For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Messages Empty Messages

Post by Vincent Davis Fri May 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Vincent looked at the screen, startled by the face he saw in it.

"Ms. Grace. It has been a long time. How may I be of service?"
    Grace Mehra
    Grace Mehra

Messages Empty Re: Messages

Post by Grace Mehra Fri May 31, 2013 8:22 pm

Grace smiled at his formality. That had always been part of his charm, as had been his loyalty to Jonathan.

"Vincent, I have actually called on business, but with a personal touch. My archivist told me you asked for the elixir recipe we use to cure Jonathan. Did he have a relapse? Has something happened? Is Jonathan alright?"

She tried to hide the concern in her voice but even she was not foolish enough to think that he would not notice.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 pm

"Vincent, I have actually called on business, but with a personal touch. My archivist told me you asked for the elixir recipe we use to cure Jonathan. Did he have a relapse? Has something happened? Is Jonathan alright?"

Vincent was a bit flustered at her directness. She had always had a way of putting him off guard.

"It was primarily for information reasons, Grace, research on a local problem with V addiction."

He prayed that she would believe his bluff...
    Grace Mehra
    Grace Mehra

Post by Grace Mehra Fri May 31, 2013 8:30 pm

"It was primarily for information reasons, Grace, research on a local problem with V addiction."

"Vincent...you have never been a good liar, especially to me. If you say he is fine, where is he? Where is Jonathan? Where is my Ajit? Produce him or I will be on the next flight from Pitampura and on your doorstep before you can hide from me!"
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 pm

"Vincent...you have never been a good liar, especially to me. If you say he is fine, where is he? Where is Jonathan? Where is my Ajit? Produce him or I will be on the next flight from Pitampura and on your doorstep before you can hide from me!"

"Miss Mehra...seriously. Mr. Quinn does not come at my beck and call, but if you will calm down, I will see if he is available."

Vincent began to sweat....if she came here....and Miss Hamby......oh my...that could be bad....

"I will come back to the screen in a moment. I will see if he has the time to visit with you."
    Grace Mehra
    Grace Mehra

Post by Grace Mehra Fri May 31, 2013 8:35 pm

"I will come back to the screen in a moment. I will see if he has the time to visit with you."

Her eyes dropped to slits at his words...

"Vincent Armand Davis, you will produce him or I'll..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 8:39 pm

"Vincent Armand Davis, you will produce him or I'll..."

Quinn chuckled from his place at the doorway.

"Vincent, the deliveries are coming in. Please see to them while I speak to Miss Mehra."

He smirked at the look of gratitude he saw as Vincent rushed down the hall.

"Now, Grace, perhaps we can adapt a more civil tongue? What has you in such an uproar?"
    Grace Mehra
    Grace Mehra

Post by Grace Mehra Fri May 31, 2013 8:42 pm

"Now, Grace, perhaps we can adapt a more civil tongue? What has you in such an uproar?"

Grace unconsciously shifted her weight as she brushed a stray lock of hair from her face.

"I apologize that you had to hear that, Jonathan. He was being evasive. You know how much that infuriates me. Vincent asked one of my people for something with very few uses....should I be scolding you instead of him?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 8:46 pm

"I apologize that you had to hear that, Jonathan. He was being evasive. You know how much that infuriates me. Vincent asked one of my people for something with very few uses....should I be scolding you instead of him?"

Quinn walked up to the monitor and set the cane aside. He glanced at the floor for a moment when she asked him about the relapse before lifting his face and looking her image in the eyes.

"I had a relapse. It happened so subtly that I did not realize it until recently, but that is not really that important. As you can see, I am fine. Now on to more pleasant talks. How is Hakim?"
    Grace Mehra
    Grace Mehra

Post by Grace Mehra Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 pm

"I had a relapse. It happened so subtly that I did not realize it until recently, but that is not really that important. As you can see, I am fine. Now on to more pleasant talks. How is Hakim?"

Grace's face lit up at his question.

"Oh he is doing fine. The instructors at his school say he is doing Quite well. He often asks if 'Pappa John" is going to be coming back soon. He does miss you alot."

She unconsciously wrapped her empty arms around herself.

"He is not the only one, Jonathan. I too miss my Ajit. You were a force of nature in our lives. You brought new hope and handed it out like candy. I miss our long nights, Jonathan. I miss that most of all..."
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Bill was still sequestered downstairs in my safe room and I needed to check on Quinn. It had been a full four hours since I had left his place. Arming my home again and making sure it looked as if someone was home, I set out to his place. I was excited to see him again, especially after last nights events. He was so possessive, so aggressive and I loved that side of him and what it brought out in myself. Thinking of it brought a smile to my face that wouldn't go away.

I drove into the estate gates with ease, now that security had clearance to allow me through. Things were getting back to normal slowly, maybe I had overreacted and thought the worst. I couldn't wait to see him, hug him and kiss him. Of course make sure he was okay, I thought I broke him. Vincent laughed and reassured me I just exhausted him with him recovering and all.

"Hey Vinny!" I said as I moved past him in the hall going to search out Quinn.

"M-M-Miss Hamby, wait, I--he's on a call."

I waved my hand. "I won't disturb him." Giving him a wink, I continued past him despite his protests. When I got close to the office, the door opened I could hear him speaking but I also heard another voice.

I peeked in and saw him speaking to a screen but could not see who he was talking to.

"Oh he is doing fine. The instructors at his school say he is doing Quite well. He often asks if 'Pappa John" is going to be coming back soon. He does miss you alot."

Pappa John? I knew she wasn't referring to the pizza place and...and....no, no I was over thinking it. It was a woman's voice, soft and with a small accent. She continued,

"He is not the only one, Jonathan. I too miss my Ajit. You were a force of nature in our lives. You brought new hope and handed it out like candy. I miss our long nights, Jonathan. I miss that most of all..."

'Our lives' who was in that equation? I assumed, but I couldn't act impulsively and barge in...maybe what he would say next would make me understand. Long nights....she meant work, working long nights. She had to...and even if...even if not...I mean she was his past....but why was he talking to her? Focus Jessica...I leaned against the wall just outside his office and continued to listen.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Quinn picked up Jessica's scent as she came down the hall. He noticed she stopped but had bumped the door. He smiled a bit more, knowing she was curious.

"Be sure you give him a hug from Poppa John when he comes home. Tell him that I miss him too. I keep tabs on his education, but he doesn't need to know that. His University fees are already covered when the time comes, Grace. I promised you I would look after him, even if I am not there physically."

He reached up and touched the monitor with affection.

"You gave me back my life when there was nothing left of me, and for that I will always have a place for you in my heart."

Messages Grace_10

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 9:34 pm

"Be sure you give him a hug from Poppa John when he comes home. Tell him that I miss him too. I keep tabs on his education, but he doesn't need to know that. His University fees are already covered when the time comes, Grace. I promised you I would look after him, even if I am not there physically."

Yeah....that didn't clear a thing up. Not.a.thing. If anything it made my mind whirl more on what the hell was going on. Did Quinn have...have a kid? Surely he'd have said something. Surely...he would not keep that from me....would he? And who was she to him. I'd never heard the name Grace except maybe once but I thought she was just an employee...clearly she was more.

"You gave me back my life when there was nothing left of me, and for that I will always have a place for you in my heart."

My body tensed and I closed my eyes, repeating over and over in my head that he loved me, I was Koibito. I was his girlfriend and he loved me. HE'd said it over and over, he had to mean it. I didn't want to interrupt his call, but then again I did. I had to wait, show some respect and show him that I trusted him. I couldn't listen anymore, my emotions were running a mile a minute.

Slowly and quietly I moved to the bedroom and opened the sliding glass door that led to a patio area. I had to take a breath and breathe, not that I needed the air, but I needed to compose myself, calm myself. I could not jump to conclusions. I had to be mature about this, but my brain was screaming 'WHO THE FUCK IS SHE'. I gripped the wooden banister tightly and felt it begin to crumble in my hand.
    Grace Mehra
    Grace Mehra

Post by Grace Mehra Fri May 31, 2013 9:40 pm

Grace smiled at his words.

"That's is sweet, Jonathan...but from what I understand you have a new love. One who you placed a ring on. I must say I am not surprised to hear she is a vampire, but to think that you care that much for her. It is good to see that your heart still beats strong. Do us both a favor and tell her about your past...all of it. She deserves to know and if you love her as much as you seem to...nothing should be a secret. Tell her of us, and why we are close. I could hear her in the hallways as well as you. You do not want her jumping to the wrong conclusions. Be truthful with her. I will get back in touch when I can. I may have some updates for you on the elixir. We have made some improvements from the methods of the past..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm

"That's is sweet, Jonathan...but from what I understand you have a new love. One who you placed a ring on. I must say I am not surprised to hear she is a vampire, but to think that you care that much for her. It is good to see that your heart still beats strong. Do us both a favor and tell her about your past...all of it. She deserves to know and if you love her as much as you seem to...nothing should be a secret. Tell her of us, and why we are close. I could hear her in the hallways as well as you. You do not want her jumping to the wrong conclusions. Be truthful with her. I will get back in touch when I can. I may have some updates for you on the elixir. We have made some improvements from the methods of the past..."

Quinn nodded.

"It is time she knew about you. About both of you and why you hold a piece of me."

Quinn shut the monitor off and stood from the chair. It was not hard to guess where she was. Every servant and maid was gone from the east hallway. Her scent spoke of confusion and anger. Perhaps he should have told her of Grace before, but how do you explain to a vampire that you knew someone willing to drain dozens of vampires to save your life? This should be an interesting discussion. He walked the hall, following her scent until he found her on the landing. He saw the crumbled cedar and chuckled. He spoke softly as he walked out to join her.

"I've been thinking of switching these out for redwood anyway. How was your evening, Jessica? I was a bit surprised when you were gone when I woke. I thought that was my trick..."

He flashed a grin at her, trying to brighten her mood...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm

"I've been thinking of switching these out for redwood anyway. How was your evening, Jessica? I was a bit surprised when you were gone when I woke. I thought that was my trick..."

I'd been so enveloped in my own thoughts I didn't hear him approach, now for a vampire...that's saying something. When I heard the deep voice behind me I turned quickly, the wood dropping from my hands as I chuckled. "Oh...uh hey...I didn't realize my grip on it. Oops. Um, well I had...I had some things at my place I needed to handle. Nothing important." I smiled an d laughed at his trick comment. Pulling a strand of hair behind my ear, I looked down and avoided his eyes. He would read me like a book, I had to act normal. Lifting my gaze to him I walked up to him and pulled him into a kiss, placing my hands on the back of his neck and back.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Her kiss both surprised and electrified him. He wrapped his arms around her, drawing the kiss deeper as she melted against him. When they parted he flashed her an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry about earlier. Overseas call I had to take. Hope the things at your place were not a result of my little...umm...problem."

He held her close, looking in her eyes, trying to figure out what she was holding back...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

I smiled and shook my head, "No don't apologize I understand...work comes first. Anything important?" I quizzed trying to sound...normal. "As for your...problem, no. Seems trust is hard to come by these days."

I realized what I said and the irony of it and quickly added, "I had some guard issues, but it's resolved."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 pm

"Yes...Vincent told me about your visit from the cleaners. He failed to mention details but I'll trust there was nothing earth shattering about it. You are safe and that is what is important. As to the call, it was someone who helped Vincent with a severe medical issue. Drastic steps were taken, but she is part of why I am here today. Her little brother, Hakim, found me after Demona and Russell left me for dead. Grace and Vincent had to get pretty creative, from what I understand. Eventually the treatment did what it needed to, but it had some rather nasty side effects. Grace was instrumental in creating an elixir to help resolve that issue."

He looked out into the woods.

"The recipe for that elixir is what Vincent based his on. She called because of my failure. My weakness. One of her archivists got the information for Vincent but he also reported the request. I was there a long time recuperating and the family and I got very close...I could go into it more if you wish, but that is the shirt version..."

He turned to Jessica.

"she was right about one thing though. For US to work, there can be no secrets. That is why I am telling you about her. I don't know what you heard, and I don't care how much you did. No secrets means no secrets. you keep none from me, so why should I have any from you? She saved my life, and because of that she and I will always have a connection."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 10:12 pm

I listened to him explain about the elixir and how it came to be. Why she contacted him and who she was. It explained, but it didn't. After he stopped speaking, I was silent for a few minutes, taking it all in. I looked at his shirt and fixed the lapel since it was crooked before clearing my throat and giving him a nod that I understood.

"I understand, I'm grateful she helped you in the past and seemed concerned of your welfare." I swallowed a lump in my throat and looked up at him, searching his eyes. "You say close, do you mean you loved her?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 10:17 pm

"You say close, do you mean you loved her?"

He sighed and looked into her eyes.

"We never knew. We knew we had close feelings, but we never explored them. We were part of two very different worlds. It never would have worked out for us. She was promised to a good man from a wealthy family, and I was not going to let myself come between her and the life she had been destined for. Once I was strong enough, I left. I have visited on occasion, but those visits have become more and more distant. We have both changed since then too much. The connection and affection will always be there, but nothing more. Did I love her? I honestly cannot say. Was it possible? If I had stayed, it might have been, but I was not going to do that to her."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 pm

It sounded familiar, we were once in that same predicament. Exploring our feelings and seeing what was there. Was I now holding him back from finding out if he truly had real feelings for this woman? What if he did, what if she was better for him. If she was human she could give him far more than I could, no matter that he preferred vampires. I looked down and stepped back until my legs hit the chair. I fell onto the seat and stared into space thinking, my mind racing.

"I love you Quinn, and I just...I want you to know...if you think, or feel...or wonder about it....well, I understand. I'd wait for you, after all you waited for me." I shrugged and looked at my hands. "To be sure, that I'm what you want. I mean...I would understand."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 31, 2013 10:30 pm

"I love you Quinn, and I just...I want you to know...if you think, or feel...or wonder about it....well, I understand. I'd wait for you, after all you waited for me." I shrugged and looked at my hands. "To be sure, that I'm what you want. I mean...I would understand."

He smiled, looking in her eyes and he brought her hand up, lifting her ring to eye level.

"My choice is made, Koibito. I crossed that road a long time ago and have no concerns about that choice...or this one. ~he tapped her ring~ I made a very clear choice when I gave you this ring. A choice I do not see myself changing. The world would crack and crumble before that happened. I love you. Not I might, not I could, but I do."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 10:38 pm

I looked up as his footsteps got closer to me. Looking at my hand that he brought up to my eye level, the diamonds sparkling under the light of the moon, I felt my gut clench.

"My choice is made, Koibito. I crossed that road a long time ago and have no concerns about that choice...or this one. ~he tapped her ring~ I made a very clear choice when I gave you this ring. A choice I do not see myself changing. The world would crack and crumble before that happened. I love you. Not I might, not I could, but I do."

I stood and placed my right hand on his cheek, my left remained in his hand. "You don't know...how...how much that means to me to hear you say it. To know...I do hold your heart, just as you hold mine...even if it doesn't beat." Running my thumb against his prickly cheek, I closed my eyes and let out a breath. I chuckled and shook my head, "I...I don't know what to say to that, other than I love you too."

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Fri May 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Vincent walked out onto the landing with a syringe in his hand.

"My apologies, Miss Hamby, but Mr.Quinn's treatments must be kept precisely on schedule."

He looked at his watch for a moment then pressed the needle into Quinn's neck, pressing the plunger and pulling the needle out with brutal efficiency.

"Again, My apologies about the timing...feel free to go back to whatever you were doing before..."

Vincent walked back into the hallway, chuckling...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 am