For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Losing Control

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Losing Control Empty Losing Control

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:34 pm

I can't believe I lost control like that. I mean, I thought I had it under control. Things were going great and then...they weren't. I had come to really like those girls, they were sweet. They were...me. I mean they reminded me of me when I was their age as a human. Innocent and sweet, completely oblivious to the dangers that surrounded them. We'd given each other mani pedi's and were talking boys when things just went south.

It all happened so fast, one minute I was trying to make sure they didn't leave and no one would listen, then my anger escalated and my fangs dropped.

The smell of sweet honey invaded my nose and I could no longer fight the urge I'd been fighting all night. My resolve crumbled and I gave in to the temptation. One by one, I slaughtered and sucked their blood until I couldn't any longer.

After I realized what I'd done, I broke even further. Red tears streaking my face as I looked at their limp, lifeless bodies and prayed, wished, hoped and begged to the Gods that there was a chance they survived my rampage.

Bill's face, his horror.

"I thought it would be you, but all along it was me." My words striking my own heart, realizing the danger to them, the predator, wasn't Bill...it was me. A wolf in sheep clothing, I lured them, I hurt them...I killed them.

I am the monster, not Bill. After that I rushed to my room and now here I sit, writing my thoughts to you guys. I don't know how I'll ever get over this...they weren't just faeries, they were people. People who didn't deserve what I did to them. My whole body tingles like it's asleep, but in a good way. My skin is semi warm, I feel warm on the inside. Just like I used to feel when I'd drink hot cocoa in the dead of winter. That warmth in your chest.

I couldn't even wait for Bill to answer my question...if they were alive. I was freaking out so bad I just ran, and now I'm just afraid to go down to hear my worst fears coming true. How could I have been so reckless, so careless? I've disappointed myself as well as Bill. I just know it.

I better go and face it now....guess I'll talk to you all later.

<3 Jess

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am