For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Everything Has Changed

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Everything Has Changed Empty Everything Has Changed

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Bill felt everything inside him freeze as though he had the rug pulled out from beneath his feet as he stumbled towards the large window in his personal quarters that over looked the main grounds of his grand estate. He had heard her right....Sophie was alive.

He could not bare to turn and look at her, afraid that if he did he would say or do something that he would regret later. He had mourned the death of that little girl as though she was his own flesh and blood. He had promised Mel that he would look after her, she would want for nothing. She would have everything that she ever wanted, as though in a way he was acting as a father figure. Trying to make up for not being their for Sarah when she was a small child.

This would have been his way of making amends for his absence, but now it was all over the place. Mourning the little girl that had done so much to him. But after everything, Bill had tried to help Kiara and she was keeping this from him all this time. All those nights that he visited her in the bunker and still she said nothing.

Was this a kind of punishment for what he had done, but to make him believe that she was dead was cruel.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Everything Has Changed Empty Re: Everything Has Changed

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Kiara watched his reaction. Well it went as well as expected. She could smell the boiling anger inside him which was to be expected. She sighed as she placed her hands on her lap.

"I'm sorry...but this happened before I even returned to the state....by the time I returned her obituary had been posted and she was safe with two of my kin" she spoke, not sure if any of her words would make a difference in how he felt, surely this...this would be the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of their relationship.

"I was so consumed by my anger... plus I had no idea what state of mind you were in, it didn't seem right to tell anyone. It became even more important to remain secret after my slip up with Vincent and Quinn on the war path... Sophie has suffered enough, she didn't need more vampires and death around her"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Bill could hear her words but he refused to let them have an effect on him as he was trying to control his anger that was brewing deep inside of him. As fire began surging through his veins as he tried to keep it under control. Ever since Lilith he had been having a hard time trying to keep emotions under constant control. But he had never felt this anger before, even after everything Kiara still believed so little of him.

Believing that he would hurt a child, that he would hurt Sophie. She really thought that little of him; how else did she expect him to react to this kind of news.

"...You thought that little of me....That the girl would be at harm from me" he hissed through clenched teeth.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:46 pm

She shook her head "Bill... her whole family was slaughtered by vampires...she's terrified of them. There mere thought of a vampire makes her break down and hide" she tried to explain. "It took me days to even get her to allow the word 'vampire' to be said in front of her"

She shrugged and stood up. "Think of me what you will. I just didn't think it prudent to subject a child to more psychological trauma" she said, making her voice sound steady.

"If all you want is to stand there and be mad at me so be it... I'll be going back to the bunker then"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm

"...After everything...Everything that we have been through. You would think that I would hurt her, you know that she is special to me Kiara..." he growled through his teeth.

He had to take some unnecessary breaths to try and keep his anger under control, the wall began to crack under the pressure as his fists sought out something to grip to keep himself sane. As even now Kiara was still testing his patience as ever.

"Wait!" he called out at her as he could hear her stand from the bed.

He turned to her as she remained still by the bed's edge as he took a few casual steps towards her, his eyes remaining contact with her's.

"....She is safe....Where is she?" he questioned.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Kiara looked apologetic when she answered. "I really don't know. After I lost control and feared Quinn would come after me I had her taken away somewhere safe, so that way even if I were tortured or drugged no one could discover where she is" she said sadly.

Bill still looked at her as if trying to shake the answer from her, or maybe it was the way his fists looked that wanted nothing more than to strangle her neck.

"I....I get phone messages from her every few days, but thats it...I swear to you I don't know where she is. Only when I deem it safe for her to be around me will she return"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:03 pm

When it was deemed safe for her to return, if Bill had any inkling that she was alive he would have been the first to act. But in some way he knew that Kiara was right, perhaps she was safe away from the both of them. Vampires slaughtered her family he had no right to just place himself there, after breaking so many promises to her.

"When she returns....I wish to see her. If she will allow it" he whispered.

He walked past Kiara as he sat down on the edge of the bed, his head resting in his hands as they began massaging his head as though he were trying to rid himself of a headache.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Kiara watched him. Part of her ached to try and soothe him but she knew he wouldn't allow it. He was cross with her and whatever little bit they had managed to rebuild she had effectively shattered.

"I'll go back to the bunker Bill.... it was a bad idea for me to be here to begin with" she said softly.

She fastened the robe around her body and walked to the door. She figured she should be able to make it back to the bunker without being seen, at least there Bill wouldn't have something to be angry about.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:11 pm

He could hear her leaving.

His mind screamed at him to let her go, that it would too rash of a decision to have her back in his home, in his quarters that once he shared with her. That it was clouding his judgement as she always did.

But not listening to his head his arm sprung out and caught her by her wrist.

"Wait.....Don't leave" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:14 pm

She blinked and turned her head, her eyes wide in surprise.

"You....you want me to stay?" she asked incredulously. Why would he want her around after what she just told him? Surely he was still angry, surely he wanted to lash out, so why keep her in his room?

A tiny part inside of her was hopeful he was somehow willing to forgive her but she squashed away that hope quickly. It would do her no good to get her hopes up, however small they might be.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:19 pm

".....I cannot have you outside without my protection. You shall sleep here tonight, I shall sleep in the guest bedroom until I can figure things out" he recited to her.

But yet his hand would not let go of her wrist as though it was glued. He forced himself to his feet as he towered above her, gazing down at her. Their flesh still connected as though something was holding it there.

"I..Want...You to stay here" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:22 pm

She gulped as she found herself looking up at him. She'd forgotten that Bill was taller than her. Her mind raced with how he'd felt when he'd kissed her back at the bunker, how for a shiny moment they were back to their usual selves.

"I....I can't take your room Bill... people would know something is up... I'll take the guest bedroom like you planned before" she said, her voice getting smaller the longer she just stood there, hand in hand with him.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:28 pm

"I cannot protect you if you are not close....No one will come in here. It is the safest place for you to be" he reassured her.

He closed the gap between them as their hands still connected broke them apart, creating the only gap between their bodies growing closer together. His eyes continued to burn into Kiara's as he could hear her pulse racing, her heart thumping in her chest.

He could hear everything again as though they were transported back to a simpler time of when nothing else mattered. Where all problems were left at the door as they locked themselves away in this very room.

"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:41 pm

She gulped and bit her lower lip. His hand was warming up from the mere contact of being against her skin.

Her eyes locked on his, peering into his deep blue eyes. She wondered if he would glamour her, but she had the feeling that she was probably immune to glamouring anyways. Instead her mind wondered about, recalling the countless times they would lock themselves in this very room, nothing but them and the darkness.

"J-just...a room across Bill...isn't that...close enough?" she asked, her voice just a bit shaky, like a first time girlfriend.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Bill continued to gaze into her soft eyes as though he was truly looking upon them for the first time. They were so pure as she was someone completely different, but she wasn't. To Bill she was still the same Kiara only new.

"....I need to have you close...I feel...I feel safer with you close by" he whispered huskily.

The tension in the room had changed, it was sparking around him. But she was new, this was all new. He would not act upon it, he couldn't...Not yet,
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:53 pm

She blinked. Had she heard right? Bill felt...SAFER around her? Only he would feel safer after having witnessed how truly strong and deadly she could be under the wrong circumstances.

She gulped again, not out of fear but because things felt different. Sure her body was in a sense new but it was as if all the times they had spent together had been erased in a way. Her heart would love nothing more than to throw caution to the winds, to try and desperately regain what had been lost but her mind told her otherwise.

His bite had hurt enough to tell her...other things would hurt too, and those things had sucked enough the first time around. Would things with Bill be different? Could she erase the haunting memories of her past by merely reliving them with Bill this time.

"I....I'll stay then" she found herself saying, unsure where the words were coming from.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Reluctantly he dropped his hand to free her hand as it clearly fought to be joined to her hand once again. Only this time he took another step towards her; their bodies closer together than what they were. He could hear her heart pounding even louder than before as though someone was beating a drum right next to his ears.

"I promise..To keep you safe" he whispered.

His hand reaching up to caress her cheek softly.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 pm

She found her eyes following his hand until it made contact with her cheek. It was still slightly warm from when they had been holding hands and she found herself leaning her head against its familiar touch. So many nights where he would just hold her, both of them needing the closeness of another.

"I know..." she said softly, her voice steadier this time as her eyes half closed. "...I trust you"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:15 pm

His hand continued to cup her cheek in the palm on his hand as his thumb ran across her lower lip as his eyes never left hers. He gently leaned down and places a kiss on her cheek as his lips hung there for a few moments as her eyes drew him back.

".....I should let you rest...Everything you need is in the bathroom. I will bring you some food up" he rushed.

Backing away as though he was a teenager being watched by her father.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm

She blinked, her mind taking a moment to register that he'd backed away. She found herself blushing and looking down at her feet.

"oh....um....ok" she said bashfully. Unsure of what else to say she took a step forward and side stepped around him, heading to the large master bathroom. Despite her cold shower from before she wanted another shower, something warm to try and relax her a bit at least.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Bill turned his head as he heard the door close to the master bathroom as he slumped onto the edge of the large bed. Hearing the shower being turned on as he ran his hand through his hair. What was he doing? He was acting like a pubescent adolescent. Acting like he had never been in the same room as Kiara before.

How could she turn him from mad to a bundle of nerves just with her presence in this very room that they had shared not that long ago?

But things had changed, he just couldn't decide if they were for good or bad.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Kiara removed her robe, running her hands along her side. She sighed. At least her body was back to its usual were appetite as it had already burned through all the food she'd eaten before. She figured she'd ask Bill later for some more but for now she hopped into the shower.

The warm water felt like heaven on her skin. She noticed she didn't look one bit paler even after all the blood loss and Bill feeding from her. She wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing.

She reached for some shampoo only to notice that Bill had never removed her own things from this bathroom. Her body wash, her shampoo even her mesh sponge were still there as if she'd never left. She found that detail curious. She reached for her shampoo which smelled lightly of sun ripened peaches and began to lather up her hair.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 pm

He could hear her as though he was in the exact same room as her, he could smell something instantly as it swirled around him in a mist, peaches. It was something that he was accustomed to in sharing the same space with her. A favorite scent of his as the scent lingered on her skin for hours at a time.

He turned his head as he fought an inner battle between what was best and what was safer for her, and also him. But his battle was lost, he forced himself from the bed as he walked around to the door of the bathroom, slowly opening the door to be met with a mist of steam.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:42 pm

She let out a soft groan of pleasure. She'd forgotten how nice this shampoo felt on her scalp and now nice it smelled. Not overpowering to her senses, but light and sweet.

As she stood under the jet of water she ran her hands down her face and chest, chasing away the suds from the shampoo. It left her skin feeling slick.

She reached for her body wash and the mesh sponge, pouring some of the clear, red freckled liquid unto it as she began to wash herself. It tingled with the slight dab of wild flowers. It was hard to find bodywash that wasn't so overly girly but at least this both got her clean and got her smelling nice without smelling like she'd walked through a whole host of perfumes.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Bill let the door to the bathroom swing open without a sound signalling that he was there. He could smell the scents of various cleaning products as they assaulted his senses. He could hear the water hitting the sides of the shower wall as it swirled down the drain.

He knew that he was testing things by being here, but he could not keep it in any longer. His footsteps echoed as they collided with the floor. He stood on the outskirts of the shower curtain as he began peeling his shirt and jacket off as they pooled on the floor.

Slowly working on his trousers as his belt buckle hit the tiled floor along with the remaining of his clothes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm