For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Homecoming News

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Homecoming News Empty Homecoming News

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Kiara lifted her head as the pilot announced they were landing in New Orleans. She’d left Texas with a bit of a sour note, as Isabel had not been too happy she wasn’t taking her offer to become her personal assassin. Kiara had no desire to become anyone’s servant and so with a call to her own confidant she had chartered a private plane out of the Lone Star State in the middle of the day. It would be a short trip but it at least let her take a short nap.

Homecoming News 23rpg9l

The only person she could have trusted to know her plans, everything from faking her death, to her medical plans had been Glenn. He was like all alpha wolves, but yet he wasn’t. For one… he was gay, which flew against his alpha personality. He was fast, deadly, cunning, yet he despised violence. He preferred saying inside, running his own business and spending his nights with his better half Logan. Since homosexuality wasn’t looked on with favor in most packs it was how she’d come to know him. A friend since her early teens he had been a sort of big brother figure to her. He’d been the one she’d asked Taylor and Sawyer to find the moment she escaped Russell Edgington’s camp. It was he who had given her the starter for her business. And now, it was he who knew that she was alive, not dead how the state of Louisiana saw it.

In fact, it was his boyfriend Logan who was piloting the plane that was taking her back to Cajun Country. Another wolf Logan was soft spoken and more of a Beta wolf. Brilliant in all things mathematics and physics, got his pilot’s license at an early age. Like all homosexual wolves he too had been rejected by his own pack. Long story short Glenn had met Logan and Kiara had offered them shelter and work at her company. In turn she had gained two wonderful friends who she could actually trust. She never had to worry about them making advances on her. But because of their own lifestyles she kept her friendship with them quite secret.

“Buckle up lil bit we’re landing soon” said Glenn. Only he could get away with calling her “lil bit” considering he towered over her. But she didn’t mind, it was a very older brother thing to do.

“Thanks for this again Glenn… you know how I hate bugging you guys” she said with a soft smile. Glenn chuckled. “You quit all that talk… we’re family and family looks out for each other” he said as the plane began its descent. Before she knew it the plane touched down. It taxied to a private hangar where it parked. Logan exited the cockpit, followed by Glenn. Kiara was the last one to get out of the plane. Glenn and Logan were not only taking out what little luggage she had but also unloading the cargo of the plane which held her car.
    It was just pass 3pm and the bit of clouds reduced the glare of the sun. She had much to do and very little time. She knew Rapahel would be looking for her as soon as the sun went down. Not to mention she had received some disturbing news concerning little Sophie. She knew she had much to do but she had to prioritize. As much as she wanted to see Bill and check on her own business she made Sophie a priority first, then she’d go kill Raphael before he got any ideas THEN deal with everything else.

As her car was unloaded along with what little luggage she had they piled in. Glenn took the wheel, Logan took the backseat where he stretched out and Kiara took the passenger seat. They drove off the small airport.

“So…whats been going on during my sabbatical?” asked Kiara. Glenn sighed and Logan growled in frustration.

“The Governor went bat shit crazy… against everything supe” he said. Kiara turned her head with a quirked brow. “Oh trust me….” he began before she could even ask her question. “…it’s bad. First he set a curfew for all fangers. They’re not allowed out at night. Second theres no true blood… literally. We went a few weeks with a lot of vampire violence. True blood returned just a few days ago but….” He said as he turned to look at Glenn.

“Don’t trust it lil bit. We bought a case to check out the competition and it smells funny, even for true blood. They tampered with it somehow but our tests are inconclusive, mostly because we don’t know what to test for” he said as he drove.

Kiara leaned back in her seat. “Shit… what else has happened? Anyone out the wolves to the public?” she asked.

Logan shook his head “Not yet… that idiot shifter who showed up on tv has put everyone on alert. We’ve seen a rise in pro and anti supe groups. Mostly anti. It hasn’t helped that the Shreveport pack has been acting stupid and raising even bigger suspicions” Kiara shook her head. It figured that Alcide would be a failure as pack master. This is why she hated packs. They were volatile groups that seldom used their brains.

“What about our group?” she asked. Glenn smirked. “They’re doing good. We’ve housed a few of them in the compound since they feared for their young, but everyone else has done great. We had to let several donors go since any vampire related business has been raided, but since our donors didn’t look like fangbangers they blended back into society quite well” he said.

Kiara nodded. So her bottom line would take a hit, but if what Glenn said about the true blood is true, her business would bounce back quickly. Right now though she had to see what the true blood supply was being tampered with.

“Kiara…I feel I should tell you about your boyfriend…” began Glenn. Kiara looked at him. Still she wore her engagement ring on her hand, its weight providing a silent comfort but now…

“We recovered footage from that warehouse in New Orleans… he’s doing some crazy ass things. Not to mention… we believe he may have killed the Governor” he said.
    Kiara felt her stomach drop. She knew when she’d left that Bill had been acting crazier and crazier. He had been so obsessed with Lillith it had changed him but now… how much different was he? Was he the man she loved? She shook her head. She would deal with her love life…or perhaps lack thereof later.

“Lets put Bill in the back seat for now… what about my house?” she asked.
    “All the changes were made… that house is more secure than fort knox… and still looks quite nice” he said with a smirk. Kiara chuckled. She could only imagine how her home looked now after letting these two remodel it.

“Joking aside, the perimeter is safer. We raised some areas, added several look out posts. Already several of the other wolves have signed up for volunteer security detail” he said as he looked at her.

“So tell me about Sophie…the girl I asked you to watch” asked Kiara, finally wanting to get all the things she’d heard straight.

Glenn, never one to pull punches got straight to the point. “Her parents and that social worker Mel are dead. Killed by vamps the very night you told us to go check on her. It looks like the vamps smelled your boyfriend on the girl and figured her and the adults were fair game”

Kiara cursed. “Tell me Sophie is alive” she said, looking at them both. Logan nodded. “The girl is alive…but she’s devastated. I hate to say it but we had to medicate her to get her to even sleep or eat. She keeps asking for her parents, for Mel, for you and….for your boyfriend”

Kiara quirked a brow “She’s been asking for Bill?” That was odd, she didn’t think Sophie would want to see a vampire after vampires killed her parents.

“Yeah… we don’t get it either, but between crying for her parents she asks for you two. Obviously we didn’t think it safe or sane to hand her over to your boyfriend” said Glenn.
    Kiara nodded. “Where is she now?”

“In your house. We’ve had round the clock security. Thankfully since the state thinks you’re dead and that your house was sold they haven’t come bothering us yet” said Logan.

Kiara nodded. “Good, first things first… food. I’m starving, and I’ll need plenty of sweet treats to get Sophie to calm down. She shouldn’t be on drugs. Second, we go to Sophie and keep her safe, if possible make it so the state thinks Sophie is dead too, she’ll be safest that way. And third…” she said as she looked at them both. “I need my old training course set up….I have vampires to kill”

The boys nodded as they had just pulled up to her newly renovated house. As they stepped out she took a deep whiff of the wind. With the now longer driveway, the gates and all the trees and greenery it was near impossible to detect all the outposts and the wolves in them. Even the pool at the front was strategic in its placement; the water was perfect to collect scents and ensure people were who they were.
    Homecoming News 28qsoeaHomecoming News X5w769

“Kill vampires?” asked Glenn. “Dare I hope you’re going to get rid of that krikkin boyfriend of yours?” he asked.

Kiara rubbed the ring on her finger. Already she had plans, for Bill, for others and her emotions were in turmoil. But one thing was for certain… she will have to confront Bill sooner rather than later… and it was not going to be pretty.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:56 pm