A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Workin' hard.

Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Sexual Workin' hard.

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 am

-She had been out in the yard for hours, her shoulders and lower back aching something fierce. Plus, she had gotten more sun than she had expected so her shoulders were extremely sensitive. She'd have to find a way to rub some aloe on them later this evening, and maybe set up the heating pad for her back. She swore she had pulled a muscle.-

Hey, Ms. Fortenberry!

-she smiled at her before going to get her the glass of tea she always had with her lunch, then brought it back and sat a plate of cornbread in front of her.-

You want the gumbo again?

-Maxine looked up at her with a raised brow- Did you get that outta my head, Sookie Stackhouse?!

-Sookie laughed and shook her head-

No, ma'am. You just always get it. So I just thought that's what you'd want...

-Maxine laughed and shook her head, too- Sorry 'bout that, Sookie. That'd be superb, a bowl of gumbo with some of this here cornbread. Don't get no better!

-smiling still, she went back behind the bar to grab some silverware and napkins to start folding, and grabbed the salt and pepper, too. They were short staffed since Terry had passed and Arlene was taking time off to be with her family and to grieve. She hurt for her friend; Arlene had been one of the best friends she had ever had, so knowing she was in any type of pain broke her heart. She'd make a pie and take it to her, go see how she was doing and if she needed anything.-

Workin' hard.  Tumblr_mt0g1mJqFB1sinjxdo1_500
Janice Herveaux
Janice Herveaux

Sexual Re: Workin' hard.

Post by Janice Herveaux on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:54 am

Waiting for Lafayette to get off work, I stayed at Merlotte's when I saw Sookie come in for her shift. I was already buzzin when I walked up to her. "Well, well, well little miss Stackhouse still around." I sighed and took another shot. "I hope you remember me? the names Janice, and I need to have a word with you, when you can spare a minute." I said thinking what she had to do to pull my brother under her charm.

Workin' hard.  15ches7
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 am

-she raised a brow and took a step back as the scent of liquor hit her in the face.-

Janice? Of course I remember you...

-the talk she had with Alcide the night before came rushing back, and she had to bite her tongue to keep from telling her just how she felt. This woman had already caused a rift between her and Alcide.-

I'm free right now if you wanna sit down and have a chit-chat. We ain't too busy. You want some coffee? Or some tea? Maybe somethin' to eat?

Janice Herveaux
Janice Herveaux

Post by Janice Herveaux on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 am

"Naw i'm good" I sat in a booth and looked at that innocent expression she always had on her face. "I need to talk to you about Alcide."

Workin' hard.  15ches7
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 am

I figured that much.

-did Janice know she was a telepath? She couldn't quite remember. She knew that she hadn't been at Terry's funeral, so unless someone had told her, or Alcide had told her, she didn't think she knew. Maybe she'd keep that little tidbit of information to herself for now.-

What do you want to talk about regarding Alcide? I already know you think I'm leaving him for Bill or Eric, whom I have completely written off. I'm done with vampires, Janice. Done. I don't want anything to do with them. So unless you have something else to say.....

-she let her voice trial off and continued folding napkins over the forks-

Janice Herveaux
Janice Herveaux

Post by Janice Herveaux on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 am

"First of all how long has my brother been chasing you? a pretty long fuckin time! Now, I like you Sookie, your sweet, always lookin out for others, but I just don't believe you when you say your done with the vamps." I looked over at another waitress and called for a beer. "Can you seriously tell me that if Bill or Eric wanted you back right now you wouldn't go crawling back to either on of them?"

Workin' hard.  15ches7
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 am

-she fought against the growl that was growing in her throat. Who the heck did this woman think she was? Janice didn't know anything about her life! Nothing! She leaned forward and spoke quietly-

Like I said... I'm. Done. Bill saved my life and I'll always be thankful for that, but after the shit I've gone through because I was stupid enough to let those stupid vampires in my life, I don't want to have anything to do with them EVER again. The only vampire worth my time is my best friend Tara, and that's just because she's the only one that's ever been there for me. She held me when my Gran died, she doctored me up and nursed me back to health when I was almost killed by Rene, who might I add was a human and she's been there numerous times after. All I want right now is to forget the past and go forward.

-she looked at Janice and shook her head-

I don't know what to say. I'm not trying to hurt your brother, I don't want to hurt your brother. But I won't have someone telling me that I will hurt someone because I made mistakes in my past.

Janice Herveaux
Janice Herveaux

Post by Janice Herveaux on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 pm

I looked at her sympathetically, I was no angel, I had a past as well, and by god if anyone knew what I had done.... "You know i'm only looking out for my little brother, he's all I got left and I just want him to be happy." I gave her a small smile. "Just please don't hurt him, he's been through enough."

Workin' hard.  15ches7
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Duly noted.

-she took a breath and smiled at her as she finished with the silverware and moved on to the pepper and salt shakers-

I have no plans to hurt him, Janice. Right now all he is, is a friend. He's living in my house, sure, but he's downstairs in my brother's old room and I'm upstairs in my room. We both are attracted to each other, but also realize that our timing has just always sucked. So for now, that's all he is to me - a friend, a roommate, and someone to cut the grass when it gets too high.

-she laughed and motioned to Holly to bring her some tea-

Janice Herveaux
Janice Herveaux

Post by Janice Herveaux on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm

I was more at ease once she said they were only at the friendship stage of their relationship. "Well it was really nice of you to give him a place to stay." I got up and was making my way back to the bar. "And by the way I wouldn't mind having you as I sister-in law" I smirked as I walked away.

Workin' hard.  15ches7

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:10 pm