For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Reflecting On Past Times

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Reflecting On Past Times Empty Reflecting On Past Times

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Reflecting On Past Times Empty Re: Reflecting On Past Times

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 pm

~Past Reflections On Time - With Sookie Stackhouse~

Beer bottles clinked together, bright lights shone through the glass windows lighting the car park. Laughter of men and women echoed through the walls as Bill Compton stood just out of sight, hidden beyond the trees.

He had hidden behind the long branched of a weeping willow tree. The sound of music bounced of every wall from a stereo, as the sound of pool balls broke through the music.

The bar was busy tonight, as people talking, cheering inside filled my vampire ears as he began to slowly step out of the shadows. Dirt and stones crunched beneath his feet as he emerged from the trees, a gentle breeze in the air caressed over his skin in cool waves.

"MERLOTTE'S BAR AND GRILL"

The sign shone brightly through the dark night as Bill walked over slowly to the door. Conversations became clearer as he stood on the opposite side of the wooden door. As a vampire, he could feel every heart beat drum through my ears. Every humans blood course its way through their veins, the sound of pure ecstasy.

He had to fight back a growl as he slowly reached for the brass handle of the wooden. Bill pushed on the door and entered slowly at a human pace. The door was blocked off by a stained glass and a wooden frame partition.

He could hear the sound of forks and knives scrap porcelain plates and the humans enjoyed the bar food. The smell of what they were consuming filled his nose, he could taste in his mouth, dry ash was the known taste as many vampires had come to know it by.

Bill stepped into sight, and as the humans caught his scent of that of a dead rotten corpse of an animal. They had turned all of their attention to him. As though a spotlight had been turned and been placed on him.

The sound of a pin drop could be heard as the humans gasped as they had just come to see their very first vampire.

*It was seen all over the news that Vampires had come out of the coffin almost 2 years ago now*

But in this backwater town, this was their first encounter with a vampire since the news broke out world wide. Turning to look at the humans that surrounded him. Some dressed in plaid shirts and blue wash jeans.

That was not something too my taste, dressed in a sort of pale brown jacket, and a mild white shirt, and creased dark pants. Not the outfit that would fit in, in a town like Bon Temps.

Bill could feel many of their hearts begin to race as he slowly made his way over to an empty booth by the window.

Thump thump...thump thump...thump thump...thump thump...thump thump....

Bill could feel their blood in their veins as the heart pumped it faster around their bodies. The sound echoed in his ears, the sound of violins.

Among the sound of the racing beating hearts was one that stuck out like a sore thumb as humans phrase it. The heart beat had remained the same.

Thump thump..............thump thump..............thump thump.........

He had zoned into that sound, and found it of a young blonde hair woman. Her hair shone as bright as the sun in a clear blue sky, her skin looked as soft as ripen peaches.

Her eyes caught his own, his eyes caught hers as he honed in on her. Leaning into the table, her eyes shone brightly in these lights in this place.

The humans had begun to talk among themselves once again, although he could feel their eyes burning into him as though a hot poker had singed his cool pale skin.

He continued to stare at her as she as him, then after a moment she turned from his sight........

"Oh, my God! I think Merlotte's just got its first vampire!" she spoke excitedly.

Bill smirked a little as he caught the softness of her voice, almost angelic like as his hands clasped together as he remained fixated on her.

"Hi, and what... what can I get for you tonight?" she grinned as she held a pad and pen ready to take his order.

"Do you have any of that synthetic bottled blood?" he quizzed.

"No, I'm...I'm so sorry. Sam got some a year ago, but nobody ever ordered it, so it went bad...you're our first...vampire"

"Am I that obvious?" he grinned.

"I knew the minute you came in" she chirped cheerily.

Reflecting On Past Times 48773410
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Two nights later, shortly after first dark, Bill Compton made his way to the Stackhouse home in his Cadillac to pick Sookie up. As he parked his car, he could see that Sookie's car was gone, and Bill could feel that she wasn't near. Bill made his way up the front steps of the porch to ask Adele where Sookie was. After knocking on the door, Adele invited him in. He hesitated just outside the door

"Is Sookie home? I was to take her out this evening"

Adele gestured inside again.

"She'll be back shortly, she had to stop by work to pick up her paycheck, please come in and wait"

He nodded his acceptance and followed her into the sitting room, once again taking a seat on the sofa. Adele took a seat on the arm of the chair in the corner.

"What are your intentions with my granddaughter?" she asked.

He struggled to keep the surprise from showing on his face. Her question made some sense; she was after all the matriarch of her family, so it was her duty to inquire about suitors' intentions with her granddaughter. Still he considered his answer carefully.

"I find I quite enjoy your granddaughter's company, and wish to know her better. I would like, at the very least, to count myself as a friend to you, as well as your granddaughter" he replied slowly.

Adele nodded, almost to herself.

"Where is it you are taking my granddaughter tonight then?"

"A bar in Shreveport" Bill answered cautiously.

"That vampire bar I've heard about?" she asked arching an eyebrow. It seemed Sookie came by her shrewdness honestly.

"Yes, ma'am, it is"

"Was this her idea or yours?" Adele continued to question.

"It was Sookie's idea, I thought it best that I accompany her there" he answered truthfully. Did she know what Sookie's motives were?

Again, Adele nodded thoughtfully. Perhaps she did know what was going on with Sookie.

"I had thought as much" she confirmed. "Sookie may be a bit naïve yet, but I haven't lived as long as I have by being naïve. It's dangerous taking Sookie to a vampire bar isn't it? Because of her ability?" she said pointing to her forehead.

He said nothing for a moment, wondering how much Sookie had told her grandmother. Adele sensed his hesitation and continued, "Like I said, Mr. Compton, I may be old, but I'm not naïve. I know if anyone would notice how different my Sookie is, it would be someone who's different them self. Sookie seems more comfortable around you than she is around most people, although I think she's still a bit … hesitant about your particular nature" she said carefully. "But my Sookie deserves to have some good in her life, and if you bring her a bit of happiness, then so be it. I want you to promise me something Mr. Compton."

Very shrewd, he thought. "And what would that be Mrs. Stackhouse?" he questioned curiously.

"Please, call me Adele" she said, then shifted before continuing. "I want you to promise me to look after my granddaughter, not only tonight, but in the future. I've got this feeling like her future is about to change quickly now, and I'm not sure if she's altogether ready for it, Mr. Compton."

"Then please, call me Bill, ma'am" he told her.

Bill paused for several moments, considering her request. He would not lie to himself, regardless of whatever his situation might become with Sookie, he liked Adele. He liked her strength of character, her shrewdness, her bluntness, and her protectiveness of Sookie. He wondered what it was like to feel so fiercely protective of someone.

"I will look after her" he answered.

Bill's vampire nature rebelled at the thought; it was dangerous to make such a promise, to potentially put himself in harm's way. Perhaps it was whatever part of humanity that clung to him being that wanted to know what it felt like to be and feel protective that answered her. Either way, she looked pleased with his answer.

Before either of us could say more, we heard Sookie's car pull up. Bill had been too focused on their conversation to notice Sookie's approach, but now he could sense her now.

As she walked in through the front door, Bill felt myself flush with anger. She was wearing a very tight, very short, very revealing white dress with red flowers on it. It was a beautiful dress, and she did look beautiful in it. But Adele's words came back to him. He had just promised her that he would look after the girl.

Bill may have originally wanted to show off Sookie at Fangtasia, but he knew now that would be a mistake. The way Sookie looked she was sure to garner attention, and most likely, the wrong kind of attention. His emotions continued to war within him, the darker side wanting, needing, to show her off and tell all the world that she was his. But he had made a promise to Adele, and as crazy as that promise might be, he was determined to at least try and keep it now.

"Is this all right?" she asked, her voice anxious. Apparently he was letting too many of his emotions show through.

"Yes" he answered, struggling to keep his voice even. Visions of the scores of vampires that would want her, flashed through his mind. Bill wanted to prove to them all that she was his, but he knew this was a mistake now. Sookie would not understand, and he doubted she would be pleased with him telling a bar full of vampires that she was his.

"Anyone with a brain in his head has got to admit that Sookie is one of the prettiest girls around" Adele said, her voice underlined with a steel force.

No doubt—but that is precisely the problem if you truly wanted him to protect her, he thought to myself.  

"Oh, yes" still struggling to keep his voice steady. Nothing ever seems to go as he planned it with this girl.

He could feel displeasure coming off Sookie in waves. "Shall we go, then?" she questioned stiffly.

"Yes. Good-bye, Mrs. Stackhouse. It was a pleasure seeing you again" Bill answered, standing up and moving towards Sookie.

"Well, you two have a good time. Drive careful, Bill, and don't drink too much," Adele warned him.

Bill felt his eyebrow raise, wondering if she meant Sookie or himself. "No, ma'am," he answered regardless.

They would soon be in Fangtasia...To discover if a vampire was involved in the murders of two young women in Bon Temps...But overall, Bill knew. He knew that he was falling in love with Sookie Stackhouse.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:58 pm

He could feel her heard racing in his chest, the feel of her hands across his broad back, the softness of her lips against his cooled lips. He had never felt like this before, it was a complete new sensation.

Reflecting On Past Times 6a00d8341c9e5b53ef0176160f3b2d970c-500wi

"No, not the neck" Sookie pleaded softly.

Sookie cried out at the delicious pain of his fangs piercing the skin of her breast. Bill could feel the blood leaving her veins. He released her flesh from his mouth and brought his head up from her breast, knowing that Sookie's body couldn't give much more. His brilliant blue eyes gazed into Sookie's as he thrust himself into her. He dipped his head down and licked the wounds on her breast as he continued to thrust into her warmth, a growl lingering on his lips.

Bill arched his back and with a primal growl, he hit his peak of climax as he released into her, throwing his head back as his fangs pierced the thin layer of skin on his lip.

"God, Sookie, are you alright?" His concern was evident on his face as he asked, his breathing still heavy.

Sookie was able to manage a small nod, her brain still unable to function after such a powerful orgasm. He stared down at the two small puncture wounds on her breast and cringed slightly. Despite the vampiric nature of desiring blood, he couldn't stand to see her hurt. He dipped his head down and licked the wounds lightly before placing a gentle kiss over them. She simply tangled her fingers in his dark hair, thankful beyond words that he was still alive. After all the death she had experienced recently, she couldn't stand to lose this man… or vampire… whatever. Sookie needed him, whatever he was. She lightly pulled his head from her breast so he could look at her.

"I was so scared that I lost you" I began as silent tears filled my eyes. He brought his left hand up to cradle my face and I couldn't help but sigh at the touch.

"I would never leave you" he said, blue eyes darkening again with lust "Sookie" he began in his thick drawl, "I am so sorry. I should not have treated you that way"

"What are you talking about?" Sookie asked truly confused.

"I forced myself upon you" he continued, the pain evident in his voice.

"Bill, you did no such thing" It was more a statement than a reassurance. She was definitely a willing participant. More than willing, in fact. Perhaps it was his blood in her that caused her to react this way, but when she saw that it was him emerging from the damp soil, she couldn't contain herself.

"Bill" she continued, "You have nothing to apologize for. I'm supposed to be the innocent southern girl and here I am, delighting in the fact that my vampire boyfriend just ravaged me in a graveyard. You're alive, and that's all that matters to me"

"But, Sookie, you must understand" He wasn't going to give this up easily. "I lost control of myself. I haven't fed in two days" He was really struggling with this. "I've gone longer than that, but when vampires don't feed regularly, we fall prey to our nature. It's called 'bloodlust' for a reason. Not only did I feed from you, but I took your body – something I should never have done. And for that, I'm sorry"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Bill gently rubbed the tight muscles in Sookie’s shoulders as they waited for the tub to fill.

"Ummmm" She murmured. "That feels wonderful"

He continued massaging, working out the knots, feeling the tension release as warmth flowed back into the loosened muscles. He reached the hem of her t-shirt and she raised her arms so he could pull it off.

Reaching behind she pulled the ponytail holder from her hair and shook it out. Bill ran his fingers through, untangling the strands. He brushed it over her shoulder out of the way and resumed rubbing her back, unfastening her bra and letting it drop to the floor. The steam from the water glistened on Sookie’s tan skin. He kissed her shoulder tenderly.

"I think the water’s ready" Sookie said. She slipped out of her shorts and panties and stepped into the tub. She sank into the water and smiled at him. "What are you waiting for?"

Bill shucked his clothes and slid in beside her, pulling her to him for a kiss. She was quiet tonight, and he wondered if something had happened after he left the bar to upset her.

"Did Sam ever show up tonight?" He asked finally.

"He came in and went straight to his office" Sookie said. "I didn’t see him again until I went back to get my purse. He’s distracted and upset about something, but he isn’t talking, at least not to me"

"And that bothers you?"

"Bill, he’s not just my boss, Sam’s my friend. I know you aren’t crazy about that, but I’ve known him a long time, and he’s been good to me. Between he and Tara both acting weird, and Jason with this stupid anti-vampire kick, I’m feeling a little, oh, I don’t know, lonely, I guess"

"You have me" He nuzzled her neck, taking in her scent.

"I’m so glad" Sookie said, leaning back to kiss him. "But it doesn’t help much during the day"

"No" Bill admitted. "I suppose not. But know that you are always at the center of my thoughts, wherever I am"

She turned to face him. "Do you sleep or is it...different?"

"I don’t know. I suppose it’s like sleep, although I never dreamed until now"

"What do you mean?"

"Since I met you. I have...dreams....thoughts of you that come to me while I am...in the ground. That has never happened before that I recall. There is something about you. More than meets the eye"

"Maybe it’s just because you love me" Sookie smiled.

Bill nodded slowly. "Maybe so"

Certainly he had never loved anyone, human or otherwise, since becoming a vampire. His feelings for Lorena were a mix of hatred and fascination, but not love. His love for his wife and family endured, but was too painful to allow to the surface. There had been no other woman who had captured his heart until now. Perhaps that was why he dreamed.

Sookie had awakened something in him, something he thought was gone forever. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. She leaned against him, her warmth seeping into him. She was so fragile, so human. Somehow he would keep her safe, somehow he would make sure that this woman, this love, was never snatched away as his human life had been so long ago. He would protect her at all costs.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Could he really do it?

Sookie Stackhouse had once meant everything to him, and part of him would always love her, even though she was with Eric Northman. He had been her first everything in life, she had shown him a new way to embrace his life as an immortal. Showing him that everything could be seen in a complete new light.

But she was no longer 'his'

All he had now was Jessica, his bond with Kiara was almost gone as they had not shared blood for quite sometime, no doubt she would have heard of his new change and chose to stay away from him, ending everything that they once had. He was still the same Bill Compton, only different. His vision plagued his mind of seeing Jessica burn;

Reflecting On Past Times TrueBloodS06E02-2925

He would do anything to save her, he had no choice.

His mind was made up.

He would not loose Jessica, he would save her. She was all that Bill had to keep him sane; remind him of what he once was. Her blood would save Jessica, it would save them all. He knew what he had to do, excusing himself from Jessica as he claimed that he had some business to take care off and that he would be back, he headed towards the only person that could save Jessica. He would make her come with him, her blood was the key to saving the vampires. It did not take him long to cross the cemetery between there homes...

Reflecting On Past Times Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShwM14hq4QPO63JUlVtLu4IACmOLinj7ndxTtSNoJ2v8IuxcHFKA

Sookie would come, willingly or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm