For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

It's Time

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

It's Time Empty It's Time

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:40 am

Hoyt had been singing along to the radio as it played the new song on as it had taken the town by storm, something by Katy Perry from what he could remember. Trying not to burn Amy's toast and keeping an eye on her bacon as it sizzled in the pan. Preparing everything for her surprise breakfast in bed as she still slept soundly.

As he poured her a full glass of fresh orange juice and added a small teapot, milk and mug to the tray. Searching out a plate as he placed her crispy bacon on the plate, adding her scrambled eggs. Waiting for the signal on the toaster, making sure he caught it in time as he pulled it from the slots as he quickly added butter as it melted into bread.

Adding it to another small plate, as he placed it on the tray as he admired his handy work, carefully taking the tray from the kitchen as he headed back towards their bedroom. Slowly creeping in as he saw Amy was stirring from her sleep, no doubt from the smells of her breakfast. A smile plastered on his face as he held her surprise in front of him.

"Morning beautiful....Breakfast?" he asked as he held her tray of delights.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

It's Time Empty Re: It's Time

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 am

Amy groaned. Lately she hadn't slept as well as she would have liked. She was lucky to catch a few hours at a time before she would wake, either out of fear or because her child was moving furiously inside her. She was getting an odd feeling that the baby would come soon. She'd been trying to text her brother about this, but he said it was normal to have false alarms, that when the baby came she would know without a shadow of a doubt.

Something delicious filled the air, making her stomach growl in need. One thing pregnancy had really altered had been her appetite. She was eating like a linebacker in training. She remembered when Hoyt took her to the dinner and she'd been almost embarrassed when she kept ordering more and more food. However Hoyt insisted she eat her fill and since this had been the diner she'd worked at before the owner had agreed with Hoyt.

She turned over, her prominent distended belly showing through the sheets. "mmmmm... is that my wonderful Hoyt?" she asked as she opened her eyes and tried to sit up, or at least put some pillows behind her back to prop herself up.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:57 am

Hoyt smirked as he walked around the bed as he placed the large tray of cooked foods that he had made for her. Waiting until she was sat upright as he placed the tray on the bed as he perched in front of her on the edge of the bed. Stealing a piece of toast with melted butter before she began tucking into her breakfast.

Knowing that once she started, she would not stop until she was finished. As he nibbled away on the toast as he poured her a cup of tea, making it just to the way she liked it. Having read so many books on what to eat and what not to eat when your expecting. Having adapted his own eating habits to ensure that they both were eating healthy.

"...For the beautiful mother of my child" he smirked as he tore a piece of toast and popped it into his mouth.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 am

Amy smiled. She loved Hoyt so much, and whenever he cooked her breakfast she loved him even more. She tucked into the delicious food. Ever since they had started living together he'd honed his cooking skills. Not to mention pour over books to find what she should and shouldn't eat while she was pregnant.

He was already overprotective of the baby that wasn't here yet it made her heart melt. Once she was done with the eggs and bacon and was nibbling on her toast she spoke.

"I hope this little one joins us soon... it's getting harder to carry it around" she said teasingly as she placed her hand over her stomach.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:13 am

As he wiped the crumbs off his face, as he watched as Amy tuck into her breakfast. Watching as she demolished the plate of food that he had made for her. As he saw that she had finished with the plates he removed them and placed them on the bedside table as she continued to drink her tea.

"I can't wait to meet him...Or her" he whispered.

As he leaned down to where she lay her hand on his bulging stomach as he placed a row of kisses as he made baby noises, having read somewhere that babies can hear everything.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:18 am

She smiled, sipping the sweet calming tea that seemed to settle her rambunctious bun in the oven. She watched Hoyt kiss along her stomach and it made her love him. She had always heard how males, human or fae were not receptive of infants. That they impregnated women and walked away but Hoyt looked like he was determined to be a wonderful father to his unborn child.

She recalled their previous day, when Hoy had spent most of the day finishing up the room which would be the nursery. He had even insisted on trying to build the crib. He had mentioned how he didn't want to live in the motel forever, but she thought it made a wonderful home.

"did you manage to finish the nursery love? I know you didn't let me see it last night" she said Hoyt insisting she'd get to see it when it was ready.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 am

As he continued to lay kisses along her bulging stomach as he could feel the baby kick as he could feel it on his face. He could not wait for the baby to get here, he wished he knew how much longer it would be until he or she would arrive.

"...It's almost finished...We still need to buy some more sheets and blankets...But apart from that. Everything will be ready" he smirked.

Remembering how long it took him to put together the cot, it had taken a lot longer than he initially thought.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:44 am

She nodded before she gasped. The baby had kicked her right in the ribs, making her wince.

"mmm.. baby must know you're here" she said, trying to put on a brave face. Before Hoyt could worry her phone rang, and she knew the ringtone to be her brother.

She reached over and answered it. "Hello Cael.... no all is well...." she said with a reassuring smile to Hoyt.

"....no I mean the baby moves as usual, I didn't think it was anything special" she said, answering her brother's questions and wondering where all this concern was coming from.

"I mean...I can try, but you'll have to give me a few minutes to get out of bed you know" she said before nodding. "Alright.. lemme put you on hold for a sec" she said before muting the phone.

"Cael is a bit worried, he wants me to test my light..." she said, and when Hoyt looked puzzled she explained. "My fae powers" she said as she slowly got out of bed, the maternity night gown barely reaching her thighs thanks to her large tummy. She slowly made it to the window and opened up the curtains. Even at this hour the sun was up and high in the sky. She held out her hand under a beam of sun and what looked like sparkles flared from her fingers. Amy seemed to think it was normal as she turned her hand over and examined it.

She picked up her phone to resume her conversation. "You're right...it does feel stronger... is it the baby?" she asked, sounding a tid bit concerned now.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 am

Hoyt frowned as he saw Amy answer her phone, Cael. Great just what he needed right now. Although they had both agreed to settle their differences due to Amy. But he still didn't have to like the guy. Watching puzzled as she struggled to get across to the window as he watched sparks fly from her fingers.

He had never seen Amy use her powers before, it still seemed like something out of a movie, he had debated on asking her more about them, but didn't know what to ask.

"What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the baby?" he whispered to her as she remained on the phone with her brother.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:56 am

Amy shrugged, still confused herself as Cael spoke. "alright...alright.. yes you can c-..... " she suddenly grew very stern. "No Cael...I will not force the birth. The baby will come when its ready, not a moment sooner. I'm not like that hussy Maurella who has children for pleasure" she said, her voice as angry as anything she'd ever been.

Whatever Cael said seemed to calm Amy down as she nodded. "Alright...I'll expect you tonight, but you better behave around Hoyt alright?" she warned before she smiled. "See you soon big brother" she said before hanging up.

She looked at Hoyt. "My brother believes the baby is due any second. He wants to be here for safety's sake" she said as she set the phone down. "He's as protective of me as you are Hoyt...he only means wells"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Hoyt instantly gathered himself as he hopped clear straight off the bed as he hurried to her side, his hand laying on her stomach as he could feel the baby kick.

"That baby is due any second?" he repeated her words "The baby will be here today?" he repeated excitedly.

The baby was going to be here today? But it was too soon, he hadn't finished the nursery yet, there was still so much that he needed to do. He remembered that she didn't have to go to a hospital as it wasn't exactly a normal birth.

"What do we do?" he asked Amy unsure of what to do.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Amy shrugged, touching Hoyt's cheek to calm him. "All we can do is wait babe... Cael will be here in a few hours to keep an eye on me" she said as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"It's alright... we'll be just fine Hoyt... you'll be great tonight and whenever the baby comes" she said in a calm tone. Even the baby agreed as it bounced around inside her.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 pm

The baby was coming today! The baby was coming today! The baby was coming today!

Hoyt couldn't contain his excitement, the baby was going to be here tonight. This was really happening. They were going to have a son or daughter, all their waiting was finally over, soon they would be parents to a beautiful child.

"Do you need anything? Should I get the bed all set up? Would you like some more tea? Orange juice? Toast? Do you need to sit?" he started panicking.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Amy smiled at Hoyt's paranoia. "I'm fine Hoyt ok? I'm nice and fed, just need to lay down, maybe watch some tv to relax" she said, kissing his cheek.

"Don't you worry about me" she said before she left the room. She wanted to get cleaned up before anything else happened today.

After a long cool shower, a change of clothes into another maternity gown, trying to calm Hoyt down as he went about like a busy bee and plowing through lunch, Amy felt quite content sitting on the couch, a nature show on tv and her hand absentmindedly rubbing her stomach.

Hoyt had returned to the nursery down the hall to get it finished so Amy didn't think much of getting up and grabbing another glass of juice.

Cael appeared inside the nursery, smirking at Hoyt's attempts to get things ready but before he could even smart mouth the little human a cry from the kitchen roused both men into action.

Amy stood there, her glass of juice forgotten on the counter as her gown was now soaked with liquid that trickled down her thighs. As Hoyt came over she looked at him, a slightly helpless look on her face.

"My water just broke...."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm