A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Homecoming

John Quinn
John Quinn

Sexual Homecoming

Post by John Quinn on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 am

Quinn looked out the window as the car pulled onto I-20 to head for Bon Temps. He was not sure what to expect, but he needed to see familiar faces. He needed to make sure people he cared about were OK. Most of all, he needed to show Arabella that they were not alone in the world. He hoped he was making the right call in heading for the shifter's bar. He glanced next to him and saw the nervous expression on Arabella's face. He squeezed her hand and smiled.

"It will be fine, Ari. These people have known me for a long time. Even with the changes that have come about, they will still know me. You are my progeny, so they will accept you as well. Just remember what I have told you. You do not feed unless given permission by me. That goes for ANY donor. You might be sensing creatures that are more than human tonight and have to maintain your control."

He smiled and squeezed her hand again to reassure her.

Homecoming Tumblr_lv4kvok6a11r3wf7mo1_500
Arabella Trillo
Arabella Trillo

Sexual Re: Homecoming

Post by Arabella Trillo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 am

She listened as he reminded her of his instructions and smiled as he squeezed her hand. He could tell she was nervous. He reminded her yet again about there being other creatures. This was part of what had her excited. She was hoping to learn more about them and make Jonathan proud of her. She would do her best to act as she believed he wanted.

"Of course, Jonathan. You told me about those we might run into but you are also nervous about this homecoming. Almost as nervous as I am, I think. I trust you though, and know things will work out. If they are as good of people as you tell me that they are, then they will accept the changes and treat you no differently. I am looking forward to tonight."

She slipped under his arm and curled up next to them, watching the scenery fly by as they went toward Jonathan's home town. She said the name again in her head...Bon Temps. She likes the sound of it.

Homecoming Arabel11
Kiara Griffen
Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:02 am

"You were right...he did show" said Logan into the headset.

Kiara grinned. She may not make the best choices when it came to men she dated but more often than not she was good at predicting their behavior. Case in point... Quinn having been spotted on the way to Bon Temps.

As she turned sharply and headed to cut him off she knew she'd have to reach him before he reached that area. After all she was supposed to be dead and it wouldn't help if she showed her face around, but Quinn needed to know what was going on, not to mention the small fact that vampires were all around sick and roaming around like bandits. She put her foot down, urging her camero faster. If she could time this right Quinn would spot her car, stop and they could talk a bit. Her world may have gone to shit in a shit basket but at least Quinn, one of her few friends was alive and that counted for something...right?

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1759-before-you-get-there

Last edited by Kiara Griffen on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

Homecoming 10sakoy
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:15 am

Sam stood behind the bar and wiped down a tumbler when he turned to see Arlene in the corner, staring at the kitchen hatch. He was surprised to see her here, so soon at that.

-Arlene, why don't you go home for the rest of the day, the week if you need it.-

He hated seeing her so sad, so...unlike herself. All she could do was nod and leave her pad with him. This was harder than he thought.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Post by John Quinn on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Quinn sighed. So it seemed that much had happened while he was gone, even things he had been unaware of. This should be interesting, he thought as they pulled off at the Bon Temps exit. He watched as everything became more familiar and smiled a bit. He squeezed Arabella's hand and began pointing things out to her as the rolled towards town. He could see Merlotte's sign in the distance and knew that the moment was getting closer. After the meeting with Kiara, he was even less sure what to expect when they arrived.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:19 pm

He watched Arlene leave and Holly walk over to him, a sad look in her eyes. "Still taking it hard? I can't believe she came in tonight, I told her I'd watch her tables."

-Death is never easy, Holly. Especially a man like Terry.- Sam lowered his head and sighed softly, wishing he could have done something, anything to stop it. To be here when it went down and have intervened.

"You're right about that." Holly turned and headed to refill glasses of beer. He turned to see Lafayette in the kitchen doing his thing and missed seeing Terry there with him. Soon, he'd have to get a second short order cook. Replacing Terry would be hard, to say the least.
Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:34 pm

"Sam is a great guy, I promise. He should have something unless because of the whole vampire thing...but it doesn't hurt to ask. So come on..." She smiled and tugged at his hand, pulling him closer to the front door of the bar. They were here, now all that was left was to go in. "And you'll like it, Arlene can be...well, a bitch sometimes. Holly is great, and Lafayette...well, he's...special. Terry is the sweetest man you'll meet."

She knew since Tommy had died Sam had been needing to fill that busboy position, so it was now or never. Moving closer to him, she grinned and looked into his eyes. "Are you nervous?"

Homecoming Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm

He looked in her eyes and smiled.

"Yes. A bit nervous. It has been almost ten years since I applied for a job. I guess the only thing to it is to do it though."

He smiled again and followed her into the bar.
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Sam found himself behind the bar once more and grabbed the sixth beer for Jane Bodehouse. He was about to have to cut her off since she kept eyeing the trucker to her left. Nice to see some things never really did change. The bar was buzzing, not too busy but steady. Nicole was in his office calling home and reassuring her mother she was happy and wanted to be here. They hadn't yet talked about the baby since that day he told her...and he didn't really know what to say. They didn't know that much about one another and his thoughts often wondered to Luna.

Seeing Jessica walk into the bar with a stranger that smelled like vampire, he waved and turned to face them as they approached the bar. -Hey, Jess. It's been a while since I last saw you. How is everything?- Since escaping from New Orleans and Bill Compton, he hadn't much wanted to be around vampires, but Jessica was different. He hoped...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:49 pm

She smiled brightly and looked around. "Hey Sam, it has been a while hasn't it? I was...preoccupied I guess. This here is my friend James, James this is my....boss Sam? That is if I'm still employed?" She said and shrugged a bit with a face that almost pleaded for her job back. Merlotte's grounded her, gave her something to look forward to. Making her own money, and now she'd need it considering she probably was no longer part of the EeE any longer. Shaking it from her head, she looked between Sam and James and hoped this went well. Both of them working together...that could be fun, right? Right?

Homecoming Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Hearing Jessica's uncertainty made him cautious. He extended his hand politely toward the man behind the bar.

"As she said, I am James. Nice place you have here. Sort of reminds me of Dougan's back home."

He smiled then glanced at Jessica.
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Sam chuckled. -Now Jess, you know I don't mind you working here. Long as you don't eat or scare away the customers. I would say as long as you stop disappearing but I did that myself as well so it wouldn't be fair.- He looked over at her friend she introduced as James and took his hand for a shake. He was vampire, but he seemed nice enough.

-I do recently have an opening for a short order cook.- It pained him to say it. He hated how it sounded. It was Terry's position. It was his job...Swallowing the lump, he smiled and nodded. -Dougan's, never heard of it. Thanks for the compliment, it's just a small time family place.-

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:00 pm

She smiled then furrowed her brows in confusion. "Oh, is Lafayette quitting? Or Terry?" Seeing the pain on his face, she felt worried for some reason. There was something he wasn't saying. "Sam, what is it?"

Homecoming Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:01 pm

James had already started to speak, but the look on Jessica's face silenced him, so he simply stood back quietly while they spoke.
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm

She didn't know. How could he tell her? Looking around the bar as some of the patrons watched the encounter, he looked down and blew out a breath for a moment. Looking back up, he met her eyes with pain in his own. -Jess, there was...an incident.- He swallowed and remembered hearing about what happened from Lafayette. -Terry...Terry's dead. We buried him three days ago.-

He blinked away the tears that had brimmed his eyes, and shook his head as he placed his hands on the bar and watched for her reaction.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 pm

She blinked and then felt like someone had punched her gut. Placing a hand over her mouth, she gasped and felt pain. It hurt...she liked Terry. He was always so nice to her. They'd shared a moment once, it wasn't anything big but he was so sweet.

~~A year ago~~

She'd only been working there for a few weeks and Arlene had been giving her a hard time. Angry, she walked out the back and let the door slam. "Stupid humans!" She growled and kicked at the dirt. She was hungry, so what? Not like she'd want to drink from someone so sour anyway.

"She doesn't mean to be that way, you know. She's just scared."

Turning, she saw Terry as he placed the bag in the dumpster. Sighing, she shrugged. "Yeah, well I won't do her anything. It's not my fault I'm like this...We're all just given these lives and we just have to make the best of it."

He smiled and nodded. "She knows that. Give her time to warm up to you. She will, she's just stubborn. Vampires are a sensitive subject for her." He turned and headed back inside and she always wondered why he said that.

~~Present~~

"No, Sam....please...not Terry? How? Why? When? I don't--I don't understand?"

Homecoming Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 pm

James moved quickly to wrap his arms around her protectively. He said nothing but held her close. He could tell it had hit her hard. He looked at the pain in her face and whispered.

"Maybe we should wait and talk about this another time, Sam. My condolences on the loss of your friend."
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 pm

-It was a shooting, we're not sure who. Arlene is still pretty distraught about it. I sent her home a few minutes ago.- He felt the same way she did, only he hid it better. He gave a small nod to her vampire friend. -It's okay, if you're interested that's about all I have open. That or a busboy.- He shrugged and shook his head. -I suppose being a vampire you have some experience, and I can only offer 10.35 an hour. Is that okay?-

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 pm

The explanation still did nothing for her emotions. Poor Arlene, even as much history as they had...she was at the wedding. Their wedding was magical, they were so in love. She instantly felt bad for her. Closing her eyes as he held her, she lowered her head and said nothing, taking it all in. Turning into James, she placed her forehead on his shoulder as Sam explained about the job. Terry....was gone.

Homecoming Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Still holding Jessica, he looked at the bartender.

"That is fine. I spent about twenty years earning my way as a short order cook in the 70's and 80's. I don't imagine the food has changed that much."

He looked up, hearing something in the distance and looked out the window.
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Sam nodded. -We'll get the paperwork sorted soon, come on by sometime tomorrow evening and I'll set you up. Only rules here are no religion, no dancing and no feeding on customers.- He pointed and extended his hand to shake with a grin.

Seeing the vampire look elsewhere, he looked towards that direction and wondered what he hadn't heard or smelled yet.
John Quinn
John Quinn

Post by John Quinn on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Quinn squeezed Arabella's hand as they pulled into the parking lot. He opened the door as the car stopped and helped her out of the car. After signaling the driver to remain in the car, he turned to face the front door of the bar.

"It will be fine, Ari. Don't worry."

"Of course, Jonathan. I know it will be. Lets go see your friends."

He took her arm and they walked toward the door.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 pm

She burrowed her face in his shirt and tried to remember the good times with Terry. He was always so gentle, so kind. To everyone, no matter the species. Even that poor armadillo he liked to keep as a pet.

A familiar scent wafted to her nose, it was very faint....couldn't be. Her hearing picked up a familiar sound....She turned her head to look at the door and felt something in her gut.

Homecoming Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm

James saw Jessica's face and knew that the new arrival had to be the 'Quinn' she had mentioned. He was not coming in alone. James sat quietly and watched as they approached the front of the bar.
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Sam looked towards the door where both vampires looked and sniffed the air. He could smell something different approaching, maybe it was a threat. -I don't want no trouble here Jess, that smells like a vamp to me. Someone you know?-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:44 pm