For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Making Amends

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Making Amends Empty Making Amends

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:59 pm

-she hadn't seen Alcide all day, which was starting to worry her a bit. Slowly making her way out of her bed, she slipped on a sleeveless shirt due to her sunburned shoulders and a pair of cloth shorts then headed down the steps. She needed to get something to eat, though she was debating on just ordering some pizza for the both of them, and thought that maybe a beer would help settle the aching in her back, too. Yawning a bit, she headed into the kitchen and grabbed two beers from the fridge then headed to his room and knocked on the door-

Alcide? You busy?

-she heard some odd sounds coming from behind the door causing her to raise a brow as he waited for him to answer-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Making Amends Empty Re: Making Amends

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:13 pm

"Seventy...eight.....seventy nine....eigh--" {He heard her voice and continued to bench press the 300 pound bar bell.} "Yeah, it's open." {He pushed up and squint his eyes, blowing out a breath. Coming down slowly, he kept his form and sucked in a breath. Not losing his concentration, he continued. Sweat dripped from his face to the floor below, his hair damp with his sweat. He was shirtless aside from his gym shorts and tennis. Sweat beaded his chest as his abs tightened with each push. His biceps and triceps bulging at the strength he was exhibiting. He finished at one hundred and set the bar bell on the hooks. Slowly making his way up, he noticed her standing by the door and gave her a slight smile. He hadn't talked to her since their fight, work and well...he wasn't sure what to say. Bringing some of his work out equipment here seemed to be helping with his frustration, the punching bag in the shed until he found somewhere to hang it.}

"Sorry if this is crowding the room, but I needed it..."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 pm

-she shrugged her shoulders and winced a bit before offering him a small smile-

It's no problem. This is your room now, so you can do whatever you want.

-she moved around him, looking at the mussed blankets on his bed, the sweat dripping from his chest and the way that his shorts hung from his hips. Her mouth went dry and she stammered a bit before shaking her head and laughing-

I was going to order some pizza. Oh, and I brought you this. It sounded like you were working up a sweat in here. I guess I was right.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:35 pm

{He reached his hand out to take the beer from her, cold and icy like...perfect. Tipping the bottle, he took a large swig and let out a sharp sigh at the taste,filled with contentment. It hit the spot well. He downed more of the bottle and set it down on the dresser.} "Pizza sounds great, no mushrooms or anchovies and you got a deal. I'll pay, my treat."

{Part of him was nervous to bring up their fight, she seemed in better spirits. Maybe it was best left unsaid.} "I uh, I'll need to shower though. As you can see...full of sweat." {He looked down at his body and chuckled, then looked back up at her unsure what to say.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm

We're fine, Alcide. Roommates fight. Friends fight. The trick is getting past it. You made your point, I made mine, and if the feelings I'm getting from you are correct....

-she shrugged her shoulders and smiled at him again-

We're friends. It's what friends do. But yeah, the shower's free. I took one earlier.

-grinning a bit, she waved a hand under her nose and winked at him before taking a step out of the bedroom door-

And yeah, you need a shower. Lordy. I'll go order pizza.

-turning on her heel, she shot out of the room and to the kitchen to order dinner-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

{He grinned and knew she had read it in his thoughts.} "Guess nothing is secret 'round you." {He smiled and was happy that it was to be left alone, they could move on. Relieved actually.}

{He scoffed at her gesture and shook his head.} "Yeah, yeah...I know. It's too much male sweat for you huh?" {He laughed as she shot out the room and noticed she was really burnt up from the sun, usually she had the best sun kissed skin. It was pink as if irritated. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and grabbed his clothes for the shower.}

{After he was dressed in pajama bottoms that hung loosely on his hips, he draped the towel over his neck and held each end as he went into the kitchen only to be assaulted with the best smelling pizza and a cold beer waiting.} "Sookie Stackhouse, this looks amazing."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm nothing if not accommodating. And no, no secrets are safe with me.

-she winked at him and grabbed a beer for herself and a slice of pizza, putting it on a plate and grabbing the parmesan from the fridge-

You want some?

-she poured some on her pizza then handed it over, her eyes quickly glancing over his chest before going back to his face. He was such a good looking guy, and the worst part was he knew it! He wasn't cocky about it, but he still held himself as though he knew he looked good. She shook her head and laughed a bit then sat in the chair, wincing as her back hit it-

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 pm

{He took the Parmesan and sprinkled some on the pizza before taking a seat and taking a bite of food.  She giggled and he cocked a brow.} "It's a shame I don't know what you're thinking...I think that's an unfair advantage."

{He smirked and refused to think of anything, not giving her the satisfaction. Instead he thought of all guy things. Football, basketball, weights, boobs, legs, ass...her boobs...damn it. Running under the moon, that's it. He chewed and took a swig of beer before chuckling and groaning as he chewed with a shake of his head.}

"Miss Stackhouse, you make my palm twitch."

{He smirked, eyeing her to gauge a reaction. When he saw her wince, he furrowed his brows.}

"You okay?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Stow that twitching palm, Mr. Herveaux. And stop thinkin' of my boobs.

-she smiled at him and took a bite of her pizza, then took a sip of her beer before answering his question about if she was okay.-

Sunburn. And I twisted my back when I was weedin' Gran's azaleas. She thought she didn't have enough. I beg to differ.

-she grinned again, still chuckling at the thought of him wanting to know what was going on in her mind. Truth was, she didn't know what was going on in there half the damn time. It was like her brain was going in a million different directions-

Wanna know what I'm thinkin'?

-she raised her brow and gave him a sly grin before taking a sip of her beer and peering at him over the edge of the bottle-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:33 pm

{He chuckled and shook his head. From what he did read of this book, he wasn't impressed and was shocked that she might be into that kind of thing. This Christian Grey didn't really strike him as Alpha, just asshole. Maybe he didn't get it. He nodded as she explained her predicament and sighed.}

"Sookie, you need to take care of yourself you know. Can't be overworking yourself. It's why I'm here you know. I can do what you can't."

{He stood as she asked if he wanted to know.} "Hold that thought..." {He rushed over to the bathroom and hung his towel, rummaged through the bathroom mirror until he found it. Going back to meet her, he moved behind her and squeezed aloe vera into his palm.} "Lean forward...and yes I would love to know." {When she did, he gently massaged the salve into her skin.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

I've never had sex with a human, so rough is what I know.

-she muttered quietly as she continued to sip her beer and finished off her pizza. When he told her that she didn't need to overwork herself, she raised a brow but kept her mouth shut. He just wanted her to be safe, which was nice. He'd learn one day soon that she was tough and could take care of herself; hell, she had done pretty good at staying alive these past few years-

-and when he left, then came back with the aloe vera and started putting it on her back, she moaned audibly. It took her a second to hear his next question and she turned her head to look at him over her shoulder-

You sure you can't hear what I'm thinkin'? Cause I was gonna say I was thinkin' that you needed to rub some aloe on my shoulders cause they hurt. Don't be afraid to rub my back, too.

-she smiled sweetly then moaned again; that aloe was just absolutely perfect.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 pm

{Her words made him stop for a second as he grinned proudly, feeling like he had read her mind. He moved to her side and took her hand, helping her stand. Maintaining eye contact with her, he spoke softly.} "What I'm going to do next...I'm doing as your friend...ya hear?" {He wanted to verify this...more for himself than for her. She looked puzzled and he gently turned her around so she had her back to him. Taking his fingers, he slid them under the hem of her shirt and lifted. Surprisingly she allowed it and lifted her arms as the shirt came off and he dropped it onto the chair. Unclasping her bra, he let it hand there with out removing it Squeezing more into his palm, he gently began to massage it into her back and work the knots out. She seemed to relax so much her legs were shaky.}

"Come on, let's get you comfortable." {He lifted her into his arms and carried her with such ease to the couch, she turned her back to him so he could continue to massage her back. This was nice, her skin was soft but hot because of the sun burn. She still smelled of vanilla....and aloe vera. He loved touching her, but he had to stop thinking like that. She was his friend.}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 am