For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Choose

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Choose Empty Choose

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:23 pm

There was a rush, a blur of sirens...red and blue lights everywhere like being on an acid trip, except there were no happy feelings on this.

"Her BP is dropping"
    "We need to intubate"
    "Pulse is dropping... get ready with an IV"

Why was everyone yelling? where was she? Kiara tried opening her eyes but they felt like they were weighed down with lead. What had happened? She last remembered fighting off some vampires. Hands were all over her body. They felt cold, hurried. No...she didn't want a rough touch. Why couldn't they be nicer?

"Doctor we're losing her"
    "Heart can't pump, theres blood in the pericardial area"
    "Shit... get ready to open her. Scalpel!"

Why were they so loud? Kiara felt like she was falling into water. the lights were getting fainter, blurred. Every now and again something would try and pull her back to the surface. No....I don't want to go there... the water was so nice.. the pain was gone. It had felt like forever since she hadn't had a migraine.

"Doctor, we got her chest open, heart is beating"
    "Nurse, call the OR, these marks... she's bleeding in her brain. We need the Neuro Team"
    "Doctor! We're losing her again!"

There was a loud beep. Why was it so loud? Couldn't they see she wanted to sleep? She wanted to move away, curl around something. Why couldn't she move? And where had all the lights gone? things were dark...but she liked it dark.

A pair of arms wrapped around her. She knew these arms, the scent of male and aftershave that clung to them.
    Pappa.....

"Get ready to shock. Everyone clear.... 3....2...1....."
    "...we have a pulse but its weak"
    "Where the hell is that OR room?!"

Kiara turned. Her father was there, ever the southern handsome man. Followed by her mother. She wanted to weep. How look had it been since she'd seen them so close?
    Mom....Dad....   oh how she wanted to stay here. It was peaceful, but something kept pulling her away. NO! She didn't want to leave this place.
    "Kiara...." she turned her head, a voice calling her name, a voice she didn't know. A woman appeared from the inky blackness of this sea. Dressed in period clothes she reminded her of Judith... if Judith ever had a soul and a heart and wasn't a total ass.
    Who are you?
    "Kiara... my name is Caroline..and we don't have much time"

"Sir we're losing her again"
    "Call for 3 more units of O neg...god her chest won't stop bleeding"
    "We're almost out of blood Doc... she's the 12th vampire victim"
    "Do what you must! She killed all those vampires, she deserves to live!"

Caroline? Who are you? Kiara was confused. How did this woman know her? And what did she mean much time? She was with her family, she had all the time in the world now.

"Kiara I am William Compton's wife...when he was human. He is in pain.. and I cannot comfort him. Kiara...you're dying...and you must chose. Stay here in this world....or return to the mortal realm"
    She was dying? how could she be dying? everything felt so nice here. Again with the pulling.. why did people want to take her away?

"Get ready... everyone step aside.... 3....2...1...CLEAR!"

Kiara looked around, the inky black sea felt like velvet and again something pulled her back from the embrace of her father.

"Choose Kiara... Will you stay here away from your mortal pain? Or return...and give my William what was so cruelly stolen from him?"

Kiara looked at Caroline. She looked so sad and so young... Bill had never spoken of his human wife, and to think his maker had given him a vampire with almost the spitting image. He must have really suffered. But Bill was beyond her reach. How could she save him now?

"Still no pulse doctor!"
    "Shock her again! up the dose to 130 joules."
    "Ok ready.... 3...2....1. CLEAR!"

"You don't have much time to choose Kiara... " said her mother.
    "Whatever you decide... know that we love you baby girl" said her father.
    "I won't blame you if you wish to stay here...you've suffered enough" said Caroline.

What was she going to do?

"We got a pulse! get her to the OR now!

Was she going to chose Bill and all the pain of living? Or the sweet surrender of death?

"Doctor!"
    "Shock  her now!"

"What will you chose?"
    "What will you chose?"
    "What will you chose?"

Kiara looked around, again the tugging but it was getting lighter. The sounds she heard were getting fainter. Was that cliche light supposed to come now with the tunnel?

Her hand fell, the ring slipping off her bloodied finger to the cold hospital floor. The doors to the OR closed with a nostalgic finality to them.

"Tell me.... what should I chose?"

Choose I2vy9j

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am