For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Tiger is missed...

Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

The Tiger is missed... Empty The Tiger is missed...

Post by Vincent Davis Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 am

Vincent sat at the computer, reading over reports from the EEE contacts in the Middle East. He frowned as he scanned the reports looking for any mention of Mr.Quinn's arrival. He had not been able to sleep since he heard about the incident at the airfield. Now there was no sign of Mr.Quinn anywhere. Had he been taken? Had he changed his plans? Was he gone? Vincent shuddered at the thought of the effect those vials could have if Mr.Quinn took them while he was flying. He had been trying to leave the little redhead out of things. She had been through so much lately...

"I guess there is no getting around it. She my have resources I cannot access...and she would know if he was...gone..."

He pulled out his phone and carefully typed in a simple message, though a cryptic one:

"Ms.Hamby, When it is convenient, I need to speak to you on a matter of mutual interest. A certain feline friend has gone astray and I could use your assistance in finding him and bringing him home again. Warmest thoughts..."

He returned his phone to his pocket, hoping that the worst was not true...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

The Tiger is missed... Empty Re: The Tiger is missed...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:30 pm

She was just about to see about Bill when her phone vibrated on the table before her. Turning to look at it as it lite up, she grabbed it and looked at the text.

"Ms.Hamby, When it is convenient, I need to speak to you on a matter of mutual interest. A certain feline friend has gone astray and I could use your assistance in finding him and bringing him home again. Warmest thoughts..."

"Bill...are--are you okay?" She stood and asked as she looked across the hallway into his office where he stood with his back to her. He just gave a nod. He'd been like that for a while now, just thinking he said. Nodding and stepping back, she moved to the door and stepped outside for a moment. Opening her phone, she placed a call to Vincent hoping that nothing was wrong. Quinn had been in her thoughts lately and now that he was missing, it only worried her more.

"Vincent...it's Jessica. What's happened?"
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Vincent felt his phone vibrate and pulled it out. Seeing who the call was from, he answered it

"Vincent...it's Jessica. What's happened?"

"I am a bit concerned, Miss Hamby. I know you have a lot on your plate, proverbially of course, but I wanted to touch in with you to see if he had been in contact. My resources in the Middle East say he never touched down in India or anywhere else in that region. It is, understandably I think, causing be a good bit of concern. You know what was done to those vials. If he took them while he was flying...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:27 pm

She listened to Vincent's concerns and closed her eyes, trying to 'sense' him. Feel him or...anything. There was nothing, it was like foggy almost. You can sense something there, far away, but not be able to see it through the white clouds of fog. She opened her eyes and sighed.

"I don't....I mean I can't....it's not clear. There's like something blocking it, it's like this haze or something. He's alive, that I know....but I can't tell where or anything else. If he did take the vials it could be affecting our bond. Don't you have any trackers on him or something? I mean you're pretty high tech right, don't you have some kind of GPS on something?"

Her freak out meter was rising and she feared the worse. He was alive, but in what state of alive he was, she did not know.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:07 pm

"I don't....I mean I can't....it's not clear. There's like something blocking it, it's like this haze or something. He's alive, that I know....but I can't tell where or anything else. If he did take the vials it could be affecting our bond. Don't you have any trackers on him or something? I mean you're pretty high tech right, don't you have some kind of GPS on something?"

"I am sorry, Miss Hamby, but Mr. Quinn has apparently disabled the devices you mentioned. At least knowing you can still feel him is something...thank you for that. As for high tech, he went off the grid on purpose, though for what reasons, I do not know. When he left his cell phone behind, I knew something strange was going on....but now I am not sure what to expect....again, thank you for trying. I will let you know if anything changes..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:35 pm

"Thanks Vinny. I'm glad you let me know. I've been....well....preoccupied with Bill and...I'm sorry. I want to be there for him and I know I can't. I promise if I feel...like...you know, something bad happens...I'll let you know. I swear it. If you hear from him, just tell him...tell him to check his email and if um, something happens to me...just know I liked you Vinny, and I think you're great. Sorry, I'm being weird aren't I?"

She chuckled and wiped her eyes.

"Anyway, if I can do anything don't hesitate to call."
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Vincent paused....then spoke slowly.

"Miss Hamby....is there anything I do to assist you? You seem distracted...more than usual. Mr. Quinn mentioned there had been some issues with your Maker. I hope it is nothing too severe. Please get in touch if I can help with anything..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:57 pm

"I--no uh...it's fine. Just some things we have to get....used to. So much is happening with humans and vampires and well, Bill feels....well he feels an obligation to help." She swallowed hard remembering his words about how she would meet the true death.

"Things are fine, I'll be fine. I'm sure I'm just overreacting. I better go now, Bill needs me." She watched as Bill walked towards the front door. Was he crazy? The sun would be up any minute. "Bye Vinny!" She hung up abruptly and rushed to his aide curious about what he was so focused on now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am