For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Trouble brewing.

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Trouble brewing. Empty Trouble brewing.

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:29 am

Vincent glared at the face of the Marriott's manager on the screen.

"What do you mean he never arrived? You knew he did not arrive and check in and yet you did not have the common sense to call and inquire why he had not checked in?!? Are you all bloody imbecillis there, or is it just you?"

The man's face blanched as Vincent spoke. He watched at the proper little man turned red in the face as he spoke. Vincent felt his face flush and paused a moment to regain his composure. No point in being uncivilized. He thought carefully before continuing.

"We have always considered your hotel a safe and responsible location and until now we have had no reason to consider other offers. Perhaps it it time that we did. The Hyatt Regency has been making a very generous offer as of late. Once this is resolved, perhaps I should give them a call."

Vincent flipped off the screen without waiting for the cretin to respond. He sighed as he thought about what he had to do. This was not going to be enjoyable..the man gave him chills...He walked over to the small chest in the corner of Quinn's office and pulled out a wind chime made of bones. He hung it outside the window of Quinn's office and waited as the breeze caught it, tapping out an eerie song. This time he did not have the luxury to be afraid. This time he was on his home ground, though for some reason the guards gave him no comfort...he had to find Mr.Quinn...

Anton Logan
    Anton Logan

Trouble brewing. Empty Re: Trouble brewing.

Post by Anton Logan Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 am

Anton smiled as the notes carried on the wind to him. He had sensed something stirring in the wind, but this was a surprise. He tucked the stake Quinn had given him into his pack and headed toward the mansion. The guards were easy enough to avoid with the talismans he carried and he easily entered the house. As he walked the hallways toward the main office, he had to chuckle at some of the items along the walls. As he walked into the office itself he was brought up short to see not Jonathan Quinn, but his manservant standing there waiting on him.

"As I live and breathe, I never thought I'd see the day that you actually wanted to see me again, little man..."
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 am

"As I live and breathe, I never thought I'd see the day that you actually wanted to see me again, little man..."

Vincent was startled when the man walked down the hall instead of approaching from the outside. He shuddered at the man's words but pushed it aside. He had more important things to consider.

"I assure you that I would not have brought you into my Master's estate without good reason. I have just been informed that he and his companion did not arrive at their destination. The cretin at the Marriott decided to wait several days before checking on things, so that has put a bit of a time issue on things. Mr.Quinn has been without his medication for close to a week now, and the effect on him could be...unpleasant. I need you to find him. I do not care how...and you can name your price after the deed is done. Just find him and bring them both home safely."

Vincent stepped back quietly, unsure of how to proceed further...
    Anton Logan
    Anton Logan

Post by Anton Logan Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:45 am

"I assure you that I would not have brought you into my Master's estate without good reason. I have just been informed that he and his companion did not arrive at their destination. The cretin at the Marriott decided to wait several days before checking on things, so that has put a bit of a time issue on things. Mr.Quinn has been without his medication for close to a week now, and the effect on him could be...unpleasant. I need you to find him. I do not care how...and you can name your price after the deed is done. Just find him and bring them both home safely."

Anton grinned at the irony. The little manservant did indeed care for his Master. He nodded quietly as the little man spoke and let the man's request hang in the air for a minute before responding...

"Little servant, you could not know how amusing your offer to set my own price really is, but I will find your Master. Ask no questions on how as I am not sure you would enjoy the answers, but I will do what must be done. I will need to gather a few items from his belongings but I will be able to do so."

He grinned at the little man's discomfort but had to admire the man's resolve. He was clearly terrified, but still doing this...
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:15 am

Vincent did not even bother to try to hide his distaste for the man as he spoke.

"Do whatever you must, just bring him home. No matter what, bring him home..."
    Anton Logan
    Anton Logan

Post by Anton Logan Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 am

Anton grinned as he headed toward Quinn's bedroom to get what he would need. He called back over his shoulder...

"You will have your Master back soon...I have my ways. I'll even try to bring back his little red haired playmate as well."

He chuckled to himself as he began to plan things out in his mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm