For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Appointments and Preparations

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Appointments and Preparations  Empty Appointments and Preparations

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed May 22, 2013 9:12 am

He woke earlier than he needed to strictly because of nerves. Today was one of Luna's last appointments before the baby came. She was so close to her due date in late June that he felt his heart speed up at the thought of being a father. Emma was like a daughter to him, but this would be a newborn. He'd never had to deal with a newborn....ever. Sitting on the edge of the bed while Luna continued to sleep peacefully, he tried to push yesterdays newscast he'd seen out of his mind. She didn't need the added stress of it all.

Sneaking out to make a pot of coffee and breakfast while she slept to pass the time until it was time to leave, he slowly walked towards her kitchen. He'd had so many plans to get things done before the baby was here. A home for all of them, a new home. A nursery. At this moment they barely had anything purchased and he'd be spending his time here with her. There was no doubt that the trailer was too small for all four of them to live comfortably. He kicked himself for allowing so much to interfere with him getting the things he set out to get. Rubbing his forehead, he started to make the eggs and let the oven preheat, his mind racing.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Appointments and Preparations  Empty Re: Appointments and Preparations

Post by Luna Garza Wed May 22, 2013 9:29 am

She woke to the smell of bacon cooking on the stove and the scent of toast in the air with it. Her stomach rumbled and she laughed as her hand ran over it. "Shhh, there Peanut. We'll feed you soon enough."

Sam had seemed restless all night long, which had caused her to not get much sleep either. To be truthful, she hadn't been sleeping well at all lately. The baby was riding low and causing her lots and lots of unpleasantness. Rolling slowly so she could get off of the bed, it took her a few tries before she could get to her feet and head to the kitchen, her nose leading her. "Sam? Wh... why are you up so early?" She yawned and went to the fridge, pulling out the milk before grabbing a glass to pour herself some.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed May 22, 2013 9:35 am

He jumped slightly when she spoke wrapped up in his own thoughts. Chuckling softly as to not wake Emma up, he smiled and turned to face her. Bringing his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him, her basketball stomach in the way of how close they used to be able to get he grinned.

-I just couldn't sleep. Thinking a lot. The baby coming right around the corner. Nothing to worry about, I'm sure it's just first time father jitters. Are you hungry babe?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 am

Luna scoffed and rolled her eyes before playfully hitting Sam on the shoulder. "Are you kidding? Hungry? When am I not hungry?" She laughed and rubbed at her stomach before yawning then sipping her milk.

"It's normal to be a bit nervous. I mean, hell, I'm nervous too. Being a mom again? Labor isn't any fun, either. I'm not really looking forward to it." She yawned again and leaned over the pan of bacon, inhaling deeply and fighting the urge to pick a piece out of the pan to eat.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 am

Sam ushered her over to the table and made her sit as he fixed her a plate of her favorites and set it before her. He fixed his own and took a seat next to her. -I guess it's normal, I'm just afraid of the unknown. Will I make a good father? Be any good at this? Screw up? Hell I don't know how to change a diaper.- He chuckled and took a sip of the coffee he'd fixed then grabbed her free hand while she chewed on bacon, not daring to pull the food away from her. He'd learned...never ever do that.

-I just want to make sure the ones that mean most to me are protected and safe, and I just feel like with everything going on, protecting you may be harder.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am

She shook her head and gave his hand a squeeze as she chewed on another piece of bacon. He was such a good cook, much better than she was. Even Emma admitted to it. "Everything will be fine, Sam. Trust me, you are going to be a wonderful father. If you weren't, I wouldn't have let you knock me up." She winked at him and took a sip of her milk, really wishing that it were coffee.

Luna held his hand a bit tighter and smiled at him over her glass. "Everything is fine, I promise. I love you, Mr. Merlotte."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed May 22, 2013 10:59 am

Nodding he tried to believe in her words that everything would be okay, but still he worried. She was still being shown all over the news and he didn't know what kind of effect that would have on them all. Things had changed, he could feel it deep within himself. Coming out may have not been the wisest choice, doctors wanting to examine supernaturals and test them. He didn't want their baby to end up that way, in some testing facility to figure out why they are the way they are. He chewed his bacon and gave her a smile to reassure her that he was okay, but inside...he wasn't. Just keep looking forward to good news today, is all he could tell himself. Things would be okay...they had to be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 am