For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Gifts and Tears

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Gifts and Tears Empty Gifts and Tears

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:27 am

He walked into the house with the dog and gift from Sookie with a big smile on his face. He didn't know what was in the box, but wanted Nicole to be the one to open it. He loved the Collie. It would have a great spot on his desk. Opening the door and pushing it with his shoulder, he entered and looked around. Spotting her on the couch, he moved over to where she sat staring into space and it was then he noticed that tears were falling down her face.

-Nicole?- He set the gifts on the coffee table and sat next to them on the table, directly across from her. -Hey, what is it? Are you okay? What's wrong?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Gifts and Tears Empty Re: Gifts and Tears

Post by Nicole Wright Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:44 am

She had really noticed it today. Her stomach was growing and she couldn't fit into her favorite pair of pants anymore. Sure, they were tight when she wore them before, but now they wouldn't button and with that, her entire world had collapsed.

She was pregnant by a man that she barely knew, in a 'relationship' that was only still the because she was having a baby, her boobs hurt, she couldn't stop throwing up, her head was aching and everything sucked. She had been sitting in the living room for a couple of minutes, tears flowing down her cheeks as she thought of everything that was going wrong. She wanted to go back 6 months and change everything. She wouldn't have gone to Bon Temp, she wouldn't have lost all of her friends, she wouldn't be pregnant and she would be back with her mom with no worries.

Sam came in and asked what was wrong and the tears just fell even harder. "I don't know!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:57 am

He leaned back at her shout and sighed. -It could be the hormones? Right? I mean they usually make women emotional.- He winced after hearing it leave his mouth, that sounded insensitive. He placed his finger under her chin to lift it to look at him. -Are you homesick? Are you...unhappy? Is it me?- He wiped her tears with his thumbs and forced a smile, hoping she would talk to him.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:13 pm

"I don't know what I want, Sam," she said quietly. Her eyes met his for a moment and then she pulled away from him, not trusting herself not to just give in and say it was fine and just do what she always did: hide how she really, truly felt.

Was she homesick? Yes. Unhappy? Somewhat. Was it Sam? Not really, but how did she explain that? How did she tell him that she just wanted to climb into her mother's arms and cry and have her hold her and tell her that everything was going to be alright? So instead, she shook her head and took a few deep breaths.

"I don't know what I am. I'm confused. I'm sad. I'm lonely. I miss my mom and I want to go home...."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 pm

He hated seeing her like this, knowing there wasn't anything he could do to change her feelings except to give her what she wanted. He ran his hands over his face and thought about how to answer her. -I uh..- He looked over at the gift and picked them up. Placing the box in her lap he kept his eyes on the box. -This is from Sookie, to us. For the baby.- The collie sat on top of the box and he felt like he was breaking inside, but she was homesick.

-What if...you go back home. Visit your mom? If you don't want to come back I understand and I'll get you whatever you need for the baby. But I won't hold you here.- He stood and walked over to the counter, placing his hands on the top and thinking.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:36 pm

She sighed and shook her head. I don't know what I want, Sam. Seriously, I don't know what I want. I just know that my pants don't fit anymore, I'm tired of craving spicy food that does nothing but give me heartburn and I'm so tired of being sick every time I eat. I miss my mom, I miss my dead friends, I miss the sounds of Boston and the people. Everyone here is so nice and I just..." She looked at him, then to the gifts, then back to him and sighed. "I don't fit in here. I don't have any friends."

She stood from her seat and paced the room, shaking her head and sighing as she did so. Where did she go from here? What was happening?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 pm

-It's whatever you want to do, Nicole. I won't hold you here, I won't make you stay. You have no friends, well hell, go out and make some!- His voice rose and he stopped speaking to calm himself. Part of him didn't want her going anywhere...a very large part. But he just couldn't tell her that. -Maybe take a vacation or something and go visit your family, like I said I can't make you come back. I'm sorry I did this to you, I'm sorry you're struggling with it all. Getting wrapped up in my shit only cost you your friends and for that I'm sorry. I'm just...sorry!- He shook his head and lowered it, blowing out a breath.

-I'll give you some time to think. I uh...I need some air.- He nodded and turned the knob on the door to step onto the porch to take a breath. He did care for her...a lot. He might love her...he might even be in love with her. But so much happening so fast, it only confused him more. He couldn't focus on all that. In the end, it was all her decision.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm