left hand touching the stone to see a wedding band and knew they must have married, but from the way things were he could tell their marriage wasn't exactly...good. How did all this happen, and why? Was it like when they switched bodies? Was he dreaming? It couldn't be real. Tracing the letters, he continued to cry wishing he remembered something, anything. There was a void in his chest and the one thing he craved right now was alcohol. What had he become, what had happened to them?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am