For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Hardware store and...hard limits?

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Hardware store and...hard limits? Empty Hardware store and...hard limits?

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:37 pm

{He drove the truck down to the center of town where a line of shops lined the streets. Town square had all the basic stores one would need, along with Thompson's hardware, a family owned and operated business. He had been purchasing a few things from them here and here instead of waiting days on his large supplier. He had gone to Shreveport and picked up what he did have that he could use, now all that was needed were odds and ends. For some reason Sookie continued to smirk as the pulled up the the hardware store. He was curious, but decided against asking.}

"Well, here we are. Let's go shopping..."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Hardware store and...hard limits? Empty Re: Hardware store and...hard limits?

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:59 pm

-she couldn't hide her laugh as they got to the hardware store and she could hear Alcide's curiosity about it, but didn't say anything. She just continued to smirk as they walked in-

So. What all do we need to do this? Paint? Rollers and stuff? I don't know anything about remodeling; Eric did all of the upstairs by himself. Well, I mean, he called people to do it while I was gone and he had some done at night.

-she shrugged her shoulders and looked up at him, that sly grin still on her face. Zip ties, rope, maybe some coveralls? She couldn't stop the smile, nor the thoughts of that book, from crossing her mind. And definitely couldn't stop the much more naughty thoughts that were crossing her mind, too. She was so thankful that Alcide couldn't read her mind.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

{He continued to scan the aisles, grabbing items and placing them into the basket. She seemed out of place here and he grinned. The smirk on her face growing as they passed rope, for once he wished he could read her mind...but then again, with the smells he was taking in...he might have an idea of where her thoughts lay. Clearing his throat, he stopped and grabbed some paint rollers.}

"You should go pick out the color you want. I'll get the other tools needed and meet you up front. Oh and get some zip ties, will you? They should be on the next aisle over from the paint."

{Her face seemed to heat up and he quirked a brow, wondering if that book she was so engrossed in reading had anything to do with it.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Z---zip ties, you said?

-she blushed more, then grinned at him knowingly, before nodding and running off. She really wished she couldn't read thoughts sometimes; cause his were leading to places she had a feeling weren't good. Well, they were good... but they also would cause her some issues and she knew how good his nose was. Ugh.-

What color... what color... HEY, ALCIDE!

-she called across the aisles as she picked up some hot pink zip ties-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 pm

{He heard his name and spun around, walking around the corner to the paint station.}

"Yes? I was just right there, you didn't need to yell."

{His eyes were wide with embarrassment as the old man down the aisle continuously looked at them and whispered to his wife.} "What is it? Oh yes those will do. Pink?" {He chuckled.} "Well, it doesn't matter for what I need them for."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:16 pm

No, not these. I was just curious as to what color you wanted your room? It needs a fresh coat and I figured, hey. Why not ask the man that stays there?

-she grinned at him again, holding the pink zip ties out to him and blushing profusely as she pushed a strand of hair out of her face. Should she tell him why she was so flustered by being here? Nah. He'd figure it out eventually. She turned back to him, saw him looking at the old man, and grinned; the old man was just thinking simply how different they looked, him tall and muscular with dark hair while she was short, small in stature and had long blonde hair. They contrasted nicely, according to the old ladies thoughts. And she couldn't hide her grin when the old woman popped the old man on the shoulder and told him to stop staring.-

What else do we need?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:20 pm

{He thought for a moment and looked at the different colors.} "Doesn't really matter to me any, the color now is fine. Just get the same color if it needs a new coat, but really lets focus on the upstairs. That's first priority." {He took the zip ties and saw her blush again.}

"Wait a minute...are you still reading that book? Hang on don't tell me, I don't need to know."

{He shook his head and chuckled, rubbing his forehead as he tried to get the images of what she was into out of his mind. Frankly, being an alpha he could be dominant but he had no need or desire to tie her or beat her to get his rocks off. He'd be happy just making her scream his name. At that thought he paled and turned the other way towards the register, figuring she was listening in. He had to be more careful.}

"Yep, that's all let's go."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:49 pm

-she fought the urge to literally scream his name, just for a reaction. It was hard though.-

Yeah, let's... -cough- go. And yes, I'm still reading that book, and just... yeah, don't ask questions if you don't want the answer.

-she winked at him before letting her jaw drop-

You really need to stop thinking that stuff, Alcide. We're friends, remember? And I can't keep my mind clear, so just... stop thinking or something... please?

-she was already uncomfortable. She needed... something. Sex? Closeness? Probably sex. She was used to having it whenever she wanted it. And now that she couldn't have it... it was the only thing on her mind.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:07 pm

{He blew out a breath as he walked to the register with her trailing behind him. Yeah great going, why did you have to think? He scolded himself and tried to keep his mind on nails and sheet rock, molding and the other supplies he'd have to order that wasn't here.}

"Sorry, won't happen again. You're right."

{He shook his head and grinned, singing a song in his head to hide the mental questions he was asking. Once at the register, he began to place the things on the counter and watched the clerk ring everything up. He gave her a smile and she smiled back brightly, looking from him to Sookie and he wondered what she was thinking...}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh, he's gorgeous. Hot damn, I bet he's good in bed, too! I'd like to rip those pants off with my teeth. Yowza. I bet he'd be good with Davey, too. That boy needs a daddy. I wonder if this guy has money.....

-Sookie stared at her, fighting the urge to let her know he wasn't free, but lost.-

I'm sure he'd like to keep his pants on, thanks. And I'm really sure he doesn't want them ripped off with your teeth. Maybe you should just keep your thoughts to yourself, and keep your mind on the kid you have at home, not trying to find a baby's daddy for him. Got it?

-she glared at her, then looked at Alcide, shrugged, and went back to glaring. She just wanted to get out of here now. She knew that Alcide was staring at her, and wondering what the hell she was going on about, but.... She'd just talk to him about that later. Way later. Like, months down the road, maybe when they were grey.-

Let's just get our shit and go.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:45 pm

{He looked between the women as Sookie all but told her where to go and how to get there, gaping as he exchanged a look with the cashier.}

"Scuse me? What did you say?"

"Uh, nothing. Thank you. I better get my friend here home, she seems to not be feeling well."

{He took the change and stuffed it in his pocket, looking at Sookie with amusement and wonder. As he walked out to the truck his mind was reeling on what must have been going on in that woman's mind and how lately Sookie seemed to find it hard to stay out of people's heads. She used to say she blocked it all out. Now, she seemed to lose that advantage.}

{He slid in the drivers seat and turned the ignition, looking over at her with a grin.}

"Care to explain what all that was about?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:08 pm

She was a whore that wanted your money, and for you to be her baby daddy. Oh, and she wanted to tear your pants off with her teeth. She needs to keep her thoughts to herself.

-Jesus. How did she explain to him the reason she couldn't keep thoughts out of her head was because she was so distracted by being around him? He smelled amazing, his laugh was contagious, his smile was breathtaking and just.... she really needed to get laid. She turned to him, raised her brow at his smirk and shook her head-

Let's just go home. Okay?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:19 pm

{Both of his brows rose in surprise at her confession of the woman's thoughts.} "Well...that's....uh..." {Honestly, he didn't know what to say. He just nodded and looked back out at the road as they drove in silence. It was sort of awkward and she seemed...irritable. Was she still upset that he didn't want to move forward, well, could you blame him? He turned up the radio and tapped his fingers on the wheel to the beat. What an interesting choice.}

{Silence filled the truck as he drove back to her place, neither of them saying a word. The unspoken message of the song struck home for him and only caused him to think more.}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 am