For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

It's Our NATURE!

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

It's Our NATURE! Empty It's Our NATURE!

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 am

I pulled into the drive of the cabin and shut the engine off. Sitting there for a minute before heading into the house. Closing the door behind me I head into the kitchen to warm a blood. I'd refrained from ruthlessly killing anyone to my amazement, and shook my head. I was in no mood for anything. Confusion still overwhelmed me. *ding* Opened the microwave and grabbed the bottle of warmed B positive. It was different, still disgusting ass in a glass but I really didn't care at this point. I leaned against the counter as I took a sip of the awful substance. My mind replaying tonights events. I tried to be romantic for her birthday and surprise her...but I got a surprise of my own. She was going back to Russia, and I couldn't make her happy. There was a knock at the door and I looked up from my thoughts.

I made my way to the door and opened it to see Sookie standing there. I rolled my eyes, in no mood to argue about Eric or whatever it was she wanted to talk about.

"Can I come in?"
    I stood there looking at her for a moment then moved aside to let her enter. Before she could turn around and speak I said "Look Sookie, I'm really in no mood tonight...so what ever it is you've come to say, how about we raincheck...kay?"

She turned and looked at me. "Is Eric out of town or something? He wasn't answering his cell....

"What am I Eric's keeper? Am I supposed to know where he is 24/7? Maybe he's out somewhere hunting and screwing, like we did last week. I don't know Sookie! He's wrapped around your finger, so I'm sure he'll come running back."

She stood there with an expression on her face. I chuckled in amusement. "Oh, what...did you think you were enough? He'd only feed on you...only screw you? It's.our.nature.Sookie. Deal with it."

I turned to go back into the kitchen really not wanting to deal with this.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

It's Our NATURE! Empty Re: It's Our NATURE!

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 am

<I didn't know what to say.> Wha..... What?! When did that happen? <Eric.... had cheated on me? Last week... Was that why he had taken me to that chocolate shop? I followed after her into the kitchen, confusion clear on my face.>

What's going on, Pam? Where is he? <I knew I wouldn't get an answer, but I still had to ask. Chances of me getting him to answer the phone were slim to none and I kinda didn't want to see him at the moment. Crap on a cracker.>

You know what? Forget it.... <I looked at her as tears welled up in my eyes, turned on my heel and walked towards the front door>
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 11:46 am

I listened to her slam the door on her way out and I turned and screamed throwing the bottle of True Blood against the wall. Blood and glass went everywhere, droplets of blood slid down the bright white wall. I screamed again and sank down to my knees. Eric would never forgive me. He didn't deserve what I had just caused him. My head fell into my hands as I sobbed. The pain of losing Vik, the pain of what I felt having to share Eric, and the pain of hurting Sookie. As much as we had our differences, I didn't want to hurt her...I don't think. I felt like shit and sat against the counter pulling my knees to my chest. I hadn't cried like that since Eric had dismissed me after shooting at Sookie. Looked like history would repeat itself.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat May 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Eric finally returned to the cabin. He was exhausted, cranky and couldn't reach Sookie on her phone. This either meant she was asleep, OR pissed at him and was ignoring her calls. He groaned as he entered, craving some real blood, not the bottled kind, but he'd have to make due with a royal. He went to heat it up, running his fingers through his hair
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 3:56 pm

I heard the door open as I sat there sobbing like an idiot with my knees drawn to my chest. I figured it was one of the maids, until I caught his scent. I looked around the kitchen and saw the glass and the blood. This would not turn out well. Here goes....The worst was yet to come. The only thing that would fully break me was losing Eric, and that might happen.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 pm

He took his warmed up blood and headed to the den. He spotted Pam; blood tears on her cheeks "Pam.. what has happened?" he asked, seriously not needing another crisis after the night he had. He sat down across from her, taking a sip of the blood and making a face, seriously wanting to be around a human for the sole purpose of feeding
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm

I sobbed more before looking down, gathering the courage to tell him. I'd rather him hear it from me. "I-I...I'm a horrible person and I don't deserve to live."
    He looked at me confused as to what I was saying. I wiped the tears away, never liking to show this side to him. It was weakness, and if I were weak, I couldn't make him proud.

"Viktoria has decided to go back to Russia, and I've hurt her because I can't be....monogamous."
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 pm

He blinked and moved to sit beside her "Now now Pam...it isn't in our nature to be monogamous.." he said softly, kissing the top of her head "There will be others who come along" he said as he wrapped an arm around her, trying to soothe her. Pam would probably be the only vampire he would soothe like this. She was special to him after all
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I shook my head as tears streamed down my cheeks, knowing once he heard this...the worst...he'd never speak to me again.

"That's not all......"

The bond between a maker and progeny are sacred things and you never betray trust or secrets...and I had told Sookie about our hunting spree.

"Sookie...came by...earlier. *looked away* I was...really upset. *shaking my head* I took it out on her. She knows....*looks into his eyes, feeling my heart shattering* She knows about our hunt."

I left it at that, knowing he'd know exactly what I meant.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat May 12, 2012 4:18 pm

He blinked, for a split second seeing rage flash through his eyes before he gathered himself. He knew Pam was never like this. She would NEVER betray him unless she was truly distraught, like when the witch had cursed her to rot.

"Pam... I know you are not like this, so I am willing to overlook this.. but you've cause me a great problem. Now I know why she has not answered my calls" he said with a sigh. He kissed her cheek bone, even licking up the blood tears

"I've had a long stressful night.. we both have.. and perhaps it would be best if you went to ground now while I sort myself. I do not want to hurt you over this, but I fear my anger is only being held back by hunger"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm

I nodded looking down. "I'm so sorry, Eric. You've said yourself...it's not our nature....why do you try so hard?" I asked shaking my head. I didn't understand his loyalty to a human. I didn't understand how he'd willingly die for her. Give up his freedom...for her.

I saw the rage in his eyes and decided to shut up. I exhaled a breath and stood. It was then I noticed a piece of glass in my hand. Cursing I turned to the sink to wash the blood away and yank the shard out. I'd heal, but it would take longer considering I hadn't fed in a few days.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm

He sighed "To answer your question.. it is because I am this old. I spent over 900 years alone before I made you. Even in my human life I had no one. My wife, my children, I was never there for them. I was a warrior, nothing more. I've grown tired of that life Pam. As human say...I want my cake and eat it to.. I want to be a vampire, who is not tormented by his existence"

He stood "I'll bring in a donor for you.. I'm sure you haven't fed" he said as he pulled out his phone and made a phone call
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm

I looked down and listened closely to his words. Meeting his eyes as he spoke of what he wanted. "I want that too....or wanted it." Shaking my head at the thought. Who knew if I could ever be monogamous. I tried, and it didn't seem to suit me. Or maybe I hadn't tried hard enough. I nodded as he dialed for a donor.
    "Thank you Eric. For taking care of me."
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Sat May 12, 2012 4:35 pm

He gave her a soft smile, a smile that was reserved only for her "You're important to me Pam. You've been my companion for the last hundred years.. and that isn't going to change any time soon" he said as he kissed her forehead and took his bottle of Royal to his room. He tried to phone Sookie once more and got no response. He growled, throwing his phone to the wall

"Dammit!"
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Sat May 12, 2012 4:43 pm

I heard him go upstairs and shut his door. He hadn't staked me, didn't seem upset. I hadn't lost him, but I knew he felt angry...I could feel it. I jumped as I heard him curse as a thud hit a wall. Vampire hearing...sometimes, I wish I didn't. I had to make it right, but there was a possibility of making it worse. The knock at the door snapped me from my thoughts as I made my way to the front, stepping over the blood and glass. Opening the door, I smiled as Deborah, a middle aged donor woman entered. She was perfect, no one to lust for, no one who craved sexual attention from a vampire. Just a meal. Thank you Eric. I smiled and ushered her in as I got ready to feed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 am