For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Making it right

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Making it right Empty Making it right

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:52 pm

He had gone to Monroe and shopped practically all morning. He finally found the perfect crib set and purchased it without blinking an eye. Nicole and the baby deserved to know that he was going to have a stable, furnished home. Plus, he had to find a way to make it up to her for yelling at her in front of the nurse at the doctor's office. He still felt bad about that and they hadn't spoken in a few days.

When he got back to the trailer, he checked inside to find it empty. Good, she must be in the bar. Grabbing the large box out of the back of the jeep, he headed inside to begin working on it.

He had cleaned out the spare bedroom he had been storing liquor in that didn't fit in storage in the bar. It was now a bare room, very small but it would have to do for now. Holding the instructions, he did a quick inventory of the supplies and began to piece it together. This couldn't be that hard, right?
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Making it right Empty Re: Making it right

Post by Nicole Wright Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:57 pm

She had sat at the bar for a while, stuffing her face with cornbread and gumbo while drinking her weight in sweet tea; she had never been big on it before she moved down here, but now she didn't know how she had lived without it for so long!

"Girl, you needa be gettin' yo ass back to Sam Merlotte 'fore he start freakin' out. He's a man. And men, they got problems. But he also yo baby daddy, and therefore, you gotta work it out."

She sighed, nodded and stood from where she sat. "I'll bring by some money later to pay for this. Thanks, Lafayette. You're a real friend." She blew him a kiss and turned to head back out towards the trailer, only stopping for a minute as she saw his Jeep, then heard a loud 'thud' and 'dammit' come from the open window in the back. She frowned and made her way towards it.

"Sam?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:02 pm

He heard Nicole's voice outside by the window and looked up, peeking above the sill. -uh, hey...Nicole. I um...what are you doing outside?-

He smiled and nervously stood, stepping on a screw and grimacing with a grunt that he tried to hide. -Just working on a project. You okay?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:06 pm

She frowned and looked at him through the window, noticing his grimace.

"I was just at the bar, hanging out with Lafayette. He is a trip! What sorta project you got going on? Can... I come in?"

Her eyes stayed on his as she weighed the situation; did he want her in? What was he doing?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 pm

He chuckled and nodded. -Yeah, yeah that he is.- There was an awkward silence when he realized she had asked to come in. He looked down at all the screws and pieces of wood around him then back at her. -Yeah, yeah sure come on in.-

He moved back down to the floor and began to work again, looking from the pieces in his hand to the instructions. Tightening one of the screws he had half of it done, the back and one side were put together. Now for the rest...where the hell did he put that screw driver?
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:12 pm

She walked around and into the front door, following the sound of frustrated sighs. Still frowning, she headed down the hall and stuck her head in the doorway, a look of awe crossing her face. Was he--- was he putting together a crib?

"Sam, what are you doing?"

She walked into the room and stared down at the things on the ground, tears starting to form in her eyes. He had bought a crib... for their baby!

"Wow... That's... Wow."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:17 pm

He looked up when she walked in and smiled then looked back at the tools and supplies on the floor. -Well I figured the baby needed a place to sleep, I mean it's still a while away but it's better to be prepared, right? And when the time is right, we should get everything else babies need.- He stood and walked over to her, taking both her hands in his.

-I'm sorry Nicole, really sorry. I was a jack ass and I want to make this work, not just for our baby but because...because I want to.-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:20 pm

She fought the urge to turn around and met his gaze, her hands limp in his. She was still upset, still hurt. But if he wanted to get over it, she'd try, too.

"I just don't understand. My mom called me Peanut when I was little. It's just a family thing. But, if you don't like it then I won't say it. Just please, next time... Don't talk to me like that."

She sighed, gave his hand a squeeze and then pulled them away, her eyes going back to the crib that lay almost complete on the floor.

"What do you want to do the nursery in? I mean, do you have something particular in mind? Boats, or Pooh Bear. Something like that?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 pm

He looked away for a moment, contemplating just telling her. It wasn't the right time, not right now. He just nodded and looked back over at her. -I won't ever talk to you like that again, I'm sorry. Really.-

Hoping she would drop the issue, she did and brought up the nursery and he smiled. -That...is all on you. I build and paint, you say what and where. Deal?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:32 pm

"It's fine. I accept your apology."

She looked at him for a second, then looked back around the room as she tried to figure out what 'theme' to use. Should she do some Winnie the Pooh? Nah, that was too overrated. Plus, they didn't even know what they were having. They wouldn't for a while, either. She shrugged her shoulders and turned back to him.

"Let's do it together. It'll be more fun that way, and besides.... decorating has never really been my thing. I'm not that good at it. Um, when should I tell my mom?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:50 pm

He smiled when she suggested doing it together. Nodding, he answered her, -Together it is. I'm not that great with decorating either, so don't feel alone. I'm sure with the both of us, we can make a real nice room here.-

Her next question made him pause and think, after a few moments of silence, he cleared his throat. -Soon...-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm