For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Reflections

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Reflections Empty Reflections

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 pm

She sat on the edge of the dock where the boats were launched into the water and held the diary on her lap. The pen in her hand as she continued to beat it against the cover, absentmindedly thinking. Since her meeting with Bill, she had avoided the mansion...and James. Really, she avoided everyone. Not going home, or going to the mansion...she remained in the woods and just thought. Going to ground in the cemetery when necessary, she felt dirty but couldn't go home. Not after breaking the news to Bill. Her cell phone was...missing, she just felt so out of place, so lost. Nothing grounding her, nothing making her feel..safe....home.

Looking out onto the water as her bare feet hung in the lake, she remembered...him. Things be damned, she tried to find answers to the questions swirling in her mind. These new feelings emerging for James, the way she kissed Quinn after he angered her so much. The guilt he made her feel about sleeping with someone else. He didn't have all the facts, no matter what he thought. But the more he changed, the more she wished he was the man she first fell in love with. Maybe...it just wasn't meant to be?

Reflections Empty Re: Reflections

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:02 pm

"What are you?"

"The bluntness of a young vampire. Oh my, how refreshing....I, my dear, am complicated..."

She remembered him standing and shifting in front of her and smiled, the way he smiled and the crinkles next to his eye. He was so...lively then.

"I think a bit of sandalwood to smooth the mind, and lilac to calm the nerves."

Closing her eyes she remembered his hands on her as he gave her a massage, one that quickly led to...a very awkward moment.

"Be certain, Jessica. There is no turning back after this..."

{I kissed him back because I was so attracted to him, intrigued but at the same time intimidated by him. There was just something about him that was...mine. That was...different.}

She wrote in her diary as she remembered waking the next night after getting drunk on his blood. It was something that was never supposed to happen, a vampire and a tiger. But it did.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:16 pm

{After that night, months passed before I saw him again. And when I did, those feelings flew right back up and shocked me. I always just thought it was a rebound since Jason and I were on the outs, and he and Kiara were not on good terms. What if...it was all along?}

"Hey, stranger. What can I getcha tonight?"

{I remember he smiled like he was so happy to see me, like I made him happy. But really, he didn't know me.}

She finished writing and closed the book, with vampire speed she took off running to a different location. Ten minutes later she stopped running and came to stand in front of a bench. The same place they sat and talked the night after she kissed him and glamoured him to forget.

"Delicious....."

She smiled and remembered his words to her, the way he made her feel so..desired. Stepping closer, she ran a hand along the wood and could hear his words clear as day.

"Sometimes what we want the most is not meant to be....but it can be harder to let those things go than anything...."

In one way or another, she had just partially discovered her answer.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 pm

"Fate does have a kind streak though. When those things we most want are taken away...there is often a reason....though we might not know it at the time..."

She looked up at the sky and felt the hot red tear roll down her cheek. It was a night like this when she sat here next to him and felt like a new person. He'd saved her in a very vulnerable time and now James was doing the same thing. Wrapping her arms around herself, she stared at the bench like it had all the answers.

Their voices like a whisper in the wind...

"But...what if what you think is true, is only a mirage of something you wish it were?"

"The best way to test an illusion is to test it's merit. If it remains, it is no illusion. If it is gone, then you know. Jessica, there's no point having wishes if you don't at least try to do them. When you take that chance, you are truly alive. Not in the physical sense, but in the spiritual."

She sat down and opened the diary up, writing out a simple note.

{Meet me where it all started, our spot. Midnight. Alone.}

He would know her handwriting, he would recognize it. As she stared down at the note, she debated making sure it got to him. For now, she knew what she had to do....but could she do it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm